• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Jason Peters

Don't know if this was posted before, but this was a piece of a prisco article.

The Bills are working former Arkansas tight end Jason Peters at left tackle. Peters, who weighed over 300 pounds when he caught passes for the Hogs, is up to 328 pounds. He has displayed good feet, which could make him a long shot to potentially be the replacement for departed Jonas Jennings. Peters got some time at tackle last year, and would have to beat out Marcus Price for the job this year. If Price or Peters can't get it done, the Bills could move Trey Teague from center to left tackle. He played tackle for Denver before going to Buffalo.

Good feet. There's a start.

• Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

how reliable can that be if they are saying peters has to beat out price, who is not on the roster?
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
      how reliable can that be if they are saying peters has to beat out price, who is not on the roster?
      Good question and rookie guard Justin Geisinger is wearing his #.

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

What's the date on it?
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Johnny Utah
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TigerJ
          What's the date on it?
          The 12th of may.

Comment

• lordofgun
            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Peters got some time at tackle last year? I don't remember that.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by lordofgun
              I know that Peters volunteered to work with the O-line after being signed to the practice squad last season because he wasn't getting a lot of work at TE on the PS (there were a couple of articles about this that I posted at the time) and he worked primarily at LT from that point until Campbell and Euhus were injured and he was moved back to TE. Because I didn't get to watch that many Bills games last season, I don't know if Peters got in any plays at LT or if he played exclusively at TE after he was activated (his first game or two were before Campbell and Euhus went down, I believe). However, I do know that, according to the NFL.com Gametracker, Peters did get a couple of penalties called on him while playing on offense, not special teams--one, I seem to recall, was a hold that negated a good Bills gain in one of their late season games. I don't know if he was playing OT or TE at the time, but I remember being upset at the time that he had committed a penalty.

It is because a number of scouting organizations projected that Peters could, if developed properly, become a starting LT in the NFL and the fact that he has been working with Coach McNally--who seems to like him (I have previously posted quotes from McNally stating that he thinks that Peters has all of the talent that you could want in a LT and that he was impressed that Peters came to him and asked to do extra work with the O-line)--that I have kept saying that the Bills are trying to develop Peters to be their starter of the future at LT. Because everyone knows that Peters is as dumb as a rock (he scored a 6 on his Wonderlic!) and he was an UDFA who many saw as primarily a TE because of his speed, I have been repeatedly ridiculed for saying this--particularly by those who won't be satisfied unless the Bills have a high-priced FA or an over-hyped rookie 1st or 2nd round draft pick starting at LT. But, based on every assessment that I have read, I believe that Coach McNally seriously believes that Peters has the talent to be a good starting LT in the NFL and is making every effort to teach and develop Peters so that he can eventually compete for, if not take over, that position for the Bills. It all comes down to whether Peters is going to be able to learn what McNally is trying to teach him soon enough to be able to play it effectively this season or next.

Right now, the starting LT job belongs to M.Gandy because he knows the position and has experience playing it in the NFL. But, Peters is more physically gifted than Gandy. If Peters is able to learn what he needs to learn to use his physical talent at the LT position--which I admit is a question mark--he could push Gandy for playing time and, ultimately, if he continues to develop, become the starter, if not this year, then, next season. If Peters doesn't show that he can learn the position or if Gandy seizes his opportunity and excels at the position, then, Peters could end up losing his roster spot entirely to one of the other smarter, young offensive linemen that the Bills are looking to bring along. Based on the progression of the comments that have been made about Peters by M.Mularkey and McNally, I have a feeling that Peters has been making progress and, while he isn't there yet, has a real shot at being a factor for the Bills at LT. I could be wrong about this--I could be misreading the quotes from the coaches--to be sure, but, because of Peters' physical talent and work ethic, I think Coach McNally is going to give him every opportunity he can to succeed.
              Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                Prisco is a Pasquerelli/Clayton/King wannabe. He gets his "inside info" from the others' driveway on garbage nights. His articles are complete and total waste of bandwidth.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
                  I don't either and I was at 10 regular season games...only remember seeing him in at TE...he did wear an OL number but he kept declaring himself eligible...except for that time he didn't and we got penalized for it
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

The situation at TE may push Peters into more pracitice and study time at that position, and set back his development into an offensive lineman.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                      Prisco is a Pasquerelli/Clayton/King wannabe. He gets his "inside info" from the others' driveway on garbage nights. His articles are complete and total waste of bandwidth.
                      Mr. M, tell us how you really feel.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Prisco doesn't even mention Gandy?
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• John Doe
                          Florida Man
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                          The situation at TE may push Peters into more pracitice and study time at that position, and set back his development into an offensive lineman.
                          At this point, I don't believe that Peters will get any reps at tight end as a receiver. He is a lineman now. Maybe he will line up at tight end in goal line situations as a blocker to stop people from "skimming" but thats about it.

Good post from LifeTimeBillsfan on the subject.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            Mr. M, tell us how you really feel.
                            I'm pretty sure most feel the same way.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

I hope we keep Peters somewhere..

This guy is a gifted athlete. He deserves a shot somewhere on the team, whether it is OL or TE. Personally I would have liked him to stay at TE and punish people after the catch. He could be the guy making alot of defenses tired if they have to be tackling or blocking this guy. He makes things happen. After he blocked that punt last year I knew there was something there.

Comment

Working...
                              X