PDA

View Full Version : Oh Boy! Let's pass the ball some more!

WG
12-16-2002, 04:19 AM
Gosh, to all my critics; that performance sure made a believer out of me...!!

:lol:

Gilbride's the man!!!

I think for Christmas, perhaps all the good people here at BillsZone can pitch in and buy the man a 14 carat gold lined dunce cap and a T-Shirt that says "I Love Drew!" on it.

Maybe some Drew Bledsoe pajamas, and a Drew Bledsoe pair of socks and underwear, and we wouldn't want to forget the "Drew Bledsoe passing action figure!"

All I know is that man, I sure am convinced now how Drew wins games all by himself!

Time to get Gilbride the H outta here! The man's a total buffoon!!! As long as he's our O.C., plan on going nowhere! If we had a decent O.C. right now, we'd be 9-5 or 10-4 and in the lead for winning the division! Instead, we get to watch Miami go the to SB!

shelby
12-16-2002, 04:39 AM
Wys..............c'mon, brotha, MIAMI to the SB???
You need some :coffee:!!!
;)

WG
12-16-2002, 05:02 AM
I'm tellin' ya! Who's gonna beat 'em if they can get home field advantage?

They'd be 14-2 if Fiedler hadn't gotten hurt.

Actually, it's gonna come down to that week 17 game against the Pats. If the Pats can beat them in N.E., then Miami won't do it. They need HF advantage or their odds go down tremendously. But which team in the AFC is currently as strong as they are? None.

All they've been missing for years is a solid rushing game and now they have more than a solid rushing game. Great D. Excellent passing game. Good STs. No weaknesses at all unless there is a major injury. The only team that I can think of that has a realistic chance of beating them down in Miami would be Oakland and they just lost there. Not to say they couldn't win, but it would be tough.

TypicalBill
12-16-2002, 05:20 AM
"I think for Christmas, perhaps all the good people here at BillsZone can pitch in and buy the man a 14 carat gold lined dunce cap and a T-Shirt that says "I Love Drew!" on it.

Maybe some Drew Bledsoe pajamas, and a Drew Bledsoe pair of socks and underwear, and we wouldn't want to forget the "Drew Bledsoe passing action figure!" "

:lol:

Earthquake Enyart
12-16-2002, 08:08 AM
I'd like some Drew pajamas.

Miami loses in the first round with Fiedler at QB. Period.

Patrick76777
12-16-2002, 08:16 AM
Wys brother, you need to calm down. After 15 weeks of football, 13 out of 16 AFC teams are within 2 games of the lead. 5 or 6 plays and we’re competing for home field. I don’t know how you can crown anybody champion after what we’ve seen so far.

pmoon6
12-16-2002, 08:42 AM
Just for the record,The Bills threw 33 times and ran 25 times.Bledsoe was sacked once.I don't see that much disparity in the run/pass,besides the QB has to read the defence regardless what play is called.

WG
12-16-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by pmoon6
Just for the record,The Bills threw 33 times and ran 25 times.Bledsoe was sacked once.I don't see that much disparity in the run/pass,besides the QB has to read the defence regardless what play is called.

Hey moon6, WELCOME to Billszone!!!

On your post, consider however that the Bills ran 7 of their last 10 plays rushing. Also consider that w/ Henry averaging 6.5 YPC, the Bills threw three times on 3rd-and-3, three times on 2nd-and-3, and once on 2nd-and-2.

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
I'd like some Drew pajamas.

Miami loses in the first round with Fiedler at QB. Period.

LMAO there EE!!! I'll see what I can do. Will a Bledsoe thong suffice should I not be able to find the PJs! :D

Originally posted by Patrick76777
Wys brother, you need to calm down. After 15 weeks of football, 13 out of 16 AFC teams are within 2 games of the lead. 5 or 6 plays and we’re competing for home field. I don’t know how you can crown anybody champion after what we’ve seen so far.

I'm calm my man. Just love analyzing and cutting things every which way to find out what's going on. I'm an analytical madman. :D

Besides, I am a little miffed at the fact that we could easily have been 9-5 right now had Gilbride run the ball like any normal O.C. would have done. Aren't you a little disappointed that we could have made the POs and won the division w/ better coaching?

BTW, our D is playing much, much better now. It's actually been good over the past 7 or 8 weeks generally speaking. When it hasn't been, the O has often put it in a position to look bad. Our D is now playing at around a #15 ranked level from a scoring-D perspective.

That's awesome!

Novacane
12-16-2002, 09:06 AM
BTW, our D is playing much, much better now. It's actually been good over the past 7 or 8 weeks

Are you crazy? Lets look at the last 7-8 weeks

Yesterday...........they played well , Finally! No turnovers

@ NE...................3 TD's called back by penalty or they would have given up 45 points. BAD! No Turnovers No QB pressure

Miami.......................gave up 21 points and 220+ rushing yards. Since they actually forced some turnovers I guess you can say that game was average

@Jets.............31 points.............no turnovers........no pressure...BAD!

@ KC...........16points.....No TO or Pressure again. Could not stop KC in last Quarter when we needed them. Our running game kept them off the field most of the first half! Still BAD!

NE 38 points.....NE scored at will..................NO TO or pressure...............BAD!

DET........Played average.................still not TO or presure...........you yourself have made light of that win because it was against a bad team

@ Miami.............Good but you again said that was not big deal because it was against Lucas.

Our D has sucked! They have not been "GOOD" over the last 7-8 weeks! NO WAY!

Novacane
12-16-2002, 09:14 AM
139.8 yards a game rushing given up in the last 8 weeks and thats good! Ok..............we had a good defense!

lordofgun
12-16-2002, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
BTW, our D is playing much, much better now. It's actually been good over the past 7 or 8 weeks generally speaking. When it hasn't been, the O has often put it in a position to look bad. Our D is now playing at around a #15 ranked level from a scoring-D perspective.

That's awesome!

Are you sure you didn't hit your head when you broke your leg? ;)

The D has been TERRIBLE for the most part...refer to B2R46's post above.

Novacane
12-16-2002, 09:39 AM
And BTW wys.............you hate Gilbride but how many times has he called a run and Bledsoe changed the play at the LOS. A lot!

I find it really amusing how you spend 95% of your time critisizing the offense when the #1 problem we have is defense or lack there of!

Earthquake Enyart
12-16-2002, 09:41 AM
I'm sorry, you make good points but I can't take you seriously with that avitar.

Novacane
12-16-2002, 09:43 AM
Who's avatar?

Earthquake Enyart
12-16-2002, 09:45 AM
Yours.

mybills
12-17-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
I'm sorry, you make good points but I can't take you seriously with that avitar.

EE, you're not alone.

vabillsfan
12-18-2002, 10:43 AM
Some people have WAY too much time on their hands. Don't you work? Where do you find time to come up with all of these stats - mostly just to prove that we suck and should be very worried about our team?????!!!!!!

Novacane
12-18-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by vabillsfan
Some people have WAY too much time on their hands. Don't you work? Where do you find time to come up with all of these stats - mostly just to prove that we suck and should be very worried about our team?????!!!!!!

Who is this addressed too? It does not take a real genius or much time to go to NFL.com to look up stats.

WG
12-18-2002, 12:49 PM
Agreed. Occasionally I'll create a spreadsheet to be able to look at stats from different angles, but that's not often. There are some great sites out there for stats. ESPN has the best splits out there for teams and players.

justasportsfan
12-18-2002, 01:47 PM
wys is a finfan. He picked the fins to beat us both times this year and now he picked the fins to go to the SB. He was wrong the first two times. I hope he's wrong about the SB thing.

Rude American
12-18-2002, 03:16 PM
I'm now completely confused as to where WYS stands. He rags on Bledsoe, or so I thought, but at the same time seems to rip on Gilbride. It seems to me it's either one or the other. It can't be both. Like in baseball, it's either a wild pitch or a pass ball. It can never be both.