• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Anybody hear this rumor?

My mom lives in Tampa and she keeps hearing stuff about the Bucs being sold. She doesn't know if it's true. Spare me the "I hate the Bucs" comments, 'cause I don't like them either..just wanna know if it's true.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

make that, about to be sold.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• buffaloted90
      • Feb 2005

i read last night that the guy that owns them now is buying Manchester united(soccer)for 1.47 billion thats right i said billion,but sources say he still has plenty of money to keep both,i think it on truth and rumers si

Comment

• Crisis
        • Aug 2004

The Brits hate it that an American bought Manch. U. too! It's great.
        Originally posted by LOSman WINS
        Vanek is Austrian not European
        Originally posted by Prov401
        Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
        Originally posted by better days
        I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• generalmills
          • Sep 2003

From what I understand is that Glazer needs to have in his hand 75+.1% of the shares for United in order to controll the front office workings and can take the club off the London Stock exchange and transfer his debt onto the club itself. As of today I believe that he is silently up to 74.8% and is looking to get over the hump by Monday night. Glazer does not have this kind of money and is reportably borrowing money to make the deal. Glazer plans to borrow 265,000,000p set against the clubs assets. He will then raise another 275,000,000p by issuing some sort of securities but that it will not count against his club based debt.... and finally he will use 272,000,000p of his own cash. Needless to say United fans are not pleased with the take over of their club by an American who does not even have enough money to make the bid. Supporters are fighting back by staging protests (Brownies style) but are taking it to the next level. Fans have apparently gotten together and bought an 18% share of the club and are looking for help from a bank in Japan to buy the all important 25+1% that would keep Glazer out of the drivers seat. The fear in Manchester is that with Glazer at the top of the club, that ticket prices will soar and that the successful club will be held down by his 265,000,000p debt (let me explain..this is one of the most successful football clubs in the world and a let down of any kind would be like the Yankees finishing last in the AL East 1980's style...if not more). Glazer's intentions of what he will do with the club have yet to be released...infact, he has been very quiet..but it is thought that he will exploit the strength of United in the States. The UK government has even stepped in and are asking Glazer to meet with the fans. It is unknown what will happen with the Bucs..but personally owning United would be a full time job to say the least....I do not see him keeping the NFL franchise for very long especially if he gets past the 90% share and takes over the club in full. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4541645.stm this is a link to the bbc which has a fast read Q&A about the issue.

Comment

• G. Host
            Banned
            • Jul 2002

There is an ESPN article on it:

Comment

• tampabay25690
              • Feb 2004

From what I know the Glazers will still own the Bucs also!!!!!! They will be making a boat load of $$ now..
              GO Gators!!!!!!
              GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Demon
                • Mar 2003

Glazer is from Rochester, NY.... just in case anyone didn't know. The guy is a scum bag, he was born and raised here but has yet to put any of his earnings back to Rochester.
                Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Demon
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Crisis
                  The Brits hate it that an American bought Manch. U. too! It's great.
                  It goes much deeper then that.

Glazer only does things for the money, unlike in big European cities where football (soccer) really is life, Glazer only wants to buy the club for it's money and potential mega earnings in the future.

He will most likey raise ticket prices, which will eliminate the lower class fans from matches because the demand is so high but United still sell cheaper tickets in certain sections to keep the loyal, hardcore fans at games, but Glazer will change that and basicially it will be mostly business men at games.

He is using the clubs big name and popularity to gain a few bucks. I have nothing against making money, but if it ain't broke, why fix it?

But yes, some of the people protesting is the anti-american crowd, but in all seriousness, it's not too much. It's Glazer's approach which ticks people off because when he buys the club, he is buying alot more then he thinks... he will own the fans and the history.... and he better not mess with that or he will be in trouble.
                  Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Oaklandraider
                    Smarter than they think
                    • May 2005

I have not heard any thing but the bucs suckass.

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Thanks for the info!

Comment

• regor
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Demon
                        Glazer is from Rochester, NY.... just in case anyone didn't know. The guy is a scum bag, he was born and raised here but has yet to put any of his earnings back to Rochester.

so what? The guy has the right to put his earnings wherever he wants!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                          My mom lives in Tampa and she keeps hearing stuff about the Bucs being sold. She doesn't know if it's true. Spare me the "I hate the Bucs" comments, 'cause I don't like them either..just wanna know if it's true.
                          I hate the fricken bucs

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Demon
                            It goes much deeper then that.

Glazer only does things for the money, unlike in big European cities where football (soccer) really is life, Glazer only wants to buy the club for it's money and potential mega earnings in the future.

He will most likey raise ticket prices, which will eliminate the lower class fans from matches because the demand is so high but United still sell cheaper tickets in certain sections to keep the loyal, hardcore fans at games, but Glazer will change that and basicially it will be mostly business men at games.

He is using the clubs big name and popularity to gain a few bucks. I have nothing against making money, but if it ain't broke, why fix it?

But yes, some of the people protesting is the anti-american crowd, but in all seriousness, it's not too much. It's Glazer's approach which ticks people off because when he buys the club, he is buying alot more then he thinks... he will own the fans and the history.... and he better not mess with that or he will be in trouble.
                            Who cares it is just Soccer man..

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                              I hate the fricken bucs
                              smart ass!

Comment

Working...
                              X