PDA

View Full Version : Anybody hear this rumor?

mybills
05-14-2005, 07:03 AM
My mom lives in Tampa and she keeps hearing stuff about the Bucs being sold. She doesn't know if it's true. Spare me the "I hate the Bucs" comments, 'cause I don't like them either..just wanna know if it's true. :;

mybills
05-14-2005, 07:04 AM
make that, about to be sold.

buffaloted90
05-14-2005, 09:36 AM
i read last night that the guy that owns them now is buying Manchester united(soccer)for 1.47 billion thats right i said billion,but sources say he still has plenty of money to keep both,i think it on truth and rumers si

Crisis
05-14-2005, 10:13 AM
The Brits hate it that an American bought Manch. U. too! It's great.

generalmills
05-14-2005, 10:14 AM
From what I understand is that Glazer needs to have in his hand 75+.1% of the shares for United in order to controll the front office workings and can take the club off the London Stock exchange and transfer his debt onto the club itself. As of today I believe that he is silently up to 74.8% and is looking to get over the hump by Monday night. Glazer does not have this kind of money and is reportably borrowing money to make the deal. Glazer plans to borrow 265,000,000p set against the clubs assets. He will then raise another 275,000,000p by issuing some sort of securities but that it will not count against his club based debt.... and finally he will use 272,000,000p of his own cash. Needless to say United fans are not pleased with the take over of their club by an American who does not even have enough money to make the bid. Supporters are fighting back by staging protests (Brownies style) but are taking it to the next level. Fans have apparently gotten together and bought an 18% share of the club and are looking for help from a bank in Japan to buy the all important 25+1% that would keep Glazer out of the drivers seat. The fear in Manchester is that with Glazer at the top of the club, that ticket prices will soar and that the successful club will be held down by his 265,000,000p debt (let me explain..this is one of the most successful football clubs in the world and a let down of any kind would be like the Yankees finishing last in the AL East 1980's style...if not more). Glazer's intentions of what he will do with the club have yet to be released...infact, he has been very quiet..but it is thought that he will exploit the strength of United in the States. The UK government has even stepped in and are asking Glazer to meet with the fans. It is unknown what will happen with the Bucs..but personally owning United would be a full time job to say the least....I do not see him keeping the NFL franchise for very long especially if he gets past the 90% share and takes over the club in full. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4541645.stm this is a link to the bbc which has a fast read Q&A about the issue.

G. Host
05-14-2005, 10:38 AM
There is an ESPN article on it:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=333284&cc=5901

tampabay25690
05-14-2005, 10:58 AM
From what I know the Glazers will still own the Bucs also!!!!!! They will be making a boat load of $$ now..

Demon
05-14-2005, 11:33 AM
Glazer is from Rochester, NY.... just in case anyone didn't know. The guy is a scum bag, he was born and raised here but has yet to put any of his earnings back to Rochester.

Demon
05-14-2005, 11:40 AM
The Brits hate it that an American bought Manch. U. too! It's great.

It goes much deeper then that.

Glazer only does things for the money, unlike in big European cities where football (soccer) really is life, Glazer only wants to buy the club for it's money and potential mega earnings in the future.

He will most likey raise ticket prices, which will eliminate the lower class fans from matches because the demand is so high but United still sell cheaper tickets in certain sections to keep the loyal, hardcore fans at games, but Glazer will change that and basicially it will be mostly business men at games.

He is using the clubs big name and popularity to gain a few bucks. I have nothing against making money, but if it ain't broke, why fix it?

But yes, some of the people protesting is the anti-american crowd, but in all seriousness, it's not too much. It's Glazer's approach which ticks people off because when he buys the club, he is buying alot more then he thinks... he will own the fans and the history.... and he better not mess with that or he will be in trouble.

Oaklandraider
05-14-2005, 07:00 PM
I have not heard any thing but the bucs suckass.

mybills
05-15-2005, 06:53 AM
Thanks for the info!

Novacane
05-15-2005, 07:57 AM
Glazer is from Rochester, NY.... just in case anyone didn't know. The guy is a scum bag, he was born and raised here but has yet to put any of his earnings back to Rochester.

so what? The guy has the right to put his earnings wherever he wants!

THATHURMANATOR
05-15-2005, 12:16 PM
My mom lives in Tampa and she keeps hearing stuff about the Bucs being sold. She doesn't know if it's true. Spare me the "I hate the Bucs" comments, 'cause I don't like them either..just wanna know if it's true. :;
I hate the fricken bucs

THATHURMANATOR
05-15-2005, 12:17 PM
It goes much deeper then that.

Glazer only does things for the money, unlike in big European cities where football (soccer) really is life, Glazer only wants to buy the club for it's money and potential mega earnings in the future.

He will most likey raise ticket prices, which will eliminate the lower class fans from matches because the demand is so high but United still sell cheaper tickets in certain sections to keep the loyal, hardcore fans at games, but Glazer will change that and basicially it will be mostly business men at games.

He is using the clubs big name and popularity to gain a few bucks. I have nothing against making money, but if it ain't broke, why fix it?

But yes, some of the people protesting is the anti-american crowd, but in all seriousness, it's not too much. It's Glazer's approach which ticks people off because when he buys the club, he is buying alot more then he thinks... he will own the fans and the history.... and he better not mess with that or he will be in trouble.

Who cares it is just Soccer man..

mybills
05-15-2005, 05:31 PM
I hate the fricken bucs
smart ass! :snicker:

Demon
05-15-2005, 07:31 PM
Who cares it is just Soccer man..

Just soccer? Man United are worth more money then the top 3 money clubs in NFL... so i'd say a lot of people care.

LtFinFan66
05-15-2005, 11:15 PM
Can't say that I have heard that?

camelcowboy
05-15-2005, 11:26 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=333466&cc=5901

Not sure if this adds to the conversation. Sounds like Glazers making alot of brits grinder their crooked teeth. :insane: I hope he runs that boring sport into the ground.

THATHURMANATOR
05-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Just soccer? Man United are worth more money then the top 3 money clubs in NFL... so i'd say a lot of people care.
Yes just soccer.

Soccer blows.

BAM
05-16-2005, 11:51 AM
Soccer is cool.

You have to be in extremely good shape in order to compete in that sport.

THATHURMANATOR
05-16-2005, 12:07 PM
Soccer is cool.

So what?

You have to be in really good shape to be a cyclist or a swimmer.

Soccer is boring.

generalmills
05-16-2005, 12:32 PM
Soccer is boring.[/QUOTE]

then simply dont watch it.

THATHURMANATOR
05-16-2005, 12:34 PM
I don't.

generalmills
05-16-2005, 12:39 PM
I don't.
im just saying...if you dont enjoy it then ignore it.. you could just leave the thread alone rather than interrupting it with things like "i dont like soccer...or soccer sucks" etc....some people may be interested. Different strokes....

camelcowboy
05-16-2005, 12:53 PM
Soccer is cool.

Yeah, its sad when the fans have to be in great shape to protect themselves durring numerous riots this sport generates. :chuk: :punch: :box:

THATHURMANATOR
05-16-2005, 01:00 PM
im just saying...if you dont enjoy it then ignore it.. you could just leave the thread alone rather than interrupting it with things like "i dont like soccer...or soccer sucks" etc....some people may be interested. Different strokes....

I like interupting though... :ill:

generalmills
05-16-2005, 01:09 PM
I like interupting though... :ill:
touche thrum touche.

it can be very fun :peace:

THATHURMANATOR
05-16-2005, 01:15 PM
touche thrum touche.

it can be very fun :peace:

:bf1:

Bulldog
05-16-2005, 01:25 PM
Done deal!

http://www.yahoo.com/_ylh=X3oDMTB2MXQ5MTU3BF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEdGVzdAMwBHRtcGwDaW5kZXgtaWU-/s/240242

camelcowboy
05-16-2005, 01:46 PM
Done deal!

http://www.yahoo.com/_ylh=X3oDMTB2MXQ5MTU3BF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEdGVzdAMwBHRtcGwDaW5kZXgtaWU-/s/240242
Thats great! the one country in the world that still likes us is going to hate us because of soccer, Rock on.

:bf1:

The_Philster
05-16-2005, 03:31 PM
So what?

You have to be in really good shape to be a cyclist or a swimmer.

Soccer is boring.

same with baseball....and you don't even have to be in as good of shape to play baseball.

THATHURMANATOR
05-16-2005, 04:46 PM
same with baseball....and you don't even have to be in as good of shape to play baseball.
Yeah if all baseball games were 1-0, 2-1 games it would be boring...

mybills
05-17-2005, 06:00 AM
Fans groups are calling on supporters not to renew their season tickets, to cancel subscriptions to United's in-house television station and boycott sponsors Vodafone, Nike, Budweiser and Audi.

Ya think they're pissed? :gag:

pleasesavedrew
05-17-2005, 02:53 PM
i remember the glazers trying to sell trhem thenbuy thne dodgers a frew years ago. But im not sure what happend