PDA

View Full Version : There was more then meets the eye in the Flutie appearance

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-15-2002, 10:39 PM
Marty didn't just do it out of the blue cause he felt he could win the game. I smell John Butler in this situation. This was a pre-planned move to bring the magic back in a Buffalo appearance. I think they left his wand back in San Diego.

This is no coincidence and I don't buy they were looking for a chance of pace.

Dr Phil
12-15-2002, 10:41 PM
It was the cigarette smoking guy from the x-files

The_Philster
12-15-2002, 10:44 PM
I was just worried when he went for that Hail Mary at the end :scared:

Ð
12-15-2002, 10:44 PM
Hey, it was like a hockey game when they pull the goalie to try to tie it up...

Valerie
12-15-2002, 10:53 PM
I don't care what the reasons were behind Doug's playing time, I was just THRILLED to see him take the field!!!!! Even though he wasn't able to do much, it was great to see him out there, scrambling around and trying to make something happen. It made the game for me!

The Natrix
12-15-2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
it was great to see him out there, scrambling around and trying to make something happen.

"trying" is the key word

he has always tried hard, but has always and will always suck and is the worst thing to ever happen to Buffalo

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-15-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix

"trying" is the key word

he has always tried hard, but has always and will always suck and is the worst thing to ever happen to Buffalo

AMEN

lordofgun
12-15-2002, 11:22 PM
Even though he wasn't able to do much, it was great to see him out there, scrambling around and trying to make something happen.

No it wasn't. There's a reason he's a backup.

shelby
12-16-2002, 04:41 AM
:lol:
Jaded, i'm glad for you.....but i agree, it was a ploy.
The look on Brees' face on the sidelines was priceless.....:grind:

don137
12-16-2002, 05:13 AM
If San Diego went into the wind in the 4th I don't believe Flutie would of entered the game because he doesn't have a strong enough arm.
As much as I do not care for Flutie I won't be as critical of the decision because Flutie played in many cold weather games in his career so the Chargers were hoping he could do something but Flutie is not an NFL caliber QB anymore. He is pretty much just collecting a big paycheck thanks to John Butler.

SABURZFAN
12-16-2002, 06:33 AM
yeah...well....when conway caught that pass,i was thinking,"oh *****,don't tell me that he's going to do it again." the last 2 plays of the game had me worried too.if they would have scored,i'd probably be on my way to the store getting a brand new TV.

Earthquake Enyart
12-16-2002, 08:12 AM
This gradeschool ploy could make the Chargers self destruct. Now Brees is looking over his shoulder, and Dougie will be chafing at the bit, and back biting, to get back in.

I thought Schottenheimer was smarter than this.

TedMock
12-16-2002, 08:34 AM
When he came in our entire section booed loudly, I'm sure there were cheers out there too but the booing around me was so loud that I couldn't here anything else.....It was great!!! Everybody chanting "Flutie sucks!!" I had so much fun watching him come in and do nothing. There was a 47 yard completion but that was 99% Curtis Conway making a great play on an underthrown ball. After that he didn't have anything. Good kick by Christie though, that scared me a little.

clumping platelets
12-16-2002, 08:39 AM
He failed!

:clap:

Valerie
12-16-2002, 08:45 AM
You guys are terrible!:cynic: The people in my section were cheering and I didn't hear any boos. I don't think that Drew is worried about Doug taking his place. I think the reason they put Doug in is because the game was in Buffalo and there were some people there who wanted to see him play. I don't think it was as calculated as some of you are trying to make it out to be. I'm sure Drew knew this too. Don't go making a quarterback controversy where there is none. I watched Doug and Drew on the sidelines. They were together most of the time when Drew wasn't on the field and they were always talking. I honestly believe that they have a good relationship and that Doug has taught Drew a lot.

ticatfan
12-16-2002, 08:54 AM
Any other qb and nothing would have been said,but since it was flutie the boo birds come out,and the funny thing is the only chance the bills had winning the cup in the last few years was with DF,but you pulled him going into the play offs and well the rest is history,If the texans had him this year..........

Voltron
12-16-2002, 08:55 AM
Yes but the whole league knows he will stab who ever he has to in the back to get his way. I think you underestimate his sneakiness. He is very very sneaky! :gobills:

Valerie
12-16-2002, 09:10 AM
I was inside the stadium, on the 50 yard line during practice. When Doug came out onto the field, he spent half the time there hugging his old teammates. He's not sneaky or calculating or evil the way some of you portray him to be. I also watched him talk to Shottenheimer before the game, probably telling him what to look for in Buffalo. Then, I watched him spend his time with Drew and the quarterback coach during the entire game. And, when he was put in halfway through the 4th quarter, Drew wished him luck and fully supported him.

Dozerdog
12-16-2002, 09:13 AM
Half the time?

Geesh, thre's only 2 or 3 left on the roster from 2 years ago...

Novacane
12-16-2002, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by ticatfan
Any other qb and nothing would have been said,but since it was flutie the boo birds come out,and the funny thing is the only chance the bills had winning the cup in the last few years was with DF,but you pulled him going into the play offs and well the rest is history,If the texans had him this year..........

Winning the cup? This ain't the sucky CFL bud!

If the Texans had him this year they would have what? He is a washed up QB with a rag for an arm! I suppose you think the Texans would be headed to the Super Bowl with Flutie!

Novacane
12-16-2002, 09:29 AM
I was inside the stadium, on the 50 yard line during practice. When Doug came out onto the field, he spent half the time there hugging his old teammates. He's not sneaky or calculating or evil the way some of you portray him to be. I also watched him talk to Shottenheimer before the game, probably telling him what to look for in Buffalo. Then, I watched him spend his time with Drew and the quarterback coach during the entire game. And, when he was put in halfway through the 4th quarter, Drew wished him luck and fully supported him.

:rofl: It is so true what they say..........Love is blind!

Earthquake Enyart
12-16-2002, 09:38 AM
Brees didn't look too happy on the sidelines on TV.

You watch, that move ruined the Chargers season. They will not make the playoffs, and they opened that can of worms for next year.