PDA

View Full Version : Some good things about the game

TigerJ
12-15-2002, 10:50 PM
1. Buffalo's first win outside of their division against an opponent with a better than .500 record.

2. A win with Drew Bledsoe not playing very well.

3. Defensive line comes alive.

4. Although the offence did not have a great day statistically, except for Henry, those long pass interference calls are just like pass completions. I know one was pretty questionable, but I guess (listening on the radio) that some were obvious too.

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-15-2002, 10:51 PM
They passed interfered their way to our first TD

WG
12-16-2002, 04:39 AM
The refs played Santa for us this week. There were at least a couple of key, key calls that I felt we got lucky on. Also, they weren't calling the same stuff going S.D.'s way.

The good things about the game also were that Gray looked in charge and like he knew what he was doing. At least one phase of our game has improved since the season began. Henry is the other.

The D stepped up huge in it's best game of the season as they actually showed up for a full 4 Qs! If Gray can demonstrate any defensive coaching prowess at all in the last two games, I say keep him.

Gilbride needs to go however. We'd be in the POs if it weren't for him forcing Drew each week. This song and dance is getting old, and fast. The focal point of this team needs to be Henry and Gilbride ain't the guy to do that. He refuses and nothing in his past indicates that will change.

He's a liability to the team!

The_Philster
12-16-2002, 06:28 AM
My expectations of what Gilbride was going to do have been hardly lived up to. He ran a pass-happy offense in Houston, a balanced attack in Jacksonville, and a run-heavy scheme in Pittsburgh. With the exception of Pittsburgh where he had a QB in desparate need of a QB coach, all his offenses were successful because he played to the strengths of the team. While it's true that Bledsoe is one of the top passers in the league over the last decade, Drew played his best with a balanced attack, like he had when the Pats had Curtis Martin. Does someone need to point that out to Gilbride? A professional should have already known that but it hardly looks like he does.

SABURZFAN
12-16-2002, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by TigerJ
1. Buffalo's first win outside of their division against an opponent with a better than .500 record.

2. A win with Drew Bledsoe not playing very well.

3. Defensive line comes alive.

4. Although the offence did not have a great day statistically, except for Henry, those long pass interference calls are just like pass completions. I know one was pretty questionable, but I guess (listening on the radio) that some were obvious too.

1.agree

2.agree

3.agree

4.it's about time that some of the calls went our way.how many questionable calls have we had on us?