X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hounds
    • Mar 2004

Direct TV NFL Ticket

I got Direct TV last year so that I could get the NFL ticket. The NFL ticket is awesome. But I had to buy a year of general programing inorder to get the ticket. They said I could cancel that programing after one year and just keep the NFL ticket. But now that the year is almost up they are saying that I cant cancel the general programing and still get the NFL ticket. Does anyone understand how this works and why their was a change???
  • DynaPaul
    • Sep 2003

I've had the ticket for the past 3 seasons. You have to subscribe to the base service, $35.99 a month I think it is, to get the NFL ticket. Basically, the NFL ticket is not a stand alone service that you can just buy. It's an extra package on top of whatever cable plan you choose.

Comment

• Hounds
      • Mar 2004

Maybe you can answer another question: now that I have had the service for a year that I was required to (with no DVR) can I cancel the whole thing and sign up for the free DVR that they now publicize?

Comment

• Patti120
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Hounds
        Maybe you can answer another question: now that I have had the service for a year that I was required to (with no DVR) can I cancel the whole thing and sign up for the free DVR that they now publicize?
        I'm willing to bet no, I've had Directv and Sunday Ticket for 2 years. If you wanted to be shady though, you could probably cancel, (say you're moving, although you wouldn't be, and tell them your new landlord or whatever won't let you have it) and if you have a roomate, girlfriend/boyfriend, you could put it in their name.

Just a thought.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Why do you want to get rid of DirecTV? Around here it's far superior to cable. I think LOG said he had Sunday Ticket without regular service, though- you might want to talk to him.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

i can tell you a little known secret.. you DO NOT have to have any other programming other than the NFL ticket.. i have the nfl ticket on 3 tvs in my game room.. i first got the ticket in 1998.. back then you had to have some kind of basic programming.. you do not any longer.. i have had cable for the past 4 years and the only thing that works on my directv is the nfl ticket and the nfl channel which comes free with the ticket.

you just have to push the issue, because they dont want to advertise the fact that you can get just the ticket.. i pay 179$ a year one time and that is it.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Hounds
              • Mar 2004

I thought that you had said that before Tatonka. So I figured last year I had to sign up for the one year to get direct TV. But now I could cancel the basic programing and just get the NFL ticket and the NFL network. That is all I want from Direct TV because 1. I cant get local tv stations where I live with Direct TV and 2. I have a DVR free with my cable company but not with Direct TV. And the DVR is awesome I love rewinding plays and live tv if you miss what someone said. I even tape programs on the DVR then watch them later fast forwarding thru the commercials.

But when I asked her is I could disconnect my basic and only get the NFL ticket and NFL network she siad that you as of recently can no longer do that. Now I wouldnt be supprised if she was wrong and the next opperator did it. But I wanted to see what other direct TV users thought. SO WHAT DO I DO? please help. IS Tatonka correct or the operator.

Comment

• Hounds
                • Mar 2004

Also I only have a one receiver I like the way Tatonka has it set up with 3 TV's. How did you do that do I need a multiple room receiver?

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

first.. i know i am right because i do it.. there is no doubt about whether i can do, because i have been doing it for years.. if she says you cant do that.. say "BULL****!" and ask to speak with her manager.. tell her that you have several friends that currently do it, so you know she is lying.. you have to be an ******* sometimes to get things done..

second.. as far as the 3 tvs.. you have to have 3 receivers.. that is the only way to be able to change the channels on each tv and watch 3 seperate games.. you pay 5 extra dollars a month for each extra receiver to have the nfl ticket on each.

i am telling you, you can kill your programming.. just tell them you know alot of others that do it.. they will cave.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• lordofgun
                    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

I have it.

Although every year at this time, they cut off my NFL network for about two months until they bill me for next year's sunday ticket.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Bills 4 life
                      • Oct 2004

I had the worst experience with Directv. They do not give a damn about their customers. When I was installing it, they missed 3 appointments. Did not call or anything. My wife took off MANY hours of work to wait for these people! All they gave me was $20 a missed appt. We lost about $500-600 in lost pay. I requested a free NFL ticket for the year. They said NO, we gave you $60.

And I know 3-4 people that this happened to also.
                      "No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills"

Buffalo Bills fans- "We're all we got"

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Yipes..that sounds like terrible business practice...but keep in mind it's the individual installation companies at fault...not DirectTV itself
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Jeff1220
                          H to the 12:20
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          first.. i know i am right because i do it.. there is no doubt about whether i can do, because i have been doing it for years.. if she says you cant do that.. say "BULL****!" and ask to speak with her manager.. tell her that you have several friends that currently do it, so you know she is lying.. you have to be an ******* sometimes to get things done..

second.. as far as the 3 tvs.. you have to have 3 receivers.. that is the only way to be able to change the channels on each tv and watch 3 seperate games.. you pay 5 extra dollars a month for each extra receiver to have the nfl ticket on each.

i am telling you, you can kill your programming.. just tell them you know alot of others that do it.. they will cave.

They told me that it's something they used to do and still "grandfather" in those who did it then. I spoke w/ a supervisor and gave him the ultimatum to do it or else Ill just cancel. He took down my shut off date and apologized that he couldn't do it. I decided to keep it (I can't go w/o my games) and called back 2 days later to cancel the disconnect.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Bills 4 life
                            I had the worst experience with Directv. They do not give a damn about their customers. When I was installing it, they missed 3 appointments. Did not call or anything. My wife took off MANY hours of work to wait for these people! All they gave me was $20 a missed appt. We lost about $500-600 in lost pay. I requested a free NFL ticket for the year. They said NO, we gave you $60.

And I know 3-4 people that this happened to also.
                            wow- we had similar issues with the local cable companies- they're friggin horrible and I refuse to give them any more money. So far, I've had DirecTV for 3 years, including a move, and I've never had a problem with them.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dirtywater
                              • Aug 2004

This year's NFL Ticket is going to be HD!!! Any game that is being broadcast in HD will now be able to be seen in HD on the NFL Ticket!!

So ***** awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X