• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Where would you rank the Ralph?

Amongst the other stadiums in the league, where would you put the Ralph?

Tailgating: A+ (still the best out of any other place I've been)
    Ticket prices: A
    Concessions: B-
    Fans: A+ (I don't know many other fans that would brave our weather or sit through the rough years/games we've had and still keep coming back)
    Stadium Appearance: C

I guess that's expected from a 30+ year old stadium with "ok" upgrades. If we had a new stadium we'd have one of the best scenes in the league.
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman

Fans: A+ (I don't know many other fans that would brave our weather or sit through the rough years/games we've had and still keep coming back)

I guess that's expected from a 30+ year old stadium with "ok" upgrades. If we had a new stadium we'd have one of the best scenes in the league.

Tailgating: A- (the lines to use the bathroom take about an hour putting a damper on the day for the women)
    Ticket prices: A-
    Concessions: F (they run out of stuff they never should...like water and hot chocolate plus the people selling in the stands do not cover the whole stadium)
    Fans: A- (too many fair weather fans)
    Stadium Appearance: D (just like outside...there aren't enough bathrooms. I also think the sound system is horrible...it's way too loud in the upper decks. Speakers should be more distributed throughout the stadium instead of just in one place and blasted.)

Comment

• Nublar7
      • Oct 2004

Tailgating: B+
      Ticket Prices: A
      Concessions: C-
      Fans: B-
      Stadium Appearance: D+

Comment

• Nublar7
        • Oct 2004

Thanks to whoever negged me for my honest reply and didn't sign it. Real class.

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
          • Jun 2003

It's the B- grade for the fans that did it nublar.

(It wasn't me BTW, i'm just telling you)
          www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• Turf
            • Jul 2002

The whole rep thing on all of the boards I go to should just be called the suck ass club.
            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Nublar7
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by ZacGriffi~82
              It's the B- grade for the fans that did it nublar.

(It wasn't me BTW, i'm just telling you)
              The thing is, that B- is for EVERY Bills fan, and I am sure it would be the same for every team(including the Dolphins). You have your fair share of great fans, but at the same time, you have horrible fans also. Just for you know I have witnessed these horrible fans while I was in Buffalo, and I wasn't even wearing any Miami clothes because I was at a Bills/Jets game(Brother is a Bills fan). Anything higher then a B for any team and that is a case of extreme homerism. I would probably give overall Dolfans a B also.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                • Jul 2002

Tailgating: A+
                Ticket prices: A+
                Concessions: C- (although no stadium has read cood concessions.
                Fans: B
                Stadium Appearance: D, but who cares?

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                  Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by billsfanone
                  Tailgating: A+
                  Ticket prices: A+
                  Concessions: C- (although no stadium has read cood concessions.
                  Fans: B
                  Stadium Appearance: D, but who cares?
                  no ****. I just went to yankee stadium for the first time a few weeks ago. that place has horrible concessions.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Tailgating A+: Buffalo always ranks among the top 5 NFL tailgate cities.
                    Ticket Prices A+: Among the cheapest in the league.
                    Concessions C: Could be better.
                    Fans A+: Show up in droves, even in the worst weather. Come from everywhere. Cheer like Hell, even for a team that has missed the playoffs 5 straight years.
                    Stadium B: Not bad for 30 something. The recent facelift was good. Has most of the amentities of newer stadiums.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Tailgating: A+ (Still the best tailgating around IMO)
                      Ticket Prices: A (If they aren't the cheapest, they are pretty damn close)
                      Concessions: C- (They run out of a lot of stuff at bad times, there is not many choices and how come a Buffalo stadium does not sell Buffalo Wings? Oh, and I'd like to see more vendors walking around the whole stadium.)
                      Fans: A (I agree with Jan Reimers, they sell out a lot for being a small market team in a city with a shrinking population, and having cold, snowy, windy weather.)
                      Stadium: C+ (It's nice and all, but there is a lot that I would love to see fixed, especially the fact that there is only one Jumbotron and it's terrible for out of town scores. I'd also fix the sound system and put more choices in the concourse.)

Comment

• Pride
                        • Jul 2002

I have voiced this concern in the past.. after visiting raven stadium in baltimore... the ralph is BORING!

Tailgating, still great... love the location of the stadium... but once you step inside... it doesnt compare to most of the stadiums in the league nowadays.

Gillette, Ravens, etc... those stadiums have us beat by a Looooong shot!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by Pride
                          I have voiced this concern in the past.. after visiting raven stadium in baltimore... the ralph is BORING!

Tailgating, still great... love the location of the stadium... but once you step inside... it doesnt compare to most of the stadiums in the league nowadays.

Gillette, Ravens, etc... those stadiums have us beat by a Looooong shot!
                          I don't see the allure of Ravens' Stadium. To me, it's a cold, impersonable, purple bowl. I find the Ralph infinitely more interesting.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• eyedog
                            • Jul 2002

I've been to a lot of stadiums throughout the league and based on those:
                            Tailgating A+ Still one of the best
                            Tickets A+ We are getting a bargain comparatively
                            Concessions D- food sucks, lines, overall not good, but really doesn't apply much to me.
                            Stadium C- what do you expect for a 30+ yr old stadium. but it is functional with for the most part good sight lines. Gets the job done. I'm there for the game anyways.
                            Fans B good hearty fans for the most part but like everywhere has it's share of fairweather fans. I don't know if we will ever see fans like the early 90's again.

Comment

• Bulldog
                              Top Dog
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Nublar7
                              The thing is, that B- is for EVERY Bills fan, and I am sure it would be the same for every team(including the Dolphins). You have your fair share of great fans, but at the same time, you have horrible fans also. Just for you know I have witnessed these horrible fans while I was in Buffalo, and I wasn't even wearing any Miami clothes because I was at a Bills/Jets game(Brother is a Bills fan). Anything higher then a B for any team and that is a case of extreme homerism. I would probably give overall Dolfans a B also.
                              I wouldn't give the Dolfans a B. Hell, Miami can't even fill the stadium for a playoff game and they have some of the nicest weather around.
                              I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

Working...
                              X