PDA

View Full Version : 4 Day event leading up to intro of third jerseys...

G Wolly
05-12-2005, 03:06 PM
from Buffalo Bills.com,

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3186

Bills to Host Celebration of Champions

Buffalobills.com
05/12/2005 11:00 AM

The Buffalo Bills will recognize their heroes from the past with the Celebration of Champions Weekend presented by Dick's Sporting Goods and Reebok, a four-day event at Ralph Wilson Stadium beginning Thursday, June 2nd and lasting through Sunday, June 5th.

As part of the Celebration of Champions, the Bills will reveal the club's third jersey, which will debut during the 2005 season, in a special presentation on Saturday afternoon in Ralph Wilson Stadium.

The Bills will welcome back past legends such as 1964-65 AFL Champions, quarterback Jack Kemp and linebacker/punter Paul Maguire along with four-time AFC Champions, quarterback Jim Kelly, center Kent Hull, wide receiver Andre Reed and special teams standout Steve Tasker and others to take part in the weekend-long festivities.

The Celebration of Champions weekend will include several other exciting events such as the first-ever Buffalo Bills Carnival, a viewing of an NFL Films special presentation 'The Comeback - Bills vs. Oilers 1/3/93' the greatest comeback in NFL history, a WKBW live television special, an NFL Network television special, the Bills Select-A-Seat event and a special performance by Canadian rocker Kim Mitchell.

"This is an exciting opportunity for our team and fans to honor and celebrate the rich tradition of our franchise," said Bills President/GM Tom Donahoe. "The Celebration of Champions weekend will provide a variety of exciting and family-friendly events for the people of Western New York to enjoy."

Tickets for the 'The Comeback' viewing are $5 and all proceeds benefit the Make-a-Wish Foundation. Tickets will be required for all Saturday afternoon events and admission is free. Tickets are available at all Ticketmaster outlets, ticketmaster.com, the Ralph Wilson Stadium Ticket Office, The Bills Store at Pittsford Plaza, calling 877-BBTICKS and visiting buffalobills.com. Parking for all events is free and available in the Erie Community College lots across from the stadium.

Demon
05-12-2005, 04:25 PM
is it me or does Saturday seem a little boring????

I wanna go, buy my season tix (select a seat day 9am til noon)... so wtf will i do from when i buy the tix til intro of jerseys..... and after jerseys get introduced, wtf will i do til 9pm for the concert ?????????

And if i go at 9am to get these effing tickets, i will be pretty hammered come 9pm concert.

Michael82
05-12-2005, 05:17 PM

I wanna go, buy my season tix (select a seat day 9am til noon)... so wtf will i do from when i buy the tix til intro of jerseys..... and after jerseys get introduced, wtf will i do til 9pm for the concert ?????????

And if i go at 9am to get these effing tickets, i will be pretty hammered come 9pm concert.
There's going to be a carnival in the parking lot all weekend long. :up:

Demon
05-12-2005, 05:54 PM
There's going to be a carnival in the parking lot all weekend long. :up:

Rides will get boring after an hour.

The_Philster
05-12-2005, 06:03 PM
where does it say the Saturday concert is at 9? :huh:

Ickybaluky
05-12-2005, 06:16 PM
Bills to Host Celebration of Champions

Nice of them to honor the Patriots.

Yeah, I know. I'm going to get seriously negged for that.

I couldn't resist.

im4bflo
05-12-2005, 06:17 PM

You'll be hammered at a weekend PARTY with hundreds of BILLS fans pumped for the upcoming season, celebrating the greatest days of BILLS HISTORY!
And you'll be bored ????
I'm an out of town fan, and I'm wanting to go to that party sooooooooooo bad! You're LUCKY! Please just go and have fun for us who can't!
:gobills:

Charlieguide
05-12-2005, 06:27 PM
a viewing of an NFL Films special presentation 'The Comeback - Bills vs. Oilers 1/3/93' the greatest comeback in NFL history,

wait, wait, wait. Does this mean they'll be showing the entire game, or the one-hour NFL Films special we've all seen on tv?

The_Philster
05-12-2005, 06:33 PM
wait, wait, wait. Does this mean they'll be showing the entire game, or the one-hour NFL Films special we've all seen on tv?

a viewing of an NFL Films special presentation

im4bflo
05-13-2005, 01:58 PM

I'll never forget that game, I was at my Billsbackers bar at the time, in Anaheim CA, and am proud to say I watched every second of the game, never giving up, I didn't want the ride we were on to end, and it took a miracle game to keep our dreams alive, what a rollercoaster ride of emotions that was! What a game! GO BILLS!!!

justasportsfan
05-13-2005, 02:21 PM
Rides will get boring after an hour.Not the Jill rides....well some of them. :couch: