X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ILOVEMIBILLS
    • Apr 2003

Pat Williams says:"[Buffalo] doesn't want to win..."

Didn't see this posted. Got it from NFL Fans...

Williams Brings Size And Savvy
    By Tim Yotter
    Date: May 14, 2005

Pat Williams was the first free agent to sign with the Vikings in March, and the team is hoping his impact on a young defensive line is nearly as quick. He brings size, experience and a Pro Bowl anchor to the middle of the defensive line, even if he didn’t feel appreciated in Buffalo.

Pat Williams signed with the Vikings less than 24 hours into this year’s free-agent signing period, and his acquisition is a key component to the Vikings’ continuing theme to build their defense from the front back.

Besides back-to-back double-digit sack seasons for Lance Johnstone and Kevin Williams – and the latter going to the Pro Bowl after 2004 – the Vikings’ defensive line hasn’t had a consistent presence, one that puts fear in offenses. But around the league, from sports-talk radio shows to print journalists, NFL observers are talking up the newest version of the purple’s front four.

Johnstone has put in his time in the league, but Kevin Williams is entering his third NFL season, Kenechi Udeze, Spencer Johnson and Darrion Scott their second and Erasmus James his first. Yes, the Vikings’ defensive line is generally one of great hope and promise – and not as much experience.

Besides Johnstone and Pat Williams.
    Last edited by Dozerdog; 05-15-2005, 10:11 PM.
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

“(Buffalo general manager Tom Donahoe) doesn’t know what he’s doing down there."

Thems are fightin' words!
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Tim Yotter is who?!

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Nice story.

I did have to shorten it and added a link to the original. As a rule, we can't post entire articles - just a sample of it and a link to the original.

Damn copyright laws....

Comment

• Italian Stallion
          Knows More Than You
          • Feb 2004

Washed up DT...Im sorry, I was saying it long before they even decided to let him walk....We got some young guys that needed to be put in the lineup and by the end of the year this year, Pat will be an old crusty on another dissapointing, underachiving Vikings team....

He'll probally get injured anyway...but not after they start out 7-1, then win 2 more games the rest of the year..The Packers and Lions offense will light them up again, and the team that is always EXPECTED to win wont. Eagles or Falcons own the NFC.
          BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Sounds like just another player with "They didn't give me what I want...and they can't win without me" syndrome.

Comment

• Marvelous
              • Feb 2004

The last time i said this i got negged twice grr! BUT Pat Williams shouldn't be a top paid DT/NT. He is a space clogger. Granted they are needed to free up LBS but I recall last season that Pat rarely did much and seemed to miss alot of playing time to fatique. I miss him a bunch and used to get very excited whenever he made a nice play ((similar as i am with every Moulds catch)) I think his price tag is nuts. I'M 100% content with the pressure Adams will bring and most likely Edwards too. I just prefer the DT's that bum rush the line rather then eat blockers..........
              GO BILLS!!! NE
              Magical Trevor

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

I'm not fat, they are!
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• jpdex12
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by mybills
                  “(Buffalo general manager Tom Donahoe) doesn’t know what he’s doing down there."

Thems are fightin' words!
                  **** that fat ****er! I hope that Minnesota gets beat by Arizona to miss the playoffs again!
                  Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                      • Feb 2005

Edwards played better alot of times last year and I'm sure he can stay on the field more then Pat has the last 2-3 years. I'd be suprised if Pat was on the field 50% of the defensive plays and not because of injury because his fat @$$ was exhausted. Our defense will not miss a beat.
                      Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                        • Jan 2003

I was under the impression that the coaches decided who to play and when. Wasn't there a problem once when Adams didn't want ot come out? I mean if the players want to play more and aren't allowed, how is that his fault that he doesn't play as much?

Seems to me like another "Hey we loved you while you were here but now that you aren't you suck" attitudes.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Sour grapes from the Fat One.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Good. Someone's gotta light up TD. Antoine Winfield said the same thing. So far Winfields gone to the playoffs while we haven't under TD. Of course if it wasn't for TD's moves either ,they wouldn't have gotten the contracts they got from those teams. TD needs to get us to the playoffs soon. It won't be long before the fins will be a better team under Saban. Don't forget, the Pats have owned TD as well and the jets have been to the playoffs.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jpdex12
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              Good. Someone's gotta light up TD. Antoine Winfield said the same thing. So far Winfields gone to the playoffs while we haven't under TD. Of course if it wasn't for TD's moves either ,they wouldn't have gotten the contracts they got from those teams. TD needs to get us to the playoffs soon. It won't be long before the fins will be a better team under Saban. Don't forget, the Pats have owned TD as well and the jets have been to the playoffs.
                              Guess what Bud? TD dumped Winfield last year for the same reason that he let fat*** go this year and our defense never missed a beat! So piss on Winfield and Williams. And for the other zoner talking about the turncoat attitudes towards PW, he started the bull**** first by slamming TD. Our defense won't miss a beat this year either.
                              Can we get one of the Buffalo Zoners to unload a couple dozen eggs on the facade of PW's auto detailing business?
                              Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

Working...
                              X