PDA

View Full Version : Where would you rank the Ralph?

Bill Brasky
05-12-2005, 06:57 PM
Amongst the other stadiums in the league, where would you put the Ralph?

http://www.thesportsroadtrip.com/nflfavorites.html

Tailgating: A+ (still the best out of any other place I've been)
Ticket prices: A
Concessions: B-
Fans: A+ (I don't know many other fans that would brave our weather or sit through the rough years/games we've had and still keep coming back)
Stadium Appearance: C

I guess that's expected from a 30+ year old stadium with "ok" upgrades. If we had a new stadium we'd have one of the best scenes in the league.

Typ0
05-12-2005, 07:16 PM

Fans: A+ (I don't know many other fans that would brave our weather or sit through the rough years/games we've had and still keep coming back)

I guess that's expected from a 30+ year old stadium with "ok" upgrades. If we had a new stadium we'd have one of the best scenes in the league.

Tailgating: A- (the lines to use the bathroom take about an hour putting a damper on the day for the women)
Ticket prices: A-
Concessions: F (they run out of stuff they never should...like water and hot chocolate plus the people selling in the stands do not cover the whole stadium)
Fans: A- (too many fair weather fans)
Stadium Appearance: D (just like outside...there aren't enough bathrooms. I also think the sound system is horrible...it's way too loud in the upper decks. Speakers should be more distributed throughout the stadium instead of just in one place and blasted.)

Nublar7
05-12-2005, 08:09 PM

I guess that's expected from a 30+ year old stadium with "ok" upgrades. If we had a new stadium we'd have one of the best scenes in the league.Tailgating: B+
Ticket Prices: A
Concessions: C-
Fans: B-
Stadium Appearance: D+

Nublar7
05-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Thanks to whoever negged me for my honest reply and didn't sign it. Real class.:loser:

ZacGriffi~82
05-12-2005, 08:26 PM
It's the B- grade for the fans that did it nublar.

(It wasn't me BTW, i'm just telling you)

Turf
05-12-2005, 08:30 PM
The whole rep thing on all of the boards I go to should just be called the suck ass club.

Nublar7
05-12-2005, 08:30 PM
It's the B- grade for the fans that did it nublar.

(It wasn't me BTW, i'm just telling you)The thing is, that B- is for EVERY Bills fan, and I am sure it would be the same for every team(including the Dolphins). You have your fair share of great fans, but at the same time, you have horrible fans also. Just for you know I have witnessed these horrible fans while I was in Buffalo, and I wasn't even wearing any Miami clothes because I was at a Bills/Jets game(Brother is a Bills fan). Anything higher then a B for any team and that is a case of extreme homerism. I would probably give overall Dolfans a B also.

LtBillsFan66
05-12-2005, 10:15 PM

Tailgating: A+
Ticket prices: A+
Concessions: C- (although no stadium has read cood concessions.
Fans: B
Stadium Appearance: D, but who cares?

Bill Brasky
05-12-2005, 10:59 PM
Ticket prices: A+
Concessions: C- (although no stadium has read cood concessions.
Fans: B
Stadium Appearance: D, but who cares?

no ****. I just went to yankee stadium for the first time a few weeks ago. that place has horrible concessions.

Jan Reimers
05-13-2005, 06:44 AM
Tailgating A+: Buffalo always ranks among the top 5 NFL tailgate cities.
Ticket Prices A+: Among the cheapest in the league.
Concessions C: Could be better.
Fans A+: Show up in droves, even in the worst weather. Come from everywhere. Cheer like Hell, even for a team that has missed the playoffs 5 straight years.
Stadium B: Not bad for 30 something. The recent facelift was good. Has most of the amentities of newer stadiums.

Michael82
05-13-2005, 07:35 AM
Tailgating: A+ (Still the best tailgating around IMO)
Ticket Prices: A (If they aren't the cheapest, they are pretty damn close)
Concessions: C- (They run out of a lot of stuff at bad times, there is not many choices and how come a Buffalo stadium does not sell Buffalo Wings? Oh, and I'd like to see more vendors walking around the whole stadium.)
Fans: A (I agree with Jan Reimers, they sell out a lot for being a small market team in a city with a shrinking population, and having cold, snowy, windy weather.)
Stadium: C+ (It's nice and all, but there is a lot that I would love to see fixed, especially the fact that there is only one Jumbotron and it's terrible for out of town scores. I'd also fix the sound system and put more choices in the concourse.)

Pride
05-13-2005, 07:51 AM
I have voiced this concern in the past.. after visiting raven stadium in baltimore... the ralph is BORING!

Tailgating, still great... love the location of the stadium... but once you step inside... it doesnt compare to most of the stadiums in the league nowadays.

Gillette, Ravens, etc... those stadiums have us beat by a Looooong shot!

Jan Reimers
05-13-2005, 08:29 AM
I have voiced this concern in the past.. after visiting raven stadium in baltimore... the ralph is BORING!

Tailgating, still great... love the location of the stadium... but once you step inside... it doesnt compare to most of the stadiums in the league nowadays.

I don't see the allure of Ravens' Stadium. To me, it's a cold, impersonable, purple bowl. I find the Ralph infinitely more interesting.

eyedog
05-13-2005, 08:32 AM
I've been to a lot of stadiums throughout the league and based on those:
Tailgating A+ Still one of the best
Tickets A+ We are getting a bargain comparatively
Concessions D- food sucks, lines, overall not good, but really doesn't apply much to me.
Stadium C- what do you expect for a 30+ yr old stadium. but it is functional with for the most part good sight lines. Gets the job done. I'm there for the game anyways.
Fans B good hearty fans for the most part but like everywhere has it's share of fairweather fans. I don't know if we will ever see fans like the early 90's again.

Bulldog
05-13-2005, 08:42 AM
The thing is, that B- is for EVERY Bills fan, and I am sure it would be the same for every team(including the Dolphins). You have your fair share of great fans, but at the same time, you have horrible fans also. Just for you know I have witnessed these horrible fans while I was in Buffalo, and I wasn't even wearing any Miami clothes because I was at a Bills/Jets game(Brother is a Bills fan). Anything higher then a B for any team and that is a case of extreme homerism. I would probably give overall Dolfans a B also.

I wouldn't give the Dolfans a B. Hell, Miami can't even fill the stadium for a playoff game and they have some of the nicest weather around.

TedMock
05-13-2005, 08:53 AM
I don't know if we will ever see fans like the early 90's again.

100% Agree. I've been extremely disappointed in the fans over the last few years. Yes I moved away 10 years ago, but I still make a couple of games every year, and the fans aren't nearly as fun, nor as knowledgeable as they once were. Rich Stadium used to rock the entire game. Now, every year, I hear people getting yelled at for standing up, for yelling, etc. It's a freakin football game! I also see fans cheering when a player ON THEIR TEAM gets hurt, and hear complete ignorance being spewed about who sucks, who screwed up, etc. I have no problem with other people's opinions, views, or philosophy, but please, please, please, know what the heck you're talking about first. That stuff didn't happen 10-15 years ago.

Having said all that, I still think it's the greatest place in the world. The hometown feel of the stadium, and the energy in that small market tailgate is fantastic. It's easily the most "viewer friendly" stadium I've been in. It doesn't have the bells and whistles of a lot of the other stadiums I've gone to, but there is not a bad seat in that place. One of my happiest days each year is waking up the morning of the home opener and getting ready to go to the game. Man, I love that place.

mybills
05-13-2005, 08:56 AM
Fans: A-
Stadium:: C+

Too bad you can't get a ticket to Gillette for under $100. in the nose bleed section where the players look like ants.
And I'd give their fans a D, but their tailgates an A.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-13-2005, 10:19 AM
I always wished they would build like an indoor restaurant thing at the scoreboard part of the endzone, sort of like the Sabres have. A place where people can get out of the cold if they want and have some better food available instead of a cold hot dog on a 2 year old bun.

camelcowboy
05-13-2005, 10:38 AM
Im just sick of the consession people taking the cap to my pop "soda to the outside world" It angers me ,how am i suppose to keep my pop from going flat. I know it has something to do with people throwing them, but it's stupid. So with that rant...

Tailgating A
Ticket Prices A
Fans B
concessions D-whole cap thing, bad food,to many lines
Stadium D- Needs more bathrooms, im also not a fan of peeing in a silver tublike thing.

Nublar7
05-13-2005, 11:21 AM
Im just sick of the consession people taking the cap to my pop "soda to the outside world" It angers me ,how am i suppose to keep my pop from going flat. I know it has something to do with people throwing them, but it's stupid. So with that rant...

Tailgating A
Ticket Prices A
Fans B
Stadium D- Needs more bathrooms, im also not a fan of peeing in a silver tublike thing.You better watch out. You just gave the fans a B. Now you will probably be negged like me by fans who do not even bother to sign them. The people who keep negging me are the fans that drop the level down to a B. You guys keep proving me correct.

Bulldog
05-13-2005, 11:29 AM
You better watch out. You just gave the fans a B. Now you will probably be negged like me by fans who do not even bother to sign them. The people who keep negging me are the fans that drop the level down to a B. You guys keep proving me correct.

If Bills fans are so bad, go to another board and post. :nuk:

P.S. Negged

BuffaloRanger
05-13-2005, 11:47 AM
Camel - if you plan ahead you could bring a couple caps to the games. I do it because I was sick of my wife spilling that $3 bottled water everywhere.

The difference in fans over the last few years and the early 90s is that there has been more hated players recently. Think about it. You had fans that hated RJ. Fans that hated Flutie. Fans that hated Drew. Fans that still hate Lindell. Every time one of them made a bad play, fans would scream "You suck!" whether it was warrented or not.

But, there were many fans that did this to Jimbo also. I guess we forget that. The Bills won alot games without scoring even 20 points during the glory years. It wasn't like the O was always tearing it up. I would be there at games when Jimbo threw an interception into triple coverage, and fans would be so pissed. Screaming about what a bum he was. Next series he'd throw a nice touchdown pass and they'd all love him again.

Judge Bills fans on their attendance at games for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in years. Some would say the Bills sellout games because Buffalo has nothing else going for it. I think coming so close and losing those SBs has made the fans even more die-hard and hardcore. I give the fans a solid A.

BuffaloRanger
05-13-2005, 11:48 AM
The speakers in the upperdecks playing ******ed music too loud need to be adjusted and spread out. That is true.

Jan Reimers
05-13-2005, 12:07 PM
Good call on the fans, BR. I completely agree.

AndreReed83
05-13-2005, 12:15 PM
I've only been to Arrowhead and the Cowboys place (Texas Stadium, I think?). Arrowhead is always a treat, although a lot of their fans are dickheads. The tailgating is fun their. Texas Stadium sucked, the fans were stupid, and the concessions were overpriced. I love Bills fans, they've always traveled in huge droves to the games I've been to.

At the Dallas game I went to, I almost saw a Cowboys fan get popped in the mouth by a Bills fan. The Bills were actually putting a drive together (this was in 2003) and a Bills fan's wife was cheering and some jerkoff kept telling her to shut up and finally this huge Bills fan wearing a red,white, an' blue hardhat got in his face and told him to not do it again... or else. Needless to say, he didn't.

don137
05-13-2005, 12:42 PM
I haven't been to the Ralph since 2002 so things may of changed
Tailgating A+ Doesn't get much better than tailgating at the Ralph
Ticket Prices A. Not going to find a better value in the NFL
Fans B Loyalty and noise level is an A but I have too many times fans of the opposition team get things thrown at them or belittled in a way that takes the fun out of it (not nearly as bad as NE or Philly fans though)
concessions
D- nothing special at all
Stadium- sound and video screen are bad for today's standards

THATHURMANATOR
05-13-2005, 01:04 PM
Tailgating: B+
Ticket Prices: A
Fans: B-
Stadium Appearance: D+

Tailgaiting B+
FANS B-

Not sure if you have been to Miami but I was at the Miami vs Bills game last year. Pro player stadium may have been the lamest tailgating scene in the history of the world. Everyone is set up down the line with perfect little sun tents and recliners. It was the biggest bore fest I have ever seen in my life. Many teams have great tailgating. The only other city I have been too for a game is Pittsburgh. It isn't quite the same there because it is downtown and many people were partying in bars and stuff, but still a great time.

Miami Fans
Tailgating: F-
Fans: C(there seemed to be more Bills fans there)

Typ0
05-13-2005, 02:36 PM
Tailgating: A+ (Still the best tailgating around IMO)
Concessions: C- (They run out of a lot of stuff at bad times, there is not many choices and how come a Buffalo stadium does not sell Buffalo Wings? Oh, and I'd like to see more vendors walking around the whole stadium.)
Fans: A (I agree with Jan Reimers, they sell out a lot for being a small market team in a city with a shrinking population, and having cold, snowy, windy weather.)
Stadium: C+ (It's nice and all, but there is a lot that I would love to see fixed, especially the fact that there is only one Jumbotron and it's terrible for out of town scores. I'd also fix the sound system and put more choices in the concourse.)

oh I forgot about the scores!!!!!!!!!! Are they idiots? We are football fans...keep up the scores from around the league somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nublar7
05-13-2005, 02:49 PM
If Bills fans are so bad, go to another board and post. :nuk:

P.S. NeggedThanks, you keeping proving my point. :D

Bulldog
05-13-2005, 02:59 PM
Thanks, you keeping proving my point. :D

Negged :nuk:

The_Philster
05-13-2005, 03:50 PM
A few years ago, our tailgating was an A+..since they started enforcing that stupid 4-hour rule...I'll have to knock it down to an A
Ticket Prices A+
Concessions N/A...I don't buy stuff in the stadium all that much because for one, I want to watch the game and not get up to go get food or hit the restroom during the game...ask anyone who's sat with me...I almost never leave the section once I get to my seats
Fans A we sell a lot more tickets than a lot of teams with a larger metropolitan fan base
Stadium B- The Ralph's a 2nd home to me but the Jumbotron and sound systems could use a serious upgrade, IMO

Mr. Cynical
05-13-2005, 04:16 PM
Just needs a new Jumobtron and new speakers IMO....then it would be right up there.

THATHURMANATOR
05-13-2005, 04:23 PM
The stadium itself isn't top of the line but it is fine. I have no problems with it. I don't need bells and whistles I am there to get drunk and watch the bills(in no particular order)

LtBillsFan66
05-13-2005, 05:33 PM

Tailgating A
Ticket Prices A
Fans B
Stadium D- Needs more bathrooms, im also not a fan of peeing in a silver tublike thing.
Bring a cap in your pocket.

camelcowboy
05-14-2005, 12:02 AM
Bring a cap in your pocket.Tried that once, was frisked and they through it in the dumpster. Second times the charm i guess.

camelcowboy
05-14-2005, 12:08 AM
You better watch out. You just gave the fans a B. Now you will probably be negged like me by fans who do not even bother to sign them. The people who keep negging me are the fans that drop the level down to a B. You guys keep proving me correct.Fans are great, but i still think of how opposing teams used to fear going to Ralph back in the day. I don't see that as much anymore. Im not sure if we had alot of wagon riders, the volume just doesn't seem to be as loud as it once was. "Then again my first game was twelve years ago when i was 8, maybe everything seems bigger and better when your that young"

The_Philster
05-14-2005, 07:11 AM
No...you're right...we haven't been as loud the last few years on a consistent basis

tampabay25690
05-14-2005, 08:56 AM

Tailgating by far A+- I have been to many other cities Buffalo by far is one of the best

Ticket prices A+ The Bills rae still very cheap compared to other cities, we really should have more season ticket holders

Concessions C

FANS A+ they are so many dedicated fans thoroughout the USA and there is always a huge fan base at every away game.

Stadium appearance- C nothing that exciting, Im just glad they never put a dome on the ralph

tampabay25690
05-14-2005, 08:58 AM
Tailgaiting B+
FANS B-

Not sure if you have been to Miami but I was at the Miami vs Bills game last year. Pro player stadium may have been the lamest tailgating scene in the history of the world. Everyone is set up down the line with perfect little sun tents and recliners. It was the biggest bore fest I have ever seen in my life. Many teams have great tailgating. The only other city I have been too for a game is Pittsburgh. It isn't quite the same there because it is downtown and many people were partying in bars and stuff, but still a great time.

Miami Fans
Tailgating: F-
Fans: C(there seemed to be more Bills fans there)

I will agree I made my 1st trip to MIami this year I had fun but they dont tailgate like we do in Buff.....NOT EVEN CLOSE....

kevinj22
05-15-2005, 09:25 AM
Living in Long Island, NY I've gone to quite a few games at Giants stadium. I have seen the Bills/Jets and the Bills/Giants and I have been to the Ralph 3 times and I can tell you it is like night and day. Jet fans are absolute asses, Giant fans are not that bad because they have a longer following so the crowd is a little older. Tailgating at the Ralph is second to none, if I'm not mistaken it was one of Madden's top three places to tailgate. I love going to the Ralph and I'll be flying out again for game #1.

The_Philster
05-15-2005, 09:42 AM
Living in Long Island, NY I've gone to quite a few games at Giants stadium. I have seen the Bills/Jets and the Bills/Giants and I have been to the Ralph 3 times and I can tell you it is like night and day. Jet fans are absolute asses, Giant fans are not that bad because they have a longer following so the crowd is a little older. Tailgating at the Ralph is second to none, if I'm not mistaken it was one of Madden's top three places to tailgate. I love going to the Ralph and I'll be flying out again for game #1.

Be sure to keep watch out for the Zone tailgate info :up:

Valerie
05-15-2005, 12:49 PM
The Ralph is okay, but some of their rules are stupid. They will take the plastic cap off of your water bottle, but let you keep the bottle to throw? lol They don't prepare for the weather. I've been there twice in the winter where they've run out of hot chocolate. I'm still trying to get to all of the stadiums and so far I don't have a favorite.

Bill Brasky
05-15-2005, 04:58 PM
No...you're right...we haven't been as loud the last few years on a consistent basis

That could be a lot of things though... for one, we haven't been that great the last few years... I've also been seeing a lot of kids/families there in the past few years.