PDA

View Full Version : Good news for us! Possibly another RB off the market

Mr. Miyagi
05-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Vikings' running back Onterrio Smith was detained at the Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport last month when a kit used to circumvent drug tests was discovered in his luggage, according to Wednesday's Star Tribune. Smith confessed to airport officials that the item is used "for making a clean urine test," according to the police report. However, the two-time violator of the league's substance abuse policy also claimed that he was taking the item to his cousin. If Smith is found guilty of a third violation, he would be suspended for the entire 2005 season.

http://www.fanball.com/fb/index.cfm

Henry's stock just went up a little more. :bf1:

THATHURMANATOR
05-11-2005, 11:51 AM
Why? The Vikings have 2 other Rbs.

Mr. Miyagi
05-11-2005, 12:27 PM
Why? The Vikings have 2 other Rbs.
You're missing the point Thurm. Smith would be another possibillity of RB available for trade if a team needs an RB. If he's gone, there goes another competition.

Dicknoze69
05-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Onterrio is a genius

Mr. Miyagi
05-11-2005, 12:57 PM
That somehow reminds me of Austin Powers with his penis pump. :rofl:

Michael82
05-11-2005, 12:57 PM
:rofl: What a ****ing moron! why would you bring that to the airport? :lmao:

Mr. Miyagi
05-11-2005, 01:04 PM
Among the items discovered in Smith's luggage was a $150 device called "The Original Whizzinator." You know, as in don't be fooled by imitation Whizzinators. The kit comes with a prosthetic penis attached to a jockstrap. Other items in Smith's possession were a bottle of pills labeled "Cleansing Formula," and several vials of white powder that were later determined to be dried urine.
:lmao:

http://www.fanball.com/fb/article.cfm/ID.3893

camelcowboy
05-11-2005, 02:12 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3607846

Onterrio Smith caught with dried urine to beat drug test!!!!. Can anyone tell me what this moron scored on his Wondlic.:roflmao::busted:

Mr. Miyagi
05-11-2005, 02:19 PM
Merged. :up:

Jan Reimers
05-11-2005, 02:22 PM
Come on, the poor guy was just doing a favor for his cousin. No good deed ever goes unpunished.

camelcowboy
05-11-2005, 02:32 PM
Merged. :up:
Sorry man, Should of dug a little deeper before i posted.

Mr. Miyagi
05-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Sorry man, Should of dug a little deeper before i posted.
NP. It's my job. :miyagi:

camelcowboy
05-11-2005, 02:40 PM
Come on, the poor guy was just doing a favor for his cousin. No good deed ever goes unpunished.
Blame it on the relatives. Did this cousin force him to smoke the weed that got him suspended earlier?

Mr. Miyagi
05-11-2005, 02:44 PM
No. Ricky Williams did. :ill:

Jan Reimers
05-11-2005, 02:46 PM
Blame it on the relatives. Did this cousin force him to smoke the weed that got him suspended earlier?
No, he's just a victim of society, or parental neglect, or a deprived childhood. His problems certainly couldn't be his own fault, could they?

Michael82
05-11-2005, 02:50 PM
:lmao:

http://www.fanball.com/fb/article.cfm/ID.3893
so that's why it was in his luggage....:ill:

:limp:

Mr. Miyagi
05-11-2005, 02:53 PM
It's definitely a racial issue, just like Steve Nash winning the MVP over Shaq. :rolleyes:

THATHURMANATOR
05-11-2005, 02:54 PM
You're missing the point Thurm. Smith would be another possibillity of RB available for trade if a team needs an RB. If he's gone, there goes another competition.

I guess. It helps very little.

camelcowboy
05-11-2005, 02:54 PM
No, he's just a victim of society, or parental neglect, or a deprived childhood. His problems certainly couldn't be his own fault, could they?
Well, there something wrong with his wiring.

Someone goes through that much effort to smuggle in artificial manhood to take a piss test. Wouldn't just not smoking be easier? Or am i that out of touch?

THATHURMANATOR
05-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Well, there something wrong with his wiring.

Someone goes through that much effort to smuggle in artificial manhood to take a piss test. Wouldn't just not smoking be easier? Or am i that out of touch?
Stop smoking??? You are way out of touch.

camelcowboy
05-11-2005, 03:01 PM
Stop smoking??? You are way out of touch.

Lots of Money or Weed

:usflag: Truely a American Problem

Captain gameboy
05-11-2005, 03:11 PM
Anybody else wonder why he was "detained" for this?

Is this illegal?

I don't think it's anybody's business at an airport if he has anything other than what is prohibited from being taken on an airplane.

THATHURMANATOR
05-11-2005, 03:14 PM
I agree Gameboy.

camelcowboy
05-11-2005, 03:15 PM
Anybody else wonder why he was "detained" for this?

Is this illegal?

I don't think it's anybody's business at an airport if he has anything other than what is prohibited from being taken on an airplane.Well at first the viles of white powder probally would be suspicious at a airport. 9-11, biological warfare, stuff like that.

They probally had to run test to see what it was for sure.

Captain gameboy
05-11-2005, 03:21 PM
Well at first the viles of white powder probally would be suspicious at a airport. 9-11 biological warfare stuff.

They probally had to run test to see what it was for sure.

When it was found to be a benign material that should have been the end of it.

I don't get it.

TSA people are not part of the NFL's drug enforcement team.

:down:

camelcowboy
05-11-2005, 03:23 PM

I don't get it.

Who knows but the NFL is going to tear him a new one.

Mr. Miyagi
05-11-2005, 03:35 PM

I don't get it.

He was probably detained while they investigated, and then let go when they finally found out it's nothing. That's why he's not charged with a crime. Somehow the media found this out (maybe TSA leak), and that's why he's in trouble with the NFL.

Captain gameboy
05-11-2005, 04:23 PM
I think is a fairly serious breach of the TSA mandate.

They have absolutely no business doing anything other than preventing harmful objects or people from getting through security.

What anyone has in their bags other than that is none of their business, and abslotuely not for public disclosure.

Mr. Miyagi
05-11-2005, 09:59 PM
I think is a fairly serious breach of the TSA mandate.

They have absolutely no business doing anything other than preventing harmful objects or people from getting through security.

What anyone has in their bags other than that is none of their business, and abslotuely not for public disclosure.
:rofl:

Welcome to the Patriot Act. They can do pretty much whatever the :curse: they want.:up:

Charlieguide
05-11-2005, 10:31 PM
Gameboy: I understand your concern, but that doesn't clear Smith's name. The guy has problems if he can't get weed out of his life. It's sad, really.

ParanoidAndroid
05-11-2005, 11:30 PM

Welcome to the Patriot Act. They can do pretty much whatever the :curse: they want.:up:

Ding Ding Ding! :bullseye:

Jan Reimers
05-12-2005, 06:03 AM

I'd rather live with the Patriot Act than another 9/11. Those of us with nothing to hide have nothing to fear. Unfortunately, scum bags like Onterrio Smith, with their drugs and their anti-drug detection paraphenalia, sometimes get caught in the system. Too damn bad.

Captain gameboy
05-12-2005, 07:27 AM

There is no provision of the Patriot Act that creates a crime where none exists. Obviously, there was no crime or he would have been charged.
The release of the information regarding non criminal items found in a bag has absolutely nothing to do with theThe Patriot Act.

I am no fan of TSA and I intend to get the answer to this from their individual in charge in either DC or Miami this week.

The Spaz
05-12-2005, 07:33 AM
Anything suspicious TSA can call a LEO (Police Officer) it is then up to the police to do anything.

Jan Reimers
05-12-2005, 07:36 AM
While I'm a staunch conservative and a firm supporter of individual rights, anyone stupid enough to go through airport security with a Whizzanator and a bag of dried urine ought to be eliminated from the gene pool.

Brad528
05-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Thats about as smart as Stoudemire for the Portland TrailBlazers taping weed to his leg wrapped in foil and going to the airport. Like he didnt know Foil would set off the metal detectors

BuffaloRanger
05-12-2005, 06:25 PM
Anytime the TSA finds white powder in someone's luggage they are checking they are going to ask what it is. Cocaine is still illegal. Was the report leaked - or was it available to the public like all those stars mug shots? I don't know.

Here's the big question.

"League rules dictate that an attempt to substitute a urine sample during a test qualifies as a violation of the policy, but officials have yet to decide whether simply possessing a masking device is actually a violation of the drug policy. "

I think if they give him a drug test tomorrow, standing there buck naked (no Whizzinator - a prosthetic penis attached to a jockstrap.) and he passes he shouldn't be suspended. All of his following drug tests should be given naked - with the assigned "meat gazer" making sure he isn't packing a fake ****.

But on the other hand - he's been suspended twice already. This might prove that he will continue to attempt to cheat in another way, if not slammed now.

Captain gameboy
05-12-2005, 09:26 PM
Anytime the TSA finds white powder in someone's luggage they are checking they are going to ask what it is. Cocaine is still illegal. Was the report leaked - or was it available to the public like all those stars mug shots? I don't know.

My point was that there is no report. The stuff was not cocaine, or any other illegal substance, and that should be the end of it.
They are not empowered to get into anything remotely connected to NFL drug enforcement.
Nor are they authorized to report benign substances found in anybody's bags.
White powder, vibrators, alcohol, anything.
Unless it is found to be a threat to aviation safety, or something clearly illegal found under routine legal search criteria, it is none of their business.
Period.

Mr.Right
05-12-2005, 09:51 PM
So is former Buffalo Bills RB Thurman Thomas Onterrio Smith's cousin or not? http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/confused2.gif%2037x15%20pixels.gif (javascript:emoticon(':confused'))

camelcowboy
05-13-2005, 12:25 AM
So is former Buffalo Bills RB Thurman Thomas Onterrio Smith's cousin or not? http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/confused2.gif%2037x15%20pixels.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:emoticon(':confused'))
Wasn't Thurman more of Booze guy. Besides Onterrio Smith is a marginal player. Thurman could do what ever he wanted, because he always showed up on sundays, and he wasn't stupid about his addictions like this moron.

The_Philster
05-13-2005, 05:06 AM
Wasn't Thurman more of Booze guy. Besides Onterrio Smith is a marginal player. Thurman could do what ever he wanted, because he always showed up on sundays, and he wasn't stupid about his addictions like this moron.

correct...Thurman's vice was alcohol...but don't confuse Mr. Nitwit with the facts...he hasn't made an accurate statement since he started annoying us with his presence

The Spaz
05-13-2005, 05:30 AM
My point was that there is no report. The stuff was not cocaine, or any other illegal substance, and that should be the end of it.
They are not empowered to get into anything remotely connected to NFL drug enforcement.
Nor are they authorized to report benign substances found in anybody's bags.
White powder, vibrators, alcohol, anything.
Unless it is found to be a threat to aviation safety, or something clearly illegal found under routine legal search criteria, it is none of their business.
Period.

The bag probably alarmed and could not get it resolved so they are then authoritized to call the police. Also if there was white powder all over the bag I'm sure TSA asked Onterrio Smith what it was so that it would not hurt him in any way and I'm guesssing Mr. Smith didn't want to say what it was.

Mr.Right
05-13-2005, 07:11 AM
correct...Thurman's vice was alcohol...but don't confuse Mr. Nitwit with the facts...he hasn't made an accurate statement since he started annoying us with his presence
Your "hero" was arrested for 'possession' last year! :shocked:
Maybe he should look into investing in one of those "Original Whizzinators" and a big bottle of "cleansing formula".:funny:

Michael82
05-13-2005, 07:49 AM

:gag:

camelcowboy
05-13-2005, 09:47 AM
Maybe he should look into investing in one of those "Original Whizzinators" and a big bottle of "cleansing formula".:funny:
He's retired, why would he care about a whizzinator. He was never caught while on the bills. Comparing Smith, to Thurman is a joke. Just like all your activity in gay bars in sanfran.

One question are you the butch, or the catcher?

BuffaloRanger
05-13-2005, 11:14 AM
According to the NFL the whizzinator would not have worked. Maybe it was for his cousin afterall?

"The NFL program requires that players be visually observed from the front giving the sample with their shirts off and pants down to their knees, making the effectiveness of such an effort remote."

From PFT:

Unless Smith's story that he was taking the device to his cousin is true (and as one league source said Smith's explanation would have been more plausible if he would have claimed that the thing was a sex toy), then Smith must have had reason to believe that using the thing is effective -- which in turn calls into question whether the guys responsible for collecting human waste products on a regular basis are properly positioning themselves to confirm that no foreign objects are being used to supply the sample.

The league will probably move gingerly on this one, since suspending Smith would be an implicit admission that the testing protocol is flawed. Look instead for the league to apply some subtle pressure to the Vikings to get rid of Smith, and for other teams to be pressured not to give him a safe harbor.

BuffaloRanger
05-13-2005, 11:23 AM
FYI:

Kevin Seifert of The Minneapolis Star Tribune, who broke the story regarding Smith wasn't the beneficiary of an off-the-record tip. Instead, the information was publicly available.

"Although there were no charges, the airport police wrote up an incident report. This report is public record, just like any other police report. A copy of any such report is available, unless it has been sealed for some reason. It wasn't sealed."

Seifert thought that a bigger question is why the police wrote up an incident report if nothing illegal happened. He didn't have an answer for that.

ParanoidAndroid
05-13-2005, 11:55 AM
"Although there were no charges, the airport police wrote up an incident report. This report is public record, just like any other police report. A copy of any such report is available, unless it has been sealed for some reason. It wasn't sealed."

Ding ding ding! :bullseye:

Patriot Act = search without probable cause. Fine with me when it comes to places like airports and government buildings.

Police report = media free for all.

Mr. Right is now on my ignore list. He has not once lent anything to any discussion. All those who wish to do the same, say "Aye."

casdhf
05-13-2005, 12:06 PM
I still don't understand, why is a 49ers guy talking smack?

Captain gameboy
05-13-2005, 12:25 PM
Ding ding ding! :bullseye:

Patriot Act = search without probable cause. Fine with me when it comes to places like airports and government buildings.

Once again, the Patriot Act has nothing to do with allowing these types of security searches.

Such searches were an option at airports before the Patriot Act.

The Patriot Act has nothing to do with this situation whatsoever.

Jan Reimers
05-13-2005, 12:48 PM
Once again, the Patriot Act has nothing to do with allowing these types of security searches.

Such searches were an option at airports before the Patriot Act.

The Patriot Act has nothing to do with this situation whatsoever.
You are absolutely right. The issue here is personal responsibility. People want to blame the Patriot Act, the TSA, the police, and/or the media, but the culprit is Onterrio Smith.

Once he decided to enter a high security area with a Whizzinator and a bag of dried urine, he became totally responsible for any consequences stemming from his mindless behavior.

AndreReed83
05-13-2005, 01:02 PM

I believe he was never charged with anything. Wasn't he at some charity event, and the day he showed up to his hotel, some worker found a "roach" in his room in a pretty obscure place. Thurman said it wasn't his but the police brought him in anyway.

Philagape
05-13-2005, 01:04 PM

That's what children do.

The_Philster
05-13-2005, 03:28 PM

Because he hasn't been banned...yet

wchutalkinboutwillis
05-13-2005, 05:27 PM
The only thing more confusing than a Dolphin fan in our forum, is a San Fran dork trolling about. The boy needs attention and he keeps coming back because he is getting the attention that he lacked as a child.
At least Thurman realized that his career as a football player was over. He developed a little problem in an effort to ease the pain. He's fine now.
You're sig suggests that it's 1988. We may as well have sigs that brag about the 1964 and 1965 AFL Champion-Buffalo Billls.
I bet you're hanging out in a San Fran bar named "The Pickle Smoocher" with Ronnie Lott and Steve Young. You have a mullet, you're wearing Nike Air Jordans and you're doing the Electric Glide to Wham. You know I nailed it.