Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Early look at 2003 Schedule

Looks difficult again:

Home-'Fins, Jets, Pats, Colts, Eagles, Skins, Texans, AFC North

Away-'Fins, Jets, Pats, Cowboys, Giants, Jags, Titans, AFC West

The last two games are determined by finish. Hence, 4th play finish gets 4th place in the North and west. If the season ended today we would play Cincy here and KC away.

It is possible that the Bills could play 12 games against teams .500 or better (depending on what place we finish in). Cincy, Houston, Dallas and Washington could be the only sub-.500 teams we play next year...3 of them at home.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

It's official:

Home-'Fins, Jets, Pats, Colts, Eagles, Skins, Texans, Cincy

Away-'Fins, Jets, Pats, Cowboys, Giants, Jags, Titans, KC

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

I don't think the schedule is too bad. I can't see Miami any better than this year. They will have to cut salary...KC should be better, Jags will be worse without Coughlin, Giants will have to cut some salary but I hope we don;t have to play them in December since that is when they play good. The skins, texans and cincy should be easy wins.

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Looks like a soft schedule. If we can split the division games, Just the Eagles, Colts, Titans, and Chiefs look to be tough out of division games

Comment

• BillsMan80
          Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
          • Jul 2002

The Giants are the most overrated team in football. They never are as good as their record, and are consistently average. Next year we will be better than the Giants.
          The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
          THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
            • Jul 2002

I agree that does not look like a killer schedule. Pats are on the downslope too IMO.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
              • Jul 2002

Too bad the Giants and Cowboys were not at home. That would be 2 sure sellouts!

Comment

• LVGrown
                Vegas Growed
                • Jul 2002

damn that sucks, no west coast games?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ShAgNSuRf 702
                  damn that sucks, no west coast games?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Pinto Guy is kinda happy about that part though. Means he doesn't have to go quite as far for games next year.
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• HenryRules
                    • Jul 2002

I think its hard to judge our schedule right now ... in this era of the NFL teams can easily swing by 4 or more wins in a season either way, so I think we'll have to see how the offseason goes before we start to worry about our schedule too much.

On item of promise though ... none of the teams we play at home are very big road warriors and aside from KC, no one is really unbeatable at home either (excluding division games from the discussion as its pointless IMO to complain about having to play teams in our division).

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

11 games against teams 8-8 or better....but as HenryRules says...you just can't tell with teams from one year to the next.

Comment

• Andrea1234
                        • Oct 2002

i like the teams for next year even though its just to early to say anything

Comment

• fabolouspaul
                          • Oct 2002

I wished we played at San Diego next year, I wanted to go down and watch the Bills game down there. D*MN!!!!!!!!!!
                          Last edited by fabolouspaul; 12-30-2002, 10:59 AM.
                          LA needs a football team so that I can watch a Bills game live.

Comment

Working...
                          X