• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Titans offering a 5th for Henry...

Per the Nashville Tennessean:

Titans keeping eye on Henry: The Bills continue to hold on to disgruntled running back Travis Henry, and the Titans are among the teams who would trade for him if the deal is right.

The Titans and Bills discussed a trade for Henry during the NFL Draft, and General Manager Floyd Reese and Bills GM Tom Donohoe have had some dialogue since.

''My gut is I think if they can't get what they were looking for during the draft, then I am almost thinking they are going to keep him,'' Reese said. ''But I don't know that.''

Reese said the Bills initially wanted a second- or third- round pick. Reese said the Titans offered the Bills a fifth-round pick and the Bills balked.

Would the Titans still take in Henry, a former University of Tennessee star?

''If I can get him at a decent price, yeah,'' Reese said.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

a second is too much but a 3rd is too little. This is a guy who started 2 of his 4 seasons in the NFL and had over 1400 yards each week. He's no Corey Dillon, but he will consistently run hard and produce every week- that's worth more than a 5th, even with injuries taken into account.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

I hold him for a 3rd the whole way. How many times was Willis slow to get up last year, we need value for Henry and we need a replacement.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Kinda misleading with the title...the Titans offered that and we balked. We don't know what they are offering now. Now that we picked up Lee and a lot of teams have filled some needs via the draft, maybe they aren't even willing to offer the 5th
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
          Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
          • Mar 2003

3rd or we keep him. Period. The only exception would be if it was a conditional 4th, that could go 2nd, if he did well.
          "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
          -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

A one dimensional back (who has one year left on his contract) with an injury history that has taken a bunch of hard hits is not worth a 2nd and a 3rd is stretching it.

I really think many Bills fans are over-valueing TH.
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• G. Host
              Banned
              • Jul 2002

I agree because he is in his last year of his contract. There is no guarentee he will fit into a new system on a new team and he still wants to be the undisputed starter. A team could trade for him and he could do a TO and have a fit.

Personally if I was a GM I would not trade for him despite his previous performance - too much of a headache.

Comment

• jpdex12
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by G. Host
                I agree because he is in his last year of his contract. There is no guarentee he will fit into a new system on a new team and he still wants to be the undisputed starter. A team could trade for him and he could do a TO and have a fit.

Personally if I was a GM I would not trade for him despite his previous performance - too much of a headache.
                If a team was to trade us a 4th round pick now with a conditional agreement that we would get a third instead based on performance would be fair IMO.
                Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• generalmills
                  • Sep 2003

anything less than a 3rd is not acceptable. I would rather force TH to sit out and lose all that money than to have an extra 5th rounder in next years draft. Call me vendictive and childish but I think it funny what is happening to Travis.

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

it's not that funny...it's realistic. His best days are behind him is all there is to it.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                      • Jul 2003

I think Henry has good value to the right team. A team like Arizona or Minnesota that likes to go three wide and spread the team vertically is a good fit for Henry. I don't think he is a power-running type back, but he excels in spread sets.

The fact is Henry could bring a team like Arizona or Minnesota balance in their offense. He may have had past questions with fumbles, but balance is the key to that type of offense.

Of course, other teams I don't see him having much value, because he isn't as good a fit.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                        Too sober for this...
                        • Apr 2004

Personally, I think a 5th is an insult to TH. He has been a warrior and played hard behind a weak O-line and still did well. I think we should keep a close eye on Oakland. Lamont may end up being a dud. Yeah, he's looked good a few times, but he's never had to play a whole season and if he goes down, the Raiders have crap for backup. Travis is cheap and even a renegotiation would probably be cheap for the Raiders. Travis isn't greedy in terms of money - he just wants to play...if I were the Raiders, I'd bring him in and tell him he's got to compete with Jordan for the job - then the winner gets to start and you have a good backup. Yeah, he may or may not necessarily start - but atleast he'll have competed for the position and if he loses out - shouldn't be angry...

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                          Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Typ0
                          it's not that funny...it's realistic. His best days are behind him is all there is to it.
                          I doubt that.
                          "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                          -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

Why?

The average running back last for about 4 years. Henry runs a tough physical style and takes a nasty beating. He has had injuries the last two years to his lower leg.

I think he only has a couple of years left, if that.
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

He's nowhere near the end of his career. If he gets behind a good oline so that he doesn't have to go head first into 350lb DTs every snap, I can see him playing for another 5 years. He's worth a 3rd, but I'd take a conditional 4th with it becoming a 3rd if he reaches certain goals.

Comment

Working...
                              X