PDA

View Full Version : We need to keep this OL together. We should get extensions on Jennings and Sullivan

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-15-2002, 09:35 PM
These guys are maulers and will emerge as the best unit in the NFL within a couple more years of playing together. I think they are close to a Top 5 line right now.

Jennings and Sullivan were steals. They were only signed for 3 years though. I think we should sign these guys to extensions after this season. We'll get a decent deal for them right now. If we wait till after next season it will cost us a bundle and we'll never keep both of them.

The only one that scares me the most is Jennings. He seems to get hurt quite a bit. If we got him signed now and he got over his injury problems we could have a great deal on him. If Donahoe feels he is too much of an injury liability then Price could do a good job as his replacement.

Tatonka
12-15-2002, 09:56 PM
we need to switch mike williams to LT and jennings to RT..

we are already paying williams LT money..

SoCalBillsFan
12-15-2002, 10:00 PM
just a reminder, bledsoe has been sacked more times than any other QB besides car.

That being said, I still like our O line too. Maybe im wondering if I should. They are young. They run block quite well.

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-15-2002, 10:19 PM
A lot of the sacks are coverage sacks. Drew doesn't exactly get rid of the ball quickly. Throw that in with the deep passsing game we had early and that leads to more sacks.

Bledsoe has had more than enough time to pass. They can only get better. And damn do they open some holes for Henry.

BambinoSux
12-15-2002, 10:49 PM
Also, the line was young and weren't a cohesive unit at the beginning of the year and we got blitzed a lot and I'm pretty sure the sack numbers have declined since the beginning of the year.

doug45
12-16-2002, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
we need to switch mike williams to LT and jennings to RT..

we are already paying williams LT money..

Jennings needs to go. He is out with injuries every season.

JayWood
12-16-2002, 08:04 AM
I agree, this line is only going to get better over time. The rush blocking is some of the best I have seen with this team in a long time, however pass blocking needs to improve. Give it time, these guys are only going to get better, as long as they stay healthy.

Drewpac
12-17-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by doug45

Jennings needs to go. He is out with injuries every season.

You make it sound like he's been injury prone for 5 years or something. This is just his second season. You must be joking when you say that he needs to go. The guy is becoming one of the best LT's in the AFC in only his second season.

TigerJ
12-17-2002, 07:14 PM
I agree that we need to keep the line together. I'll add the opinion that Marcus Price is an essential part of it. Buffalo could stand to upgrade depth at guard and center though. Conaty has limited ability and is now an older player.