• Show
Clear All
  • Italian Stallion
    Knows More Than You
    • Feb 2004

Bills contact Doug Brien's agent

Bills | Spoke to Brien's Agent - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 12 May 2005 05:36:16 -0700

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports free agent PK Doug Brien (Jets) said his agent has spoken to the Buffalo Bills this offseason about signing Brien.

BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
      • Sep 2004

Hey i'd take him over Lindell anyday, anything is better!

Comment

• camelcowboy
        • Mar 2005

I thought we needed to upgrade the kicking postion. This has to be a joke. Bring steve christie back before we use Dougy the choker.

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

Jeesh, he did pretty good all season. Let's hope he learned something from those pressure games, like how not to miss when he's under it.
          (that is, IF we get him)
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Originally posted by LindellSucks
            Hey i'd take him over Lindell anyday, anything is better!
            Did you watch the last Jets' playoff game?
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              Did you watch the last Jets' playoff game?
              Well we could have been in the playoffs if it weren't for a few of Lindell's kicks.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

I think Doug Brien has slightly better distance than Lindell but he's just as bad or worse in clutch situations. Again, I'm glad they're doing something about the K position, but Doug Brien is at best a lateral move- IMO, he doesn't add any talent or confidence to the kicking game. I never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather have Lindell. At least he's used to working with our holder and kickoff coverage teams.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
                  Without me it's just Awe so
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  I think Doug Brien has slightly better distance than Lindell but he's just as bad or worse in clutch situations. Again, I'm glad they're doing something about the K position, but Doug Brien is at best a lateral move- IMO, he doesn't add any talent or confidence to the kicking game. I never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather have Lindell. At least he's used to working with our holder and kickoff coverage teams.

Good Point.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                  He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                  mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                    • Jul 2002

Doug Brien sucks! He couldn't even make it with the Vikings, and they are a dome team!
                    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz
                      Well we could have been in the playoffs if it weren't for a few of Lindell's kicks.
                      Or Nate's bonehead play in game 1, or that botched play against NE, or that holding penalty...

And I guess that miss against the Steelers caused the defense to give up a 50 yard run to a practice squad RB.

Look, I'm not a big Lindell fan, either, but I think he was one of the least of our problems last year.

That being said, let's bring Brien in and let him and Lindell and all the other guys compete for the job.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

the people that want brien over lindell are just being driven by pure hatred.. because any logical person would not want to see a guy that clearly not good in the clutch as our new kicker.
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BillsFan-N-AZ
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          My thoughts exactly!!!!!

Comment

• don137
                            • Jul 2002

That's like replacing Jay Fielder with AJ Feeley (without being stupid enough to give up a 2nd round pick)....

Comment

• Bulldog
                              Top Dog
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                              the people that want brien over lindell are just being driven by pure hatred.. because any logical person would not want to see a guy that clearly not good in the clutch as our new kicker.
                              I'm not saying that Brien is the answer. But to have a kicker on the roster who makes most people nervous on anything 35 yds and out isn't a good situation. With the competitive balance in the NFL, having a reliable kicker could be enough to seperate you from the rest of the pack. I don't know about you, but the thought of Lindell lining up for a field goal with the balance of the game relying on his leg, makes me physically ill. I don't know what the answer is, but clearly someone needs to be brought in to give Lindell the push he so desperately needs.
                              I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

Working...
                              X