PDA

View Full Version : Bills Sign RB/KR ReShard Lee

Michael82
05-13-2005, 06:58 AM
Former Cowboys running back ReShard Lee agreed to a two-year deal with the Buffalo Bills, according to his agent, Harold Lewis. Lee played in 14 games in 2004 for the Cowboys, averaging 23.5 yards per kickoff return and rushing for 128 yards and one touchdown.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/11637551.htm

LtFinFan66
05-13-2005, 07:00 AM
Former Cowboys running back ReShard Lee agreed to a two-year deal with the Buffalo Bills, according to his agent, Harold Lewis. Lee played in 14 games in 2004 for the Cowboys, averaging 23.5 yards per kickoff return and rushing for 128 yards and one touchdown.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/11637551.htm
There were some Fin Fans who had mentioned him before. He could be a decent back-up I believe!! Good pick-up IMO

Michael82
05-13-2005, 07:04 AM
I agree. He's one of the top KR's in the league and will make the combo of him and McGee scary. :scared:

Also, he's only 25 and could be a nice 3rd down back. He's better than Shad Williams IMO.

madness
05-13-2005, 07:12 AM
Helps our depth, special teams and takes a quality backup RB off the market? :up:

Michael82
05-13-2005, 07:14 AM
Helps our depth, special teams and takes a quality backup RB off the market? :up:
EXACTLY! :hi5:

It also makes me think that a Travis Henry deal might be sometime soon.

BigZ
05-13-2005, 07:29 AM

We can only hope!

Jan Reimers
05-13-2005, 09:11 AM

Yeah, we seem to be stockpiling RBs - Williams, Gates, Brown, Lee, Burns (mostly a backup for Shelton, but we did sign Goldsberry) in addition to TH and WM. Makes me think Travis will be gone before the start of the season.

juice
05-13-2005, 09:13 AM

It also makes me think that a Travis Henry deal might be sometime soon.Travis to where? there aren't even any Rumors floating.

Jan Reimers
05-13-2005, 09:14 AM
We do have a bunch of good Special Teamers, too. Makes me think of the Levy years.

Jan Reimers
05-13-2005, 09:16 AM
Travis to where? there aren't even any Rumors floating.
Rumors don't make trades. GMs make trades.

camelcowboy
05-13-2005, 09:54 AM
Mcgee,Lee,Parrish,Fast Freddie. There should be no need to put Clements on punt returns. Which is good because he always fumbled at the worst times.

dannyek71
05-13-2005, 10:54 AM
I think Burns is gone. We signed Travis Brown and Shane Mathews because they were mirrors of the starter, Drew. Joe Burns had much the same body style and running style of TH (though not nearly the same talent). No TH, no reason to keep a mirror of him around.

BuffaloRanger
05-13-2005, 10:55 AM
Are the Bills going to start putting 3 guys back on Kick returns? Is he a big improvement over what we have? Or does he have the potential to be a big improvement?

You see I don't know because I REFUSE TO REGISTER FOR A DALLAS NEWSPAPER!!

F%#K DALLAS!

juice
05-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Rumors don't make trades. GMs make trades.Brilliant Jan really.. and your right even when TD started the rumor that Henry would be an Eagle by the end of day 1 of the draft it didn't happen.

You have to admit that many times rumors come from leaks, and leaks come sometime before an actual trade.. but "Rumors don't make trades" is an absolute stroke of Genius!:geek:

Jan Reimers
05-13-2005, 11:39 AM
Brilliant Jan really.. and your right even when TD started the rumor that Henry would be an Eagle by the end of day 1 of the draft it didn't happen.

You have to admit that many times rumors come from leaks, and leaks come sometime before an actual trade.. but "Rumors don't make trades" is an absolute stroke of Genius!:geek:
Thanks. Glad you liked it.

ShadowHawk7
05-13-2005, 11:50 AM
I agree that Burns is out. I think that Lee and Williams will be able to backup McGahee, and Lee will be a stud STer w/ McGee on KR duties, and on coverage.

With this signing, I think we can deduct two, possibly three things.

Henry will be gone by season opener.
We won't sign another vet RB like Levens or Hearst.
Burns is probably gone.

The biggest question left in this RB core is if McGahee went down for a few games, would Williams and Lee be able to go running back by commitee, and combine to get WM-like yards?
Other than that, I say our RB core looks pretty good, don't you?

Oh yeah, look for a preseason battle b/w Goldberry, and Luke Lawton (who I thought could of pushed Shelton last training camp.) over a PS spot, or maybe even a roster spot.

:geek:

Jan Reimers
05-13-2005, 11:53 AM
Oh yeah, look for a preseason battle b/w Goldberry, and Luke Lawton (who I thought could of pushed Shelton last training camp.) over a PS spot, or maybe even a roster spot.

:geek:
Unfortunately, Lawton is no longer with us. I liked him, too.

Ickybaluky
05-13-2005, 12:30 PM
Lee had a real strong preseason last year. However, despite that he could not get much regular playing time (even before Julius Jones came back from injury and the Cowboys struggled running the ball). It was said that Parcells didn't trust him in blitz pickup and he blew too many assignments. That isn't my personal observation, but was reported as the reason Parcells didn't trust him enough to put him into games.

Lee is a bowling-ball of a guy (short and quick, but big at 220#) and catches the ball pretty well. Does a pretty good job running the ball and has done a good job on kick returns.

ShadowHawk7
05-13-2005, 04:41 PM
Unfortunately, Lawton is no longer with us. I liked him, too.
We signed him back to the PS late in the year if I'm not mistaken, and is still there. Can anyone verify this?

The Spaz
05-13-2005, 04:48 PM
We signed him back to the PS late in the year if I'm not mistaken, and is still there. Can anyone verify this?

He is with the Giants. Here is our up to date roster http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster.jsp

Jan Reimers
05-13-2005, 04:48 PM
And then we lost him again to the Giants. He's on their roster right now.

jamze132
05-13-2005, 05:28 PM
Brilliant Jan really.. and your right even when TD started the rumor that Henry would be an Eagle by the end of day 1 of the draft it didn't happen.

But don't forget that *******s sitting on a couch start rumors too.

ShadowHawk7
05-13-2005, 09:00 PM
And then we lost him again to the Giants. He's on their roster right now.
Ah, I stand corrected. A pity, I liked that kid. I hope he gets a shot for the Giants.

Michael82
05-13-2005, 09:04 PM
Ah, I stand corrected. A pity, I liked that kid. I hope he gets a shot for the Giants.
I hope they cut him so we can get him back. :mad:

LifetimeBillsFan
05-14-2005, 12:49 AM
I agree that Burns is out. I think that Lee and Williams will be able to backup McGahee, and Lee will be a stud STer w/ McGee on KR duties, and on coverage.

With this signing, I think we can deduct two, possibly three things.

Henry will be gone by season opener.
We won't sign another vet RB like Levens or Hearst.
Burns is probably gone.
The biggest question left in this RB core is if McGahee went down for a few games, would Williams and Lee be able to go running back by commitee, and combine to get WM-like yards?
Other than that, I say our RB core looks pretty good, don't you?

:geek:I agree with all except your point about Burns. Because Burns has been working primarily at FB, not RB, and has performed well on special teams, I think he has a chance to still make the roster, but he will have to battle with Goldsbury for that spot. I was a huge fan of L.Lawton coming out of college and wish that the Bills still had him to be a part of this competition.

I like the acquisition of RaShard Lee. Going into last season a lot of people were expecting him to step up big and have a break-out season when J.Jones was hurt and E.George ineffective, but Parcells wouldn't let him play. I know that he said that Lee missed blocking assignments in the passing game in practice, but I don't buy that entirely: J.Jones was the guy that Parcells picked to be his RB (he went way out on a limb with that draft pick, too!) and I have a sneaking suspicion that he didn't want to give Lee the opportunity to play well enough that he would have difficulty replacing him with J.Jones once Jones was healthy again. Parcells is a funny guy that way in how he deals with some of his players. I think that Lee has a chance to make a contribution to the Bills as a RB and on special teams.

BTW: The word is "corps" not "core"! When refering to a group of people--as in the RBs on the Bills' roster--the proper word to use is "corps", as in the U.S. Marine Corps or "our corps of RBs", etc. The word "core" is used to refer to the internal center of an object or group: for example, the core of the Earth composed of liquified magma, or "JP Losman, L.Evans, R.Parrish and W.McGahee are a corps of promising players who give the Bills a solid, young core to build their future teams around". While I try not to make an issue of the language people use in their posts, this--the improper use of "core" instead of "corps"--is an error that has appeared in such a large number of posts over the last few months that it seemed that some posters simply may not have been aware of the fact that they were using the words incorrectly. :nerd:

The Spaz
05-16-2005, 04:04 PM
Per V.Coach it is now official.:up: