PDA

View Full Version : So who is still kissing Drews ass after today?

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-15-2002, 08:34 PM
Today was one of his most disgusting performances I've seen in a long time. This was worse then the Patriots game without the interceptions.

Where do we go from here? We have the most offensive weapons in the NFL, yet we can't do anything since the first Miami game. I knew his stats would be slacking off after that game, but this is shattering anybody's expectations.

I dont' expect the begining of the year Drew to be back next year. What we get is what we're seeing right now. He'll pull off a few spectacular games but will be mediocre or worse in the rest of them.

Drews success at the start of the year was a combination of easy teams/defenses, opposing teams not knowing our offense yet, and Drews inspiration to show he could still play after missing most of the season before with the injury.

He hasn't been the same since the first New England game. It's almost as if he was just looking foward to that game and after he choked and got embarrassed and he's lost his confidence.

I don't see things getting much better. We can't do much worse so it will get better, but nothing spectacular. There's no reason for the way our offense has been playing. Travis Henry and our defense won this game for us. Drew almost lost it.

Dozerdog
12-15-2002, 08:37 PM
Hide the butterknives!

The wrist slashing is beginning!

StillLurkin
12-15-2002, 08:44 PM
its amazing what people piss and moan about after a win.

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-15-2002, 08:46 PM
I'm thrilled about the win but it still doesn't cover up the facts.

Dozerdog
12-15-2002, 08:52 PM
Facts-

+4 (and counting)in the win column from last year's RJ & AVP horror show at QB

All time Bill's leader in yardage for a season

If he didn't have the worst defense in the 40n year history of the Bills to contend with, we might be a Superbowl team this season. And I'm not talking a top 5 defense. I'm talking an average defense, likke Cleveland's or Indy's.

Dozerdog
12-15-2002, 08:54 PM
He had 2 bad games. One was a nightmare vs the pats, and a game in which he threw no Int's and we led or tied for 50 minutes.

Novacane
12-15-2002, 08:56 PM
I'd Kill for an "average" defense.

On Drew...........................his play is starting to concern me but at least we won.

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-15-2002, 08:59 PM
Our offense has had 2 good games in the last 7

I don't hate the guy but you can't look past what has happened recently. If he stays at this level will you be satisfied with that? I know I wouldn't.

The emergence of Travis Henry is what will lead us into the future. He needs to be the focal point of the offense.

Akhippo
12-15-2002, 09:00 PM
Exactly. Unless your Gannon this year, every QB in the league has had bad days. Are we now calling for AVP or TB. please. And for anybody who hates DB, no stats please, or at least not the 500 word posts. When they have TH run for 140+ and DB throw for 300+, let me know. People btch when he throws to much, and do the same when he doesnt throw enough. Sure hes been off lately, but TH has been running the ball well. Id take DB over whats been here the last 8 years. Just remember, we could have worse.

Tatonka
12-15-2002, 10:00 PM
drew will be fine if henry is the featured player.. much like trent green in kc, with holmes.

Dozerdog
12-15-2002, 10:03 PM
Any running game makes QBs look good- and makes their jobs easier. A Good D that keeps you in it keeps the constant pressure to produce TDs every time out off of their shoulders.

LVGrown
12-15-2002, 10:18 PM
Brees and Flutie were looking like all-stars out there as well ... wind was pretty icky! I'm still on the bledsoe bandwagon and will be until we go 0-16 or worse!

Erin

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-15-2002, 10:21 PM
I was sitting by some idiots who were wearing some Bills gear that were rooting on the Chargers the entire game.

At least the drunk CFL loving Canadians got too see their hero play for a quarter.

BambinoSux
12-15-2002, 10:27 PM
I'm still on the Bledsoe bandwagon.

SABURZFAN
12-16-2002, 07:02 AM
i'll take bledsoe over johnson,flutie,and AVP.

doug45
12-16-2002, 07:35 AM
I like Drew but yesterday he had a few chance to run 10 - 20 yards with out being touched and get the first down and didn't even try!!! He took the sack instead. I know he isn't a guy that is likly to run but I could have made these runs, at least try.

WG
12-16-2002, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Facts-

+4 (and counting)in the win column from last year's RJ & AVP horror show at QB

All time Bill's leader in yardage for a season

If he didn't have the worst defense in the 40n year history of the Bills to contend with, we might be a Superbowl team this season. And I'm not talking a top 5 defense. I'm talking an average defense, likke Cleveland's or Indy's.

"All time Bill's leader in yardage for a season"

Big Deal! That's the problem, everyone raves about yardage. Has anyone heard anything about scoring records? Or TDs? Just curious. How do yards alone win games? Drew is the master of putting up yards w/o getting anything for them. He always has been. Why do you think that he has far, far fewer TDs than other QBs who have near his milestone in yardage?

As to our defense, I'm not sure anyone realizes this, but it is an average defense now. Over our last 8 games, in spite of the O not helping the matter like in last week's set up at our own 6 yard line, our D has allowed only 21.8 PPG. If they had been playing like that all season they'd be ranked 15th right now in scoring-D! That's top half by 1 ranking, very average.

It's not the D that's been responsible for losses over the past 8 weeks. They've held teams to under 20 points in four games resulting in 3 wins and one loss.

In the other 4 games they played well in the second Miami game holding a very potent offensive team to only 21 points.

In the other three losses, the offense put up only a combined 37 points in all three games, or 12.3 PPG apiece. Hardly all the fault of the defense, particularly when the Offense can't keep the opponent's offense off the field.

fabolouspaul
12-16-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by PA Season Ticket Holder
Today was one of his most disgusting performances I've seen in a long time. This was worse then the Patriots game without the interceptions.

Where do we go from here? We have the most offensive weapons in the NFL, yet we can't do anything since the first Miami game. I knew his stats would be slacking off after that game, but this is shattering anybody's expectations.

I dont' expect the begining of the year Drew to be back next year. What we get is what we're seeing right now. He'll pull off a few spectacular games but will be mediocre or worse in the rest of them.

Drews success at the start of the year was a combination of easy teams/defenses, opposing teams not knowing our offense yet, and Drews inspiration to show he could still play after missing most of the season before with the injury.

He hasn't been the same since the first New England game. It's almost as if he was just looking foward to that game and after he choked and got embarrassed and he's lost his confidence.

I don't see things getting much better. We can't do much worse so it will get better, but nothing spectacular. There's no reason for the way our offense has been playing. Travis Henry and our defense won this game for us. Drew almost lost it.

Who else do you want to QB our team, Joe Montana!? We have one of the top 10 QB's in the league. Istnt that good enough!?? If Travis is the focal point of our offense Drew will be more effective. But unfortunately we seem to always be losing early which means Drew has to air the ball. I think we all would agree that we need a lot of help this offseason to patch up our defense. We were 3-13 last year and now we have a realistic shot at going 8-8. I see thats a VERY impressive improvement.

mybills
12-17-2002, 03:24 PM
Anyone would've improved our record from last year, so I have to laugh when someone says that Drew got us more wins this year.
:chuckle:
If someone likes Drew, that's their right.
If someone doesn't like Drew, they have the right not to.

I never liked him, and I'm not about to lie about it to apease anyone. And I like seeing people's reactions to this too..lol...

RedEyE
12-17-2002, 03:35 PM
QBs have bad days. Just ask Jim Kelly. Drew's performance over the past two weeks has been subpar, but what he brings to the offense is far better then what the Pill or Rob Johnson would have done for this team this season. Stop whinnig. Let him play.

fabolouspaul
12-17-2002, 04:43 PM
All I gotta say is that id rather have Bledsoe then RJ. nuff said

Cntrygal
12-17-2002, 05:09 PM
I have to agree there Paul!!!

WG
12-17-2002, 05:19 PM
Yeah, and I'd rather have Bledsoe than Leaf, or Hobert, or Frerotte. What's the point? RJ sucks, we're told. If he sucks, then how is it that a QB being better than RJ makes him good?

That's like saying it's the tastiest thing since fresh, warm sh**!!

MMMM!!! Can't wait to try it! LOL

Red Eye,

What you fail to notice is that Drew's last two games haven't only been bad, the last 8 have been, at least not good. There's no question that his performances are getting worse and worse as the season goes on. In case you haven't noticed, his QB rating has gotten worse just about every week w/ only a couple of exceptions. That's b/c his performances have been going down hill. Let's please stop w/ the "last two games" nonsense. We know you think Drew's the hottest thing since warm bread. No need to embellish.

But if you care to look, and are honest w/ yourself, then what you'll notice, is that he's put up only half the TDs on a per game basis and nearly twice the TOs in the past 8 games vice the first 6. There's absolutely no way to explain that other than to say his performance has slipped. It wasn't cold in Oct. and Nov. It wasn't rainy! His fingers weren't broken, although he played like it on a couple of occasions.

I totally agree w/ mybills when she said:

"Anyone would've improved our record from last year, so I have to laugh when someone says that Drew got us more wins this year."

People act as if the only significant difference in the level of performance is Drew and due to Drew. The OL is WORLDS above what it was last year. Henry isn't even the same RB. He's three times what he was last year!

I will say this, we were told that Drew was plug-n-play ready, that he's never had the tools that he has here, blah, blah, blah...

I will say that if he doesn't beat his 27/15, 28/15 seasons he had in N.E. w/ the # of attempts that he's had and he insistance by Gilbride to pass, then something's wrong and it'll be a sad statement. If we need to have perfection around him for him to excel, then somethings wrong! Yet, that's exactly what it looks like to me is the indication.

QBs w/ not nearly what Drew has around him and not nearly the attempts that he's had have more, equal to, or near his TD totals.

B. Johnson, McNair, Brooks, Brady, Green. McNabb, Pennington, Bulger, and and Maddox would have been in there too if they had started all the games this season. There's no way that Drew's a top 10 QB. He may be around 10, but that's it. His sacks have unquestionably hurt the team as well often ending drives on stupid plays. The fact that he can't move out of the way of an oncoming tortoise doesn't help things either.

LuvDaBills11
12-17-2002, 05:21 PM
drew has had a couple of bad games but I think only part of that is his fault. gilbride was making crap calls and people are figuring out that our young ol can be bltized successfully. there figuring out that you only have to cover eric and peerless for a few seconds with a good blitz so they are using bump coverage. the defense is getting us down early meaning the offense has to pass and is onedimensionil.

drew is a vry good qb who has too many other things to compensate for and the fact that he is there makes gilbride give up on the run too often.

its funny but i saw a lot of rj in the last few drew performances and it makes me wonder if it wasnt all rjs fault.

RedEyE
12-17-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Yeah, and I'd rather have Bledsoe than Leaf, or Hobert, or Frerotte. What's the point? RJ sucks, we're told. If he sucks, then how is it that a QB being better than RJ makes him good?

That's like saying it's the tastiest thing since fresh, warm sh**!!

MMMM!!! Can't wait to try it! LOL

Red Eye,

What you fail to notice is that Drew's last two games haven't only been bad, the last 8 have been, at least not good. There's no question that his performances are getting worse and worse as the season goes on. In case you haven't noticed, his QB rating has gotten worse just about every week w/ only a couple of exceptions. That's b/c his performances have been going down hill. Let's please stop w/ the "last two games" nonsense. We know you think Drew's the hottest thing since warm bread. No need to embellish.

But if you care to look, and are honest w/ yourself, then what you'll notice, is that he's put up only half the TDs on a per game basis and nearly twice the TOs in the past 8 games vice the first 6. There's absolutely no way to explain that other than to say his performance has slipped. It wasn't cold in Oct. and Nov. It wasn't rainy! His fingers weren't broken, although he played like it on a couple of occasions.

:lol: What I fail to notice?? bwahahahahahaha.........

Wys - "Rob Johnson is the QB of the future."

Wys - "Travis Henry will never make it in the NFL. Start Bryson now!"

Wys - "Bledsoe wasn't worth the trade."

Your a piece of work. No offense Wys, but you don't necessarily have any credibilty on this board. What you fail to realize is that Bledsoe has done more for this team then you are willing to admit. Your continued negativity on this board is sad. Stop trying to drag everyone else down, and instead, do something that will inevitably help out the Bills for years and years to come - Become a Dolphins fan.

Mad Bomber
12-17-2002, 07:07 PM
No personal attacks on this post...

First, Bledsoe DID have a lousy game. So did Brees.

Second, we WON. We ran the ball, and our D came up big in a number of situations.

I'd rather have a W with DB having crappy statistics than DB having 400 yds passing in a 40-39 loss!

I'm not kissing Drew's ass, but we WON!!! WOOOOHOOOO!

....so shut the f**k up! :D

WG
12-17-2002, 07:51 PM
Bledsoe's had more than a couple of lousy games! ;)

As a matter of fact, and I know that's something that you are loathe to see spelled out there Red Eye, but the fact of the matter is that the more Bledsoe puts the ball in the air, the less our chances of winning are.

See the new thread...

Then we can revisit that "credibility issue", eh!

;)

RedEyE
12-17-2002, 09:17 PM
Bledsoe's had more than a couple of lousy games! ;)

As a matter of fact, and I know that's something that you are loathe to see spelled out there Red Eye, but the fact of the matter is that the more Bledsoe puts the ball in the air, the less our chances of winning are.

See the new thread...

Then we can revisit that "credibility issue", eh!

;)

Sorry Wys, your "new thread" communicates very little. :injured:

DIHARD2
12-18-2002, 06:29 AM
I believe that Bledsoes bad games are part his fault when he dose a audible out of a run to a pass. Teams have figured that they can push our offensive line around on a pass play.

Bledsoe has to get out of the I'm the hero mentality, and start using this pass rush with a run. For some reason I don't think he is reading the defense right or maybe he's looking to get some coaches fired.

The fact is we have Henry, and hopefully Bledsoe will realize that, that will make him look more like hero when he does hand the ball off to Henry and win games.

We control the clock the last quarter of last week's game, and hopefully our defense doesn't put us in to deep of a whole early in the game this week, so we can do it again.

I think Bledsoe is trying to get back at New England instead of doing what is right and that is play as a team's quarterback not a quarterback who has a team. I'm surprised that he hasn't learned that from sitting the bench last year. It was a quarterback playing with a team that won the Super Bowl last year, and usually that is what it takes.

Even though Bledsoe records doesn't show points scored the fact is once he learned to take a team off his shoulders, and let it worked together to win it will not happened.

Also, a lot of good balls were dropped in the end zone that should've been points that WYS, keep asking for, but unfortunately nobody keeps those stats so he can use all the stats he wants to make his argument looked good, but they do not show the whole picture.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

mybills
12-18-2002, 08:38 AM
The fact that he can't move out of the way of an oncoming tortoise doesn't help things either.

:rofl:

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
I'd rather have a W with DB having crappy statistics than DB having 400 yds passing in a 40-39 loss!

but we WON!!! WOOOOHOOOO!

I'll second that!

vabillsfan
12-18-2002, 10:32 AM
Give it a rest boyz. For pete's sake - when did this become a "we have to point out all of the bad things about the Bills" board?? So what if some of us are optimistic and maybe blindly so sometimes? Who has decided that being a fan means we have to "look at the facts", back up everything with statistics and live in woe over our subpar record?

Whatever happened to loving your team, no matter what, and cheering them on without having to defend it every week.

For petes sake - I'm glad I didn't know some of you in the 2-14 years!

Enjoy our team!!! GO BILLS!!!!

bduff54
12-18-2002, 11:24 AM
this is so funny, wys you are the worst Bills fan i know. You are never happy!

Patrick76777
12-18-2002, 11:37 AM
Who cares, QBs have bad games. Always will. And it’s a proven fact that a good majority of football fans hate the starting QB and coach. I remember people hating Jim Kelly. But now that he’s retired, they love him. Only in a fantasy world would a QB throw for 320 yards and 3 tds a game. Who cares. And BTW we won.