• Show
Clear All
  • Italian Stallion
    Knows More Than You
    • Feb 2004

phew..Brien signs with da Bears

Bears | Brien Agrees to Terms - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 12 May 2005 12:02:31 -0700

ChicagoBears.com reports the Chicago Bears have agreed to the terms of a one-year contract with free agent PK Doug Brien (Jets). "He has a successful history behind him," said Bears coach Lovie Smith. "We're trying to improve our football team and we've added another good football player to the fold, so we're happy about that."

BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Is Edinger a FA?
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
      • Aug 2004

thank god.
      http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
        Is Edinger a FA?
        No, but the Bears want to replace him. He had a good season a couple years ago, and the Vikings signed him to an offer sheet as a RFA. The Bears matched the offer to keep him, but have been disappointed in him since.

Lovie Smith has stated publicly that he is not happy with Edinger. They have brought in a couple kickers to challenge him, and now they are signing Brien. I think they will cut him now.

Look for the Vikings to look at him if he is cut. They need a K, and they signed him to an offer sheet before.

Comment

• Bulldog
          Top Dog
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by NE39
          No, but the Bears want to replace him. He had a good season a couple years ago, and the Vikings signed him to an offer sheet as a RFA. The Bears matched the offer to keep him, but have been disappointed in him since.

Lovie Smith has stated publicly that he is not happy with Edinger. They have brought in a couple kickers to challenge him, and now they are signing Brien. I think they will cut him now.

Look for the Vikings to look at him if he is cut. They need a K, and they signed him to an offer sheet before.
          Edinger is a pretty solid kicker. I wouldn't mind seeing Buffalo take a look at him. I don't think Lindell is the answer and I don't think Buffalo's front office thinks he the answer either. Edinger has kicked well at times in Chicago, so the cold and wind in Buffalo shouldn't be an issue.
          I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Lindell may suck, but he's still better than that guy who doesn't even know how to line up a kick.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Brien is about the same kind of kicker as Lindell. I don't think he really would have helped.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                • Jul 2002

I just thought that Edinger might be worth a look since he kicks in Chicago and Green Bay once a year.
                You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Edinger is getting $1.1 mil this year. And he blows. His kickoffs are worse than Lindell's.

I'd rather have Lindell than Edinger, and I'm no Lindell fan.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
                    I just thought that Edinger might be worth a look since he kicks in Chicago and Green Bay once a year.
                    I think with Brien, Edinger and some of the other names we have bandied about, it's simply a case of the grass always looking greener...
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

I'd rather have Lindell than Edinger, and I'm no Lindell fan.
                      Are there any Lindell fans (other than his mother and TD)?
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kevinj22
                        • Feb 2005

The fact that we are even looking at other options at kicker "CONFIRMS" to me that we were definitely going to draft Nugent if he was there. A lot of people thought that it would have been a mistake at #2, but we get to see him twice a year and I can only hope and pray that he doesn't come back to haunt us. "LINDELL SUCKS".

Comment

Working...
                        X