PDA

View Full Version : 3 Biggest Question Marks

wchutalkinboutwillis
05-10-2005, 09:58 PM
Two part question:
If you had to name the Bills 3 biggest weaknesses, what would they be?
What's the resolution?

1) The Oline
Jim McNally- The guy can draw blood from a stone and he proved it last year with a statue at QB.

2) Defensive Tackle
Ron Edwards and Tim Anderson- A guy who's dying to prove himself teamed up with high motor player who doesn't quit

3) Rian Lindell
Just think, the Bills had the best Special Teams in the league with this guy. Get rid of him and bring back a vet who doesn't buckle. (is Christie still around)

AndreReed83
05-10-2005, 10:21 PM
1) O-line.
I think we just need to find out who our best players are in training camp/preseason and let them ride for the season. Then make the necessary pickups and draftees next off-season.

2) Tight End.
While I feel we have very good, serviceable and even one extremely talented player at TE, they're hurt hurt hurt. It will be a weakness for a while until any of the injured guys can come back and not have his play be hampered by his past injury.

3) Quaterback.
Now, I believe JP will do fine. And we have Holcomb and even Matthews. But it is still a question mark as to how JP will do or even how he will play knowing that Mularkey would not hesitate to put Holcomb in if the team has a chance to make the playoffs. The real resolution here is the players around JP playing at a 110% every game.

wchutalkinboutwillis
05-10-2005, 10:29 PM
1) O-line.
I think we just need to find out who our best players are in training camp/preseason and let them ride for the season. Then make the necessary pickups and draftees next off-season.

2) Tight End.
While I feel we have very good, serviceable and even one extremely talented player at TE, they're hurt hurt hurt. It will be a weakness for a while until any of the injured guys can come back and not have his play be hampered by his past injury.

3) Quaterback.
Now, I believe JP will do fine. And we have Holcomb and even Matthews. But it is still a question mark as to how JP will do or even how he will play knowing that Mularkey would not hesitate to put Holcomb in if the team has a chance to make the playoffs. The real resolution here is the players around JP playing at a 110% every game.
Yeah, I'm just assuming that either Campbell or Euhus will fully recover but it's far too early too tell. We all know how much Mularkey loves his Tight Ends and we'll need at least two average, consistent performers at the position.

OpIv37
05-10-2005, 10:47 PM
1. Oline
2. QB
3. DT

Dishonorable Mention: McGahee's health, Lindell, TE.

tampabay25690
05-10-2005, 11:04 PM
1. QB by far
2. O Line
3. TE
4. DL

Why I say QB well this team is so close to going to the playoffs and will JP be able to handle the pressure this year. I REALLY hope so....The team will go as far as JP takes them...

O Line- well we all know the Bills need help on the O line, I think Big Mike will step up and be a leader and possibly a PRO BOWLER this year, Gandy and Anderson how will they be, I THINK fine. As long as this group works together in the off season, I think McNally will have them ready to go.

TE- Well it seems like all our Te's get injured, and I loved that we drafted Everett but now we wont se him till 2006, I guess we will have to see how Campbell and Euhes are.

DL- If Anderson and Edwards can fill in for Pat Williams we will be fine and I really want to see what Kelsay can do this year......

chubluv
05-10-2005, 11:15 PM
1. LT We still dont know who is going to be the starter there.
2. TE To many injuries last year & this year already. Whos knee will be ready by the season opener
3. K Lindell Need I say more !!

Mr. Cynical
05-11-2005, 01:59 AM
1. LT
2. C
3. GM :D

Jan Reimers
05-11-2005, 06:39 AM
1) QB has to be the biggest question mark, since we're depending on a second year guy who has never started an NFL game.

2) LT would be next, with Gandy, Peters and Teague all in the mix.

3) DT would be third, since we have Edwards and Anderson trying to replace Big Pat.

ShadowHawk7
05-11-2005, 11:42 AM
Agreed.

jamze132
05-11-2005, 01:43 PM
1. Kicker - Solution: Get a new one.

2. O-Line - Solution: Actually spend some friggin' money on this part of the team. (Yeah MW makes a fortune, I know)

3. QB - Solution: Until JP proves that he can run an efficient offense in Buffalo, this position will remain a question mark. I don't think there really is a solution except for him to play every down that he is able to so he gains experience.

camelcowboy
05-11-2005, 01:52 PM
1. Kicker - Solution: Get a new one.

2. O-Line - Solution: Actually spend some friggin' money on this part of the team. (Yeah MW makes a fortune, I know)

3. QB - Solution: Until JP proves that he can run an efficient offense in Buffalo, this position will remain a question mark. I don't think there really is a solution except for him to play every down that he is able to so he gains experience.
Totally agree

ShadowHawk7
11-26-2006, 06:34 PM
BUMP.

lol, looking back at the first post, it's interesting to see that two of those weaknesses STILL remain in our top 3. The other one, about the kicker, I'm glad we didn't change.