• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

The demise of the Pats is at hand

That clown Peter Brady managed to grow a pair of cool-yewns and demand to be paid like a top 5 QB, since everyone here and the media thinks he is. Everyone except me! I KNOW that Peter would be the next Garcia, Warner, or Dilfer on any other team. Now, the team will be forced to act like everyone else in the league and lose a little in talent when you have a big name QB. Its about frikkin time. Did you know that Bledsoe made more last year than Tom Brady? Its true, look it up. It cements my point. If Tom Brady had half the ego that the rest of the players in the league did, the team would have never won 3 SB's, he would have demanded a renegotiation after the first SB win. Then the team would not have been able to sign as many players due to the cap. Their overall talent would have suffered. Tom is actually smart enough to know that he is average at best and his realization of his talent kept the cap hit down at QB allowed them to grab Dillon, Harrison, and others and its one of the reasons they won 3 SB's.

Finally, the Pats are headed south. As with any team that has a SB run, its time to pay the piper. The players assume they are better than they are and ask for more money that they are worth which essentially means the team is overpaying for their talent level. That puts them on the fast track to mediocrity. If you have a team that is under paid but stocked with raw talent and has good caoching your set to make some runs...HMMMMMM, sound familiar? Now, the Pats could still be tough after the talent drops off if they have fabulous coaching. The Pats do, or should I say did. But, the purge of talent isnt just in players but also in the coaching ranks. Now, both top coordinators are gone for head coaching jobs. So, if the talent level is down and the coaching isnt there, your headed south. The X factor is Belicheck. Is it possible the Beli can manage to coach everything and keep the team from missing the playoffs next year? maybe. But I also can see that his new Coords will want to do their jobs and run their shows and that Beli cant micromanage or be everywhere at once. Chances are decent that NE starts there decline next year due to the coaching losses and a few players losses. The major pruge really hasnt happened yet, it will come trust me.

Now, the Bills on the other hand, are a team on the rise. The ONLY teams worthy of serious worry in our division is the Pats and my previous comments suggest that we should start to worry less and less. Jets and Fins dont scare me. The Bills have all the players in the right places. No, we dont have the perfect team, we dont have a stud DE or a stud LT. But who is the stud LT for the Pats? Who is the stud DE for the Eagles? Kearse didnt play in many games. I dont believe any team in the league is perfect or has it all. In fact, I think we are better off right now today than about 80% of the league. This, however, assumes top play from some players that have yet to prove it, namely, JP. Ltes assume JP steps up and plays better than say 70% of the starting QB's. That seems reasonable and within reach. That puts him above Harrington, Boller, Delhomme, and Kerry Collins for instance. But im not suggesting he has to be at the level of Manning, Vick, McNabb, or even last years Rothlisberger. If he plays just that well, consider the rest of the equation: A speedy young star WR, a speedy slot WR, a stud vet WR, and young provne start RB, a o-line that sprung that same RB for 1000+ and added to its talent level in the offseason, a D thats 2nd in the league, coaching that put them in playoff contention despite a 0-4 start. Ummm, that pretty damn good!!!!

In my most honest opinion. The puzzle pieces are all there and we are in better shape than the Pats were before they became the so called "dynasty". We are the next team to do it in the league, and the beauty is we get to wqatch it play out against the previous dynasty twice each year! I will love nothing more than to watch us become a powerhouse at the expense of the single most overrated anything ever!!!

• THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Dude they have won 3 out of the last 4 superbowls. How can they be overrated?

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
      Expert on Experts
      • Jul 2002

The Pats will be very, very good again this year.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
        Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
        • Mar 2003

TOM Brady? Anyways, I hope you're right, but for some reason I doubt it.
        "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
        -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Jeff1220
          H to the 12:20
          • Jul 2002

Pats demise? I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

• Turf
            • Jul 2002

Brady is the best QB to come around in years. He won those three Super Bowls as much as the Bellicheck did. In fact, the QB change to Brady made them what they are. It's all Brady at this point. The coach is just running with him. Brady is the OC.
            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Stewie
              Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
              • Aug 2002

stupidest long post ever
              Originally posted by Topdog
              Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
              Originally posted by mercyrule
              I love Weiner.
              Originally posted by mercyrule
              also cheese

Comment

• Dirtywater
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by jp-era
                That clown Peter Brady managed to grow a pair of cool-yewns and demand to be paid like a top 5 QB
                Wait, I thought his name was Tom Brady, not Peter Br... oh wait!

Oh, I get it, Peter Brady was a character in the Brady Bunch TV show... oh man... ... seriously, classic.

I would've expected maybe a Marcia Brady or even Jan, but Peter. that is classic. It puts him right in his place. Nice! I'm a big fan, can't wait for more comedy.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                  WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                  • Mar 2003

I hate pats fans. The sox and pats have won championships. Now you can die happy. So please do.
                  Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Brady is definitely the product of a system, but what a system it is. He would struggle in a vertical passing game like the Raiders have always favored, but he is Montana-esque in the Patsy dink and dunk system.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I'm so tired of all the Patriots and Brady ass kissing.

May they all go to hell.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                        • Sep 2003

I think everyone is sick of the Patsies. I know I am. Yes, they will fall this year. Sure, they'll be competitive and all but I'll bet my left nut right now they ain't coming to the big dance this year.

Comment

• BIGDOG
                          • Sep 2004

We open with the patsies in thier house. I can asure you the new RAIDAZZZ will put these awipes back in the hole they crawed out of. Unless of course WALT COLEMAN is the Field Judge for the ZEBRA TEAM!

PAT FAN SUK DONKY BALLS

Comment

• Bling
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by BIGDOG
                            We open with the patsies in thier house. I can asure you the new RAIDAZZZ will put these awipes back in the hole they crawed out of. Unless of course WALT COLEMAN is the Field Judge for the ZEBRA TEAM!

PAT FAN SUK DONKY BALLS
                            Bill Belicheck is going to own your whole team...which isn't very hard, when the only player you have is Randy Moss.

PS - Hope the backup RB does you well

Comment

• BFBills
                              "That will be Nate Clements third Pic of the day!"
                              • Oct 2002

i like football
                              "BillsZone.com some of the most uhhhh....some of the smartest football talkers I've ever ever talked to"...Voltron...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X