PDA

View Full Version : Owens Holdout=Henry Trade

juice
05-11-2005, 01:05 PM
Eagles front office has announced that they wont redo Owen's contract - entering into a game of chicken with the one player that they cant afford to lose if they want to repeat as NFC Champs.

This conflict between Philly and TO could be a blessing in disguise for the Bills Henry saga - since the Eagles have already cut loudmouth Freddie Mitchel they will be lacking the personnel to compete on offense if Owens holds out. With a suspect run game that cost them the win in the SuperBowl, they will need to add something to their offense to keep teams from keying on McNabb as the only major threat to put up points.

Henry could add what was needed in Philly's SB run last year, a real running threat. Henry for a conditional 3rd would be a bargain if the two sides cant resolve their issues, and with the super agent Rosenhaus representing TO I can see this issue lingering on into the start of training camp. TO is the type of guy that would hold out until Nov. if he's not satisfied with his pay.

www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/births/2005/may/11/518741093.html

camelcowboy
05-11-2005, 01:17 PM
I would love to see it happen. I agree T.O. strikes me as a guy that would get into a pissing match, and not care if players or not.

Mr. Miyagi
05-11-2005, 01:18 PM
Wrong link, juice.

OpIv37
05-11-2005, 01:20 PM
what would we get for him?

jamze132
05-11-2005, 01:31 PM
what would we get for him?
Eagles will probably lowball is with a 4th rounder. I wouldn't do it either.

wchutalkinboutwillis
05-11-2005, 01:37 PM
T.O. is a complete and total moron who embodies everthing that's wrong with professional sports. Now we really know why he decided to play in the Superbowl. To give him leverage in this pitiful negotiation.

The real world:

"Hey boss, I know I signed a 7 year contract with the company. But I've only called in sick an average of like once every 4 days. And when I play, I play really, really good and everybody loves me. I know I'm a loud mouth and I blame everyone else when I don't do my job but that's because I'm great. Anyway, I don't like the contract that I signed anymore so I'm not gonna come back to work until you give me more money."

"Great. You're fired. Pack your things up and get outta here."

juice
05-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Wrong link, juice.It's just a topic related link, not the title of the article MM. Since the Eagles were one of the the teams that showed real interest in Henry, I dont think they can enter into this season with McNabb being their only offensive option. Travis would be a nice compliment to Westbrook and add legitimacy to their run game.

THATHURMANATOR
05-11-2005, 02:16 PM
Just keep Henry and let him go next year via free agency. I would rather have him as a backup this year than for a crappy 4th round pick.

Mr. Miyagi
05-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Philadelphia Daily News reports: 'If you get Henry in here now and get him acclimated, what is the downside? None. If the T.O. thing plays out until August sometime, you (and you quarterback) can sleep at night knowing you have strategic options. If the T.O. thing plays out until mid-November - when Owens would have to report in order to get credit for a year of NFL service - you can win games in the meantime by dusting off the old playbooks.

https://registration.philly.com/reg/login.do?url=http://www.philly.com%2Fmld%2Fphilly%2F11607493.htm

Need to register to read it though. :(

dannyek71
05-11-2005, 03:02 PM
Just keep Henry and let him go next year via free agency. I would rather have him as a backup this year than for a crappy 4th round pick.
He said he wont play. Even if he does, do you really want someone carrying the ball for us that doesnt want to really be there?

juice
05-11-2005, 03:08 PM
Just keep Henry and let him go next year via free agency. I would rather have him as a backup this year than for a crappy 4th round pick.By the time training camp starts the Philly Brass will be so fed up with Rosie and TO that I think a conditional 3rd might be the going price for Henry. With a few injuries, Henry should be worth a second escalated with a 1000 yd season. Henry would be a lock for 1000 with Philly, they have soft defenses in the NFC.

The Philly Brass screwd' themselves by getting into a spittin' match with TO controlling their lockerroom and Rosenhaus controlling the League.. Rosie has the juice and will hold TO out until Nov. just to get the press and the rep as the Mega-Agent.

TO is gonna have a field day in the media calling McNabb a choke artist and he'll have the tape of McNabb throwing up in the SB to back him up.

Bill Brasky
05-11-2005, 04:06 PM
"Hey boss, I know I signed a 7 year contract with the company. But I've only called in sick an average of like once every 4 days. And when I play, I play really, really good and everybody loves me. I know I'm a loud mouth and I blame everyone else when I don't do my job but that's because I'm great. Anyway, I don't like the contract that I signed anymore so I'm not gonna come back to work until you give me more money."

"Great. You're fired. Pack your things up and get outta here."

Wow, that sounds exactly like something I would say. Next time spice it up w/ a couple F bombs though.

Dozerdog
05-11-2005, 04:09 PM
You guys really blow out of proiportion this Owens thing.

Owens makes a lot of noise- but it's just that- noise. The Eagles won't renegotiate- and they won't trade him.

And Owens might miss a few days of Training Camp- but he will show up- and he will play out this season- and the next- and the next.

The only way he gets a major re-write of his deal is if the Eagles find themselves in a cap pickle- and they are far from that.

Dozerdog
05-11-2005, 04:11 PM
This conflict between Philly and TO could be a blessing in disguise for the Bills Henry saga - since the Eagles have already cut loudmouth Freddie Mitchel they will be lacking the personnel to compete on offense if Owens holds out.
My god- you make Mitchell sound like he actually contributed to the Philly offense. This is a guy who can't beat out Todd Pinkston or former Eagle James Thrash for a starting job.

juice
05-11-2005, 04:39 PM
You guys really blow out of proiportion this Owens thing.Owens makes a lot of noise- but it's just that- noise. The Eagles won't renegotiate- and they won't trade him. And Owens might miss a few days of Training Camp- but he will show up- and he will play out this season- and the next- and the next. The only way he gets a major re-write of his deal is if the Eagles find themselves in a cap pickle- and they are far from that.TO could've made "Noise" with his former agent, With Drew Rosenhaus Philly has a problem, a PR and Media nightmare.

[/QUOTE]
My god- you make Mitchell sound like he actually contributed to the Philly offense. This is a guy who can't beat out Todd Pinkston or former Eagle James Thrash for a starting job.He did contribute for about 320 rec/yds last season thats about twice as productive as Josh Reed the Bills #3 reciever. Anytime you lose a productive player, whether it is a starter or not, it hurts your team depth wise.. especially when your starter is Pinkston.:up:

Mr. Cynical
05-11-2005, 05:40 PM
TO could've made "Noise" with his former agent, With Drew Rosenhaus Philly has a problem, a PR and Media nightmare. :faint: I agree with you. :;

This is not a trivial matter IMO. Yeah, TO can play, but at some point even his teammates are going to say WTF and get sick of it. It won't be good for the team's psyche...it won't be good for the front office....it will only be good for media fodder and TO's Texas-sized ego. I have officially put him #1 far and above any player in NFL history....nay, major sports....as the cockiest, most selfish s***head of All Time.

I can't wait for the day he is out of the league. :party:

EDS
05-11-2005, 05:58 PM
:faint: I agree with you. :;

This is not a trivial matter IMO. Yeah, TO can play, but at some point even his teammates are going to say WTF and get sick of it. It won't be good for the team's psyche...it won't be good for the front office....it will only be good for media fodder and TO's Texas-sized ego. I have officially put him #1 far and above any player in NFL history....nay, major sports....as the cockiest, most selfish s***head of All Time.

I can't wait for the day he is out of the league. :party:

I would love to see TKO or similar linebacker absolutely blow TO up on a crossing route.

wchutalkinboutwillis
05-11-2005, 07:54 PM
Wow, that sounds exactly like something I would say. Next time spice it up w/ a couple F bombs though.
Okay. How many F-bombs can I drop before I get scolded? Suffolk County and North Jersey meet at McFadden's to speak the same language. Chics.

kevinj22
05-11-2005, 08:10 PM
At this point Henry staying with the team really doesn't help us in the long run. I'd rather trade him and get whatever we can for him 3rd, 4th I don't care as long as we just don't let him walk. People make me laugh when they hear "3rd or 4th" a lot of top players have come out of those rounds. Terrance Magee wasn't even drafted, so let's take whatever they offer.

Novacane
05-11-2005, 08:11 PM
TO could've made "Noise" with his former agent, With Drew Rosenhaus Philly has a problem, a PR and Media nightmare.

He did contribute for about 320 rec/yds last season thats about twice as productive as Josh Reed the Bills #3 reciever. Anytime you lose a productive player, whether it is a starter or not, it hurts your team depth wise.. especially when your starter is Pinkston.:up:[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes: Freddie Mitchell and "productive Player" do not belong in the same sentence. They won't miss that loser at all.

juice
05-11-2005, 09:01 PM
:faint: I agree with you. :;

I can't wait for the day he is out of the league. :party:Media fodder and TO's texas sized-ego is about right.. I can't see this thing with TO being resolved any time before TC.

Owens will milk this feud with the Brass for all it's worth just to get top billing on SportsCenter every night from now until August.. there's nothing he likes more than being all over the news and having everyone wondering if "TO will play or not" he loves the spotlight whether it's on the field or in the Media.

Now he's teamed up with an agent who loves to be in the middle of controversy as much as him.. I think this thing goes into TC and the Eagles are forced to put together a plan "B" by giving up a 3rd rd pick for Henry.

Tatonka
05-11-2005, 10:31 PM
the eagles drafted moats to fill the role that henry would fill.. and westbrook and buckhalter is there..

the eagles are fine and dont need another rb.. there is no chance in hell that it happens

LifetimeBillsFan
05-12-2005, 08:02 AM
Actually, where this has its greatest impact on the T.Henry situation is that the Eagles are going to have to take the same hard-line position with B.Westbrook that they are taking with TO.

TO could probably hold-out for awhile if the Eagles don't meet his demands to renegotiate, B.Westbrook can't. If B.Westbrook's agent continues to advise him to stay away from the OTAs and he holds out at the beginning of TC, the Eagles may be interested in exploring a trade for T.Henry at that stage. C.Buckhalter is back, but he has been injury prone and R.Moats is a rookie. I doubt that the Eagles will want to begin their pursuit of a SB with those two as their RBs. If Westbrook comes to his senses and reports, the Eagles could probably get by with Westbrook getting the bulk of the touches and Buckhalter getting the ball in short-yardage and goal-line situations, the way D.Levens did last season, but, if Westbrook joins TO in holding out, the Eagles may be forced to make a move to bolster one of the two positions RB or WR and that's where T.Henry could come into play.

Still, at this point, I think it's a long-shot that T.Henry ends up in Philly.

dannyek71
05-12-2005, 08:57 AM
At this point Henry staying with the team really doesn't help us in the long run. I'd rather trade him and get whatever we can for him 3rd, 4th I don't care as long as we just don't let him walk. People make me laugh when they hear "3rd or 4th" a lot of top players have come out of those rounds. Terrance Magee wasn't even drafted, so let's take whatever they offer.
Terrence was drafted 4th round in 2003

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=81560

Tatonka
05-12-2005, 09:02 AM
westbrook has said that he will report and not hold out.. he is signing his one year tender while trying to work out a long term deal.

juice
05-12-2005, 11:24 AM
the eagles drafted moats to fill the role that henry would fill.. and westbrook and buckhalter is there..

the eagles are fine and dont need another rb.. there is no chance in hell that it happensSo you think the Eagles are banking on #77 overall pick 5'8 210 lb rookie Moats to gonna handle the workload and get them back to the SB? Buckhalter stays hurt so you cant depend on him to be your workhorse.. Soo the defending NFCHamp is going into camp with out a Run Game and possibly without TO. I dont think so, they'd have a bulls-eye on their back every Sunday and every team in the League will have the Belichik BluePrint on how to contain McNabb.