PDA

View Full Version : We may not be going to the Saints game after all....

OpIv37
05-14-2005, 10:29 AM
there's a good chance that there's an emergency trip out of town in our near future, so we're probably going to have to go to a home game since it's cheaper and will require less vacation days than New Orleans.

Any suggestions as to which game we should attend? I'm thinking one of the first three- Houston, Atlanta, Miami- because those games are the best chances for good weather (my wife's only been to 2 games and both of them were cold).

OpIv37
05-14-2005, 10:31 AM
btw how did we get 3 consecutive NFC games in the first month of the season? That's messed up.

generalmills
05-14-2005, 10:34 AM
Any suggestions as to which game we should attend? I'm thinking one of the first three- Houston, Atlanta, Miami- because those games are the best chances for good weather (my wife's only been to 2 games and both of them were cold).

Those sound like your best bet. You will get to see the opener and all the jazz that goes along with that day... Ron Mexico doing his "other" thing on the field. and a dolphins game...and all of that in pretty good weather. I think your decision is already made! :D:

G. Host
05-14-2005, 10:35 AM
btw how did we get 3 consecutive NFC games in the first month of the season? That's messed up.

Because the league is trying to increase sales and figures AFC-East and AFC games would be better sales at end of year when some races are already decided.

Italian Stallion
05-14-2005, 11:33 AM

That's not messed up, thats awesome! I was excited when the sched. came out and saw that.....

Think about it, if JP starts slowly and the team stumbles out of the gates, wouldn't you rather have the early losses be to NFC teams, that hold no tiebreakers when it comes to the AFC playoffs at all? I would.

That's why were were so screwed last year with tiebreakers. Losses to Jax, NYJ, NE, BAL, and even OAK messed up our conference record and common games record for the playoff push.

:bf1:

HAMMER
05-14-2005, 09:01 PM
That's not messed up, thats awesome! I was excited when the sched. came out and saw that.....

Think about it, if JP starts slowly and the team stumbles out of the gates, wouldn't you rather have the early losses be to NFC teams, that hold no tiebreakers when it comes to the AFC playoffs at all? I would.

That's why were were so screwed last year with tiebreakers. Losses to Jax, NYJ, NE, BAL, and even OAK messed up our conference record and common games record for the playoff push.

:bf1:
Great points!