PDA

View Full Version : Hating trees at the moment

Throne Logic
05-12-2005, 09:14 AM
Just moved to CT and found out this morning that there are trees blocking my DirecTV signal. Not my trees, so I can't hack them down. No NFL Ticket anymore. . . hrumph. :mad:

Where do folks in the Harford area gather these days to watch games?

- TL

Gunzlingr
05-12-2005, 09:18 AM
You need to plant happy trees.

Tatonka
05-12-2005, 09:24 AM
throne.. during the winter, the leaves fall off the trees and you can normally get a signal.. i wouldnt give up hope yet..

i know for a fact that i could not live without the nfl ticket in my house.. seriously.. that would cause some major depression.

lordofgun
05-12-2005, 09:35 AM
Just moved to CT and found out this morning that there are trees blocking my DirecTV signal. Not my trees, so I can't hack them down. No NFL Ticket anymore. . . hrumph. :mad:

- TL
Get a really tall pole mount.

camelcowboy
05-12-2005, 09:41 AM

- TL
NO sunday ticket....................man you have to move, again.

I propose we start the SAVE THRONE LOGIC"S DIRECT TV FONDATION.

Just another example of man vs Nature. This time nature has gone to far!

:shakeno:

OpIv37
05-12-2005, 09:45 AM

- TL

throne.. during the winter, the leaves fall off the trees and you can normally get a signal.. i wouldnt give up hope yet..

i know for a fact that i could not live without the nfl ticket in my house.. seriously.. that would cause some major depression.

When we moved, I wouldn't even look at places that couldn't get satellite. I got sick of spending the money in bars, plus it's great to be able to get all other games as well (although I never really change the channel when the Bills are on).

NJFINSFAN1
05-12-2005, 12:39 PM
Get a really tall pole mount.
We have some people in are neighborhood with poles that help them get a signal, but what some people do is run a wire out to the tree, and hook the dish up on Sundays for the games.

Where there is a will, there is a way!

don137
05-12-2005, 12:48 PM
Poison the tree and when the owner approaches you confused why his tree died tell him you did see a guy wearing a dolphins jersey dog urinating on it a lot...

Tatonka
05-12-2005, 01:24 PM
We have some people in are neighborhood with poles that help them get a signal, but what some people do is run a wire out to the tree, and hook the dish up on Sundays for the games.

Where there is a will, there is a way!

that is what i do.. because the line has to run across my driveway.. i am not having someone dig under my driveway at great cost.. so i just hook it up on sunday and unhook it at the end of the day.. the dish just stays up in the tree.

Ed
05-12-2005, 01:57 PM

- TL

I was living in CT for this past season and the 2002 season, and the two places I went to were called Coach's and Rookies. Coach's is in downtown Hartford by the bus station and Rookies is in Cromwell, which is about 10-15 minutes from Hartford heading south on route 9.

I really like Coach's personally. It's not really big, but it's got good food, beer specials and the atmosphere is great. You get a mix of fans from all teams and everyone is always friendly and nice. I would always try to get there by 12:30 so that I could get my choice of seats, otherwise it can fill up pretty quick and you might be left standing. Overall, I've always loved watching games there.

Rookies is bigger and they have more tv's and more big screen tv's, so it's always pretty easy to see the games. I like going there because if they don't have the Bills games on audio, I'll go over to the tvs by the pool tables and turn up the volume for the Bills game because no one else really watches the games in that area.

I like watching the game at either place, so I would check those out. I also know that there's a Billsbackers bar somewhere in CT. One of the waitresses at Coach's who is a Bills fan told me about it, but I forgot the name. I think she said it was kind of a hole in the wall type of place, but it's all Bills fans which makes it a lot of fun.

At least a few of the games should be televised locally too. Both of the Pats games, and the Jets games if the Pats aren't playing at the same time. Sometimes a couple others too, if neither the Pats or Jets are playing at the same time.

Personally, I've always loved going to sports bars because it's cool to be able to watch and keep track of all the other games too. The atmosphere always makes it exciting too being surrounded by other fans. I don't like not being able to get audio sometimes, but that's about it.

NJFINSFAN1
05-12-2005, 03:12 PM
that is what i do.. because the line has to run across my driveway.. i am not having someone dig under my driveway at great cost.. so i just hook it up on sunday and unhook it at the end of the day.. the dish just stays up in the tree.
Yep, that's what a bunch of my friends do also! It gets the job done!

Throne Logic
05-12-2005, 07:21 PM
I'm contemplating options. I've already considered the tree idea.

I did consider the DTV signal when we bought the house. I thought I had a clear view. Turns out that the signal has to point just a tad too far to the west from where we're situated.

I could put a 10 foot tripod on the roof, but not sure if the wife will go for that. Haven't run it by her yet.

I've been to Rookies a number of times, but it's a bit of a drive from here. I hate parking in Hartford, so I'm not up for Coach's. Folks used to gather up near the airport, but I'm not sure if they still do.

I WILL come up with some sort of plan.

jpdex12
05-12-2005, 09:21 PM
I'm contemplating options. I've already considered the tree idea.

I did consider the DTV signal when we bought the house. I thought I had a clear view. Turns out that the signal has to point just a tad too far to the west from where we're situated.

I could put a 10 foot tripod on the roof, but not sure if the wife will go for that. Haven't run it by her yet.

I've been to Rookies a number of times, but it's a bit of a drive from here. I hate parking in Hartford, so I'm not up for Coach's. Folks used to gather up near the airport, but I'm not sure if they still do.

I WILL come up with some sort of plan.]

Rule number one, wife does not get the final say. Enough with the nineties women Bull****! Tell her if she doesn't like the God Dam* E.T. antenna on the roof to pack up and leave!

lordofgun
05-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Figure it out, TL. Mandom is counting on you. Don't make us look bad.