PDA

View Full Version : How do Bills fans feel about...

FinNasty23
05-10-2005, 04:26 PM
I am a Dolphin fan and new to this site. But I am an even bigger fan of football. I am actually curious about how the fans on this board feel about trading Travis Henry? I mean you guys have a freakin stud with McGahee, and if he stays healthy there is no doubt in my mind that he can be one of the best in the league for years to come. But is there a concern on this board about McGahee staying healthy? Personally, I would try my hardest to hold on to Henry (even though he isnt giving you guys much of an option) as hard as I could for this season as an insurance policy since McGahee hasnt played a full season yet.

Nasty

PS - Now I know I am gunna get some immature repsonses like "Dolphins Suck", but I am hoping that I can have a normal conversation about football with some of the more mature people on this board.

The_Philster
05-10-2005, 04:53 PM
I'd love to have Henry remain as a backup but his attitude hasn't been of a team player of late

Bill Brasky
05-10-2005, 05:00 PM
It'd be great to keep both, but in a money-driven league it will never happen.

FinNasty23
05-10-2005, 05:02 PM
I'd love to have Henry remain as a backup but his attitude hasn't been of a team player of late
Ya he is being a real punk about everything. There is no doubt that you guys would have the best 1 2 punch out of the backfield if he stayed (unless Ricky returned :jig:)

Nasty

The_Philster
05-10-2005, 05:03 PM
It'd be great to keep both, but in a money-driven league it will never happen.

well..money doesn't even enter into it for 2005...neither one has a large contract

I am a Dolphin fan
You know...it takes a big man to admit the problem...coming here might help you solve it...Chambers84Phins is slowly turning to our side...won't be long before he's McGahee21Bills

Bling
05-10-2005, 05:05 PM
You know...it takes a big man to admit the problem...coming here might help you solve it...Chambers84Phins is slowly turning to our side...won't be long before he's McGahee21Bills

You mean he isn't already a Bills fan? :headscrat

FinNasty23
05-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Hahahaha... sorry man... I bleed aqua and orange. But you guys do have alot of talent on your team. I really thin McGahee is gunna be a stud (if he can stay healthy) and hope he and RBrown will be battling as rivals for years (hopefully for the season rushing title!)

Nasty

FinNasty23
05-10-2005, 05:33 PM
So are people worried on this board about trading Henry or is everyone confident about McGahee staying healthy?

Nasty

THATHURMANATOR
05-10-2005, 05:34 PM
I would love Henry as a backup. I am confident that Willis will stay healthy though.

justasportsfan
05-10-2005, 05:43 PM
Henry has been a warrior on the field. His problem is that he ASKED the bills for a contract extension because he needed $$. He lost his job and now he's whining. He should just come back, honor the extension he asked for and prove to the world he's a starter .

AndreReed83
05-10-2005, 05:54 PM
Dolphins suck........ just kidding, welcome to the board. I'm hoping Henry can be traded for a 3rd. Someone will go down in training camp or before the trade deadline (that's just how the game is) and hopefully something with Henry can be done.

OpIv37
05-10-2005, 06:22 PM
welcome to the board. I definitely have my concerns about Willis and wish Henry would STFU and play. But, Willis was hesitant last year because of inexperience and the fact that he was still recovering. His true durability will be determined this year, and regardless of who the RB is I'm worried that our O-line will get them killed.

That being said, if Henry's going to continue to be such an immature little *****, I'd rather get something for him now than nothing when he becomes an FA next offseason.

ShadowHawk7
05-10-2005, 06:40 PM
I am a Dolphin fan and new to this site. But I am an even bigger fan of football. I am actually curious about how the fans on this board feel about trading Travis Henry? I mean you guys have a freakin stud with McGahee, and if he stays healthy there is no doubt in my mind that he can be one of the best in the league for years to come. But is there a concern on this board about McGahee staying healthy? Personally, I would try my hardest to hold on to Henry (even though he isnt giving you guys much of an option) as hard as I could for this season as an insurance policy since McGahee hasnt played a full season yet.

Nasty

PS - Now I know I am gunna get some immature repsonses like "Dolphins Suck", but I am hoping that I can have a normal conversation about football with some of the more mature people on this board.

Hey welcome to the Zone dude. I enjoy talking to people who are fans of other teams if they are, like you said, a bigger fan of football. Posters like NE39, LT, and you are good, knowledgable football fans, and we could use more of you. Thanks for the props on McGahee.

Anyways, about the TH situation, if TH comes back to reality, and gets off of Madden, he'll realize he has to play his best to get half of the money he wants next year in the FA, which will work to our advantage. Or if a RB gets hurt in the summer, TH may be dealt to them for a 3rd in 2006.

Iehoshua
05-10-2005, 07:13 PM
Dolphins suck!

:snicker:

I hope they show Henry the door. He's more injury prone to me than McGahee.

finsrclowns
05-10-2005, 07:57 PM

Nasty

Dolphins :shutup:

It's pretty simple. First team to offer us a third has themselves a "top 5 back". If noone does, Henry will get a "5 day letter" and will report, reluctantly, for duty.

FinNasty23
05-10-2005, 08:07 PM
It's pretty simple. First team to offer us a third has themselves a "top 5 back". If noone does, Henry will get a "5 day letter" and will report, reluctantly, for duty.
So you all would be content with only getting a third for Henry? Wow! I personally dont think he is a top 5 back but definatly top 10 and i think you all would be getting just plain robbed if all you got was a 3rd. What teams have been showing interest in Henry lately? of course there was the Arizona thing but who else?

Nasty

Bling
05-10-2005, 08:13 PM
Henry seems motivated. He'll have a career year if a team picks him up.

finsrclowns
05-10-2005, 08:17 PM
So you all would be content with only getting a third for Henry? Wow! I personally dont think he is a top 5 back but definatly top 10 and i think you all would be getting just plain robbed if all you got was a 3rd. What teams have been showing interest in Henry lately? of course there was the Arizona thing but who else?

Nasty

Some of us would be content giving him bus fare, but we'll take the 3rd and be happy we cured cancer.

FinNasty23
05-10-2005, 08:20 PM
His true durability will be determined this year, and regardless of who the RB is I'm worried that our O-line will get them killed.
Ya... i would be worried about WM this year too since your passing game wont be as much of a threat like last year with Losman (understandably with his inexperience) and defenses will be stackin the box until Losman proves otherwise. Because of this, WM will prob be takin a good amount of beatin this season runnin into a wall of defenders with a lack of a passing game.... and trust me... as a dolphins fan, i know exactly what that is like.:snicker2:

Nasty

LtBillsFan66
05-10-2005, 08:24 PM
go f yourself

wchutalkinboutwillis
05-10-2005, 08:32 PM
There's no question that Henry could start for many teams in the NFL. I was really hoping they could move him and get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him but it obviously didn't happen. With that said, if he doesn't get traded, he'll show up, keep his mouth shut, and put his nose to the grind stone.
TD saw this coming a long time ago. I think it was after Henry's 2nd season that Henry agreed to a one year extension. A 1,300 yd rusher agreeing to a one yr extension for what averages to about 1.5mm per year? Didn't make sense then and it doesn't make sense now but apparently TD had a favor coming to him. The next year, TD turns around and picks up wachutalkinaboutWillis. No question it was a slap in the face to Henry.
This line may not be great and is certainly a huge question mark, but it's built for the run. Gandy, Anderson and Mike Williams may not be the best pass protectors but they are known to be maulers. They prefer to play on their toes and get nuts as opposed to being confined to their heels in retreat mode. The game plan will be on the shoulders of Willis which explains the limited yet focused free agency pick ups. If opposing D's bear down on the run game, Losman's arm and athleticism will be counted upon to open things up again.
Bottom line is that we'll need a solid back up to Willis who will see a tremendous amount of carries. There's a good chance Henry will be moved when (and I mean "when" not if) a feature back gets injured in training camp. If not, Shaud Williams has shown he can play. If Henry happens to stick around, and I think there's a lot of people that hope he does, it could be a huge, huge benefit to Buffalo.

The_Philster
05-10-2005, 08:35 PM
Henry seems motivated. He'll have a career year if a team picks him up.

:lol: So motivated he won't report

ShadowHawk7
05-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Ya... i would be worried about WM this year too since your passing game wont be as much of a threat like last year with Losman (understandably with his inexperience) and defenses will be stackin the box until Losman proves otherwise. Because of this, WM will prob be takin a good amount of beatin this season runnin into a wall of defenders with a lack of a passing game.... and trust me... as a dolphins fan, i know exactly what that is like.:snicker2:

Nasty

Lol. Hopefully JP, and his bolstered WR corps will be able to back those safeties up. I think Parrish, Moulds, and Evans will be a trio to contend with soon enough.

go f yourself

Shut up. :cynic:

FinNasty23
05-10-2005, 08:51 PM
Lol. Hopefully JP, and his bolstered WR corps will be able to back those safeties up. I think Parrish, Moulds, and Evans will be a trio to contend with soon enough.
Oh there is no doubt that you guys have some great talent at WR, I'm not sold on Rosco yet though as a WR. He is a great kick returner though especially with punts and should immediatly contribute there.

It is a shame you guys wernt able to land A-Train. What happened with that and why didnt u guys end up signin him?

Nasty

The_Philster
05-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Hahahaha... sorry man... I bleed aqua and orange. But you guys do have alot of talent on your team. I really thin McGahee is gunna be a stud (if he can stay healthy) and hope he and RBrown will be battling as rivals for years (hopefully for the season rushing title!)

Nasty

so you're saying you're in need of a transfusion of some red, white, and blue blood cells :scratch:

OpIv37
05-10-2005, 09:28 PM
It is a shame you guys wernt able to land A-Train. What happened with that and why didnt u guys end up signin him?

Nasty

basically, the Henry situation scared him off.

As far as our passing game goes, it sucked at the beginning of last year. This team relies on defense, the run, and big special teams plays. If those units perform as well as they did last year, hopefully we can still win a few games while Losman adjusts to the NFL. Realistically, I don't think it will be a very good season.

TigerJ
05-10-2005, 09:53 PM
Welcome to the Zone. As long as Henry is acting like a spoiled kid, he's of no use to the Bills. He has been a very productive back. I personally would rate him a top 15 back when healthy, not a top 5 or 10. However, several factors mitigate against Buffalo getting any kind of top pick for him:

First, other teams know that with Henry's attitude being what it is Buffalo's back is to the wall. They just aren't going to offer top value for Henry.

Second, Henry's running style is much like that of a bigger running back. It takes a toll on his body. He's had injuries the last two years, though in 2003 he played through them. Other teams will deem him a health risk and downgrade his value accordingly.

There is a chance Buffalo could still finagle a second for Henry, but a third is probably more likely. The issue for Tom Donahoe is how long can he wait to make a deal. If he waits until late in the preseason or even the early regular season there is a chance that another team might have a starter go down, then Henry's value would go up. There is also a chance he never does get a deal done and the best Buffalo can hope for is maybe a late round compensatory pick in 2007. It will be a good test of TD's ability to play poker.

LifetimeBillsFan
05-11-2005, 02:26 AM
Welcome to the Zone. As long as Henry is acting like a spoiled kid, he's of no use to the Bills. He has been a very productive back. I personally would rate him a top 15 back when healthy, not a top 5 or 10. However, several factors mitigate against Buffalo getting any kind of top pick for him:

First, other teams know that with Henry's attitude being what it is Buffalo's back is to the wall. They just aren't going to offer top value for Henry.

Second, Henry's running style is much like that of a bigger running back. It takes a toll on his body. He's had injuries the last two years, though in 2003 he played through them. Other teams will deem him a health risk and downgrade his value accordingly.

There is a chance Buffalo could still finagle a second for Henry, but a third is probably more likely. The issue for Tom Donahoe is how long can he wait to make a deal. If he waits until late in the preseason or even the early regular season there is a chance that another team might have a starter go down, then Henry's value would go up. There is also a chance he never does get a deal done and the best Buffalo can hope for is maybe a late round compensatory pick in 2007. It will be a good test of TD's ability to play poker.
I think this is a pretty good analysis of the T.Henry situation. Let me add that, despite his inclination to hold out, if the Bills do not trade him before the preseason, at some point I think T.Henry will realize that he will only be hurting his trade value and value as a free agent next year and will report to camp--if only to be ready to go to another team in a trade. With the likelihood that a starting RB will go down to an injury at some point early on, I think that the Bills will try to get a 2nd round pick, but will settle for a 3rd rounder if they can get one for him. Even though he would be a good, proven back-up for Willis, I don't think that the Bills coaches will want to have to rely on an disgruntled player in that position or will want to keep an unhappy camper around for any longer than is necessary. I think most Bills fans can understand that and, consequently, would prefer to see the team get something useful for him.

As for concerns about Willis' health: I think we all know his medical history and naturally that is a cause for some concern. But, I think we also realize that on any given Sunday any starting RB in the NFL can go down for a long period of time or for the season--that's just the nature of the game and the position. So, while there is some concern, I don't feel or think that most other Bills fans have that much more concern about Willis' health than we would or should have about any other starting RB or that the fans of any other team should have about their starter.

While I think that T.Henry would be and should be the ideal back-up for Willis, unfortunately his attitude and pronouncements thus far have pretty much put him in a position where it would be virtually impossible to rely on him to fill that role the way that he should and, as a result, it would probably be best for the Bills to deal him and go with someone else in that role. While none of the RBs currently on the Bills' roster--other than T.Henry--can, by himself, fill Willis' shoes should he be injured, the situation at back-up RB may not be as bad as some people unfamiliar with the Bills may think if T.Henry is traded.

Shaud Williams was very effective playing between the 20 yard lines when he was called on to spell Willis and did well in the one game that he replaced him. He is very fast, elusive and a good pass receiver. The problem with S.Williams is that he is so tiny that he was not very effective in short-yardage and goal-line situations--he's just not big enough to get any kind of surge against a defender in those situations. If the Bills were to trade T.Henry and Willis were to, subsequently, get hurt, S.Williams could be effective as Willis' primary back-up, but the Bills would need to use a bigger RB in close and in short-yardage situations. They drafted Antonio Gates who was very effective playing in precisely those kinds of situations at Louisville, but he is a rookie and, right now, none of us knows how well he might be able to do that job in the NFL. That is something that I am sure the coaches will be taking a good look at between now and the season opener. If they decide that Gates can get the job done, I would not be surprised to see them go with a combination of S.Williams and L.Gates as a tandem in combination, similar to the way that A.Reid used B.Westbrook and D.Levens last season in Philly, to back-up Willis if the Bills trade T.Henry. Joe Burns, an important ST contributor who has experience at RB and is currently the back-up FB might also be an option to use in short-yardage in combination with S.Williams--although I don't feel that J.Burns has shown that he would be that capable in that role thus far in his career.

I, personally, was very much in favor of the Bills signing A.Thomas and was very disappointed when he signed with Dallas because I felt that Thomas would have been the ideal complement to S.Williams in backing up Willis. But, A.Thomas, like just about every other vet RB out there, was scared off by the fact that T.Henry is still on the team and Thomas signed with Dallas for a bit more than I would have liked to see the Bills commit to him. If the Bills are able to trade T.Henry and do not feel that L.Gates and J.Burns are going to be able to complement S.Williams, I would not be surprised to see them try to sign one of the older vet RBs who are still on the market. T.Wheatley, D.Levens and G.Hearst are all vet RBs who are still available that could fill the role that the Bills would need to have them fill and are likely to be pretty cheap to sign. While none of the remaining FA RBs--especially the older ones--are capable of adequately replacing Willis by themselves, the Bills, with S.Williams capable of doing good work in the middle of the field, wouldn't be asking them to do that: their role and the number of touches they would get would be limited. The three vet RBs that I have mentioned as still being available all have experience playing in limited roles in the NFL and should be able to fill the role that the Bills would be asking them to fill capably.

Using a tandem of RBs to back-up Willis and replace him if he were to be injured is not the ideal situation--I think every team would like to have one back-up RB who can step in for their starter without there being an appreciable drop-off in production. But, with T.Henry making it clear that he is unwilling to fill that role for the Bills, the Bills may have no choice other than to go with a tandem. S.Williams has shown that he can do the job very well in most situations, but also demonstrated that he is limited in certain other situations. If the Bills can find a RB who can do the job in those situations where S.Williams is can't, their back-up RB situation will be alright should they trade T.Henry. The question is, who will that other RB be? Personally, I liked what I saw of A.Gates in college, he was a RB that I was hoping the Bills would acquire, I mentioned him repeatedly here before the draft as a RB that I thought the Bills should consider to fill the short-yardage/goal-line RB role and I still think that he has a very good chance to be that player. If he can play much the same way that he played in college, I think that A.Gates and S.Williams will be a formidable tandem at back-up RB for the Bills whenever they are called on to play.

LtFinFan66
05-11-2005, 03:48 AM
well..money doesn't even enter into it for 2005...neither one has a large contract

You know...it takes a big man to admit the problem...coming here might help you solve it...Chambers84Phins is slowly turning to our side...won't be long before he's McGahee21BillsMy name is Dan and I am a Miami Dolphin fan!! I've had this affliction for 34 years and it gets worse every year.

For the record, If it were possible for you guys to keep both Willis and Travis, that would clearly be best for you. You don't really have another decent back-up currently on the roster do you? I know you guys were hoping to sign the A-Train to make losing Henry more bearable.

The_Philster
05-11-2005, 04:59 AM
Shaud Williams showed some flashes last year but I'm not confident that he can carry the load yet if something were to happen to Willis *knock wood*

SABURZFAN
05-11-2005, 06:51 AM
I am a Dolphin fan and new to this site.

welcome to The Zone.

I bleed aqua and orange.

i don't believe you.cut off your head and let me see. :snicker:

So are people worried on this board about trading Henry or is everyone confident about McGahee staying healthy?

you gotta 1st rounder?you can have him. :snicker:

Posters like NE39, LT, and you are good, knowledgable football fans, and we could use more of you.

we like beating up the trolls too. :up:

go f yourself

that's vintage BF1. :up:

My name is Dan and I am a Miami Dolphin fan!! I've had this affliction for 34 years and it gets worse every year.

here's to a 2-14 season in miami. :cheers: :biggrin:

Jan Reimers
05-11-2005, 07:03 AM
I continue to believe that keeping Henry this year would be a good thing. He would be a great backup for Willis and, if we feature a power running game, he will get some carries. Henry is also good insurance against an injury to Willis.

I really think Henry will report to camp, and whether or not he is unhappy is irrelevant. He is not a team leader, so no one will pay much attention to him if he whines and complains. And if we start winning, his attitude won't matter at all. If we are losing, there will be all kinds of complaining anyway, and he will simply be background noise.

The whole "clubhouse cancer" thing is overrated, particularly when the offender is not a key personality on the team. And winning cures everything.

TigerJ
05-11-2005, 07:16 AM
For backups, without Travis Henry, Buffalo currently has:

Shaud Williams - an undersized role player. He has some shiftiness and ability but lacks the size to step in and start should McGahee get injured.

Joe Burns - a Travis Henry clone with less talent and less speed. He also can spell a starter but would be a disaster should the Bills need him to start.

Dante Brown - a lightly used reserve signed from Pittsburgh, who has good measurables but is a complete unknown on the field.

Lionel Gates - rookie 7th round draft choice, who played pretty well for Louisville when he made it on to the field, something that didn't happen as often as it might since Louisville had a stable of pretty good running backs. Still he has decent measurables and versatility. He's a lot like Sammy Morris IMO.

It would be great to have a starting caliber RB as your backup. Obviously Buffalo would struggle some if McGahee got hurt and had to rely on this stable of running backs to carry the load with an inexperienced QB, but Buffalo has had weaker backups at RB in the past.

ShadowHawk7
05-11-2005, 10:00 AM
Just read that LifetimeBillsFan post.

Dicknoze69
05-11-2005, 10:08 AM
Welcome to the board man.

As for Henry, we'll wait until a starting RB gets hurt on another team, and if that doesn't happen, Henry will be a Bill this season. At some point, he has to realize he'd only be hurting himself by holding out.

Voltron
05-11-2005, 11:08 AM
go f yourself
Now that was uncalled for :sigh:

Voltron
05-11-2005, 12:54 PM
Henry worked his tail off for this club and was rewarded with a contract extension when he asked for one. Now he needs to abide by that agreement. I do think for the better of the team he needs to be traded and he deserves to be traded BUT Buffalo also deservers more than a 4th or 5th round pick for him. The organization has put lots of time and money into his development and they deserver to recoup some of that.

LifetimeBillsFan
05-12-2005, 06:43 AM
....For the record, If it were possible for you guys to keep both Willis and Travis, that would clearly be best for you....
If T.Henry comes in determined to give it his all, yes. But, what worries me is that T.Henry might be so ticked off about being forced to come back that, if he were called upon to replace Willis for any extended period, he would find a way to make a couple of critical mistakes that would cost the team while still putting up decent numbers for himself. I don't want to see him slip on a critical 4th and one or whiff on a blitzing LB in the red-zone with the game on the line....

Henry worked his tail off for this club and was rewarded with a contract extension when he asked for one. Now he needs to abide by that agreement. I do think for the better of the team he needs to be traded and he deserves to be traded BUT Buffalo also deservers more than a 4th or 5th round pick for him. The organization has put lots of time and money into his development and they deserver to recoup some of that.I totally agree. It's truly unfortunate that this was such a good and deep draft class at the RB position. When a team can't even get a 2nd rounder for top-flight franchise backs like S.Alexander or E.James--no matter how much money they want--you know that the market is absolutely glutted.

BleedinGreenNC
05-12-2005, 03:50 PM
It'd be great to keep both, but in a money-driven league it will never happen.Thats what we went through with Martin and Jordan, we all knew that we were not going to keep Jordan. Thats just the reality that we face every year now in pro-football.

pleasesavedrew
05-12-2005, 04:42 PM
i want Henry to stick around and grow up. I don't get y people like Hnry can just decide they want atrade and get the execs to do it. Henry works for Doanhoue and Wilson. Y should he get to call the shots? Npo ones happy about the bench, but hes on this team and he needs to stop bnitching and play. execs need to stop catoring to blown egos todays stars have and realize they have the control.

DynaPaul
05-12-2005, 04:45 PM
Let's ship him to the Patriots.

Voltron
05-12-2005, 10:20 PM
Yeah they need another top running back like we need another WR.

:snicker:

Marino13Phins
05-16-2005, 01:57 PM

:rofl: You wish. I will always be a dolphins fan! :up:

Marino13Phins
05-16-2005, 01:58 PM

Nasty

That would be awesome. The kelly vs marino battles will turn into brown vs mcgahee battles.

The_Philster
05-16-2005, 03:34 PM
:rofl: You wish. I will always be a dolphins fan! :up:

If you'd quit disappearing for long stretches we could turn you :mad:

Marino13Phins
05-17-2005, 08:37 AM
If you'd quit disappearing for long stretches we could turn you :mad:

:rofl: Just when you feel like you got it, I pull the old disappearing act.

The_Philster
05-17-2005, 03:12 PM
:rofl: Just when you feel like you got it, I pull the old disappearing act.

You need to come to a Bills game sometime....helmetguy and I have converted 2 Squealers fans to our side..a Fish fan would be a neat challenge

Marino13Phins
05-28-2005, 12:34 PM
You need to come to a Bills game sometime....helmetguy and I have converted 2 Squealers fans to our side..a Fish fan would be a neat challenge

:rofl: I don't think so, I'll be a dolphins fan until the day I die.

ParanoidAndroid
05-28-2005, 02:51 PM
Did everyone forget about Rashard Lee? He's a solid runner that needs work on his protections, but that's basically what Henry's rap was until he improved.
Every Cowboy fan I've talked to thinks it was a mistake to let him go. Lionel Gates could be one of the biggest sleepers in the draft. I think he's one of, if not the, best RB drafted on day two. He barely lost the starting job to Shelton in Louisville and his junior year stats were outstanding considering he shared duty with Shelton and Bush. 1100yds 5.6 average and over 300 yds receiving. Those two and Williams make for some very nice depth IMO.

To answer an earlier concern by our new fellow zoner....
McGahee's numbers should be just as good this year. Teams stacked the box against us last year because Drew had no short game. I don't think it will be much of a difference at all with Losman in there. Losman already has a better feel for the short game. Although it is not NFL tested, it can't be any worse than Drew's.

Billscusey
05-28-2005, 03:03 PM
Bad Attitude = Ditch 'im!

P.S. Welcome to the board! It's always good to get some new perspective from a different angle!

giusey1for-bills
05-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Did everyone forget about Rashard Lee? He's a solid runner that needs work on his protections, but that's basically what Henry's rap was until he improved.
Every Cowboy fan I've talked to thinks it was a mistake to let him go. Lionel Gates could be one of the biggest sleepers in the draft. I think he's one of, if not the, best RB drafted on day two. He barely lost the starting job to Shelton in Louisville and his junior year stats were outstanding considering he shared duty with Shelton and Bush. 1100yds 5.6 average and over 300 yds receiving. Those two and Williams make for some very nice depth IMO.

To answer an earlier concern by our new fellow zoner....
McGahee's numbers should be just as good this year. Teams stacked the box against us last year because Drew had no short game. I don't think it will be much of a difference at all with Losman in there. Losman already has a better feel for the short game. Although it is not NFL tested, it can't be any worse than Drew's.
let those teams stack up at the line now, cause speed kills, especially with our wrs, rbs and qb.

giusey1for-bills
05-28-2005, 04:53 PM
Stack up at the line, which leaves one wr to find wide open fields. play behind the line then it'll leave a rb to find holes for big gains.

giusey1for-bills
05-28-2005, 04:55 PM
remember speed kills.