PDA

View Full Version : Just called NFL Radio for Spikes......

Italian Stallion
05-16-2005, 11:40 AM
I finally got through to Sirius NFL Radio and mentioned TKO....

Tim Ryan and Shannon Sharpe were talking about the top LB's in the league (Lewis, Brooks which i agree with) then they went on to say that Arrington and Urlacher would be next on that list, which is what prompted me to call

Spikes has been good for at least 100 tackles a few sacks and more than the average amount of INT's for any LB in the league!!!! Not to mention 2 straight Pro Bowls

Some guy called right ahead of me and said "the guy that went from the bengals to buffalo is pretty good, i forget his name" which sorta reminded them that Spikes existed. Ryan was jocking Urlacher, but after i called up said that he'd take Spikes over him, saying that he is "a friggin beast" Shannon told me it's like picking a black Cadiliac or White Cadaliac....either one is good....

That's about it, just thought you guys would be interested.

madness
05-16-2005, 11:53 AM
Italian Stallion :posrep:

OpIv37
05-16-2005, 12:00 PM
yeah, way to set them straight. Spikes had 2 INT's for TD's from a LINEBACKER position last year- that's amazing. The one thing that bothers me is that even after that and 2 consecutive Pro Bowl selections, his name doesn't come up for consideration. IMO Spikes is definitely better than Urlacher and Arrington- they just get more consideration because they don't play in Buffalo.

Voltron
05-16-2005, 12:11 PM
:posrep:

Way to stick up for our D! They ranked top 2 for 2 seasons in a row and never get the props they deserve. Jerry Gray better start getting some love around the league too!! I think he proved everyone wrong when he was able to not only improve the D but also improve them in the only problem area that was really lacking ... turnovers. He should never have been in Dick Lebeau’s shadow in the first place but he proved himself and while I would love to keep him I think if the D does top 5 again he will come up for some HC jobs.

camelcowboy
05-16-2005, 12:42 PM
I finally got through to Sirius NFL Radio and mentioned TKO....

Tim Ryan and Shannon Sharpe were talking about the top LB's in the league (Lewis, Brooks which i agree with) then they went on to say that Arrington and Urlacher would be next on that list, which is what prompted me to call

Spikes has been good for at least 100 tackles a few sacks and more than the average amount of INT's for any LB in the league!!!! Not to mention 2 straight Pro Bowls

Some guy called right ahead of me and said "the guy that went from the bengals to buffalo is pretty good, i forget his name" which sorta reminded them that Spikes existed. Ryan was jocking Urlacher, but after i called up said that he'd take Spikes over him, saying that he is "a friggin beast" Shannon told me it's like picking a black Cadiliac or White Cadaliac....either one is good....

That's about it, just thought you guys would be interested.
Yeah i heard that, You really dug into them. You won Ryan over, and Shannon was trying defend Derrick Brooks over spikes. Thats where Shannon brought out the Cadiliac comment. There about to do their top 10 list, i wonder if fletcher made it on any of theirs?

:posrep: Nice job.

The King
05-16-2005, 01:01 PM
Spikes is a top 3 linebacker no question. I would take him over lewis and brooks anyday. Lewis is on the downside of a great career Spikes keeps getting better. Tackles dont mean much but if you look how well LBers play the ball Spikes is the best in the league.

camelcowboy
05-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Spikes is a top 3 linebacker no question. I would take him over lewis and brooks anyday. Lewis is on the downside of a great career Spikes keeps getting better. Tackles dont mean much but if you look how well LBers play the ball Spikes is the best in the league.
:sad: you moved me to tears. Good post.

Italian Stallion
05-16-2005, 02:21 PM
Yeah i heard that, You really dug into them. You won Ryan over, and Shannon was trying defend Derrick Brooks over spikes. Thats where Shannon brought out the Cadiliac comment. There about to do their top 10 list, i wonder if fletcher made it on any of theirs?

:posrep: Nice job.

What was their top 10 list? I had to go to class.....

Ed
05-16-2005, 04:10 PM
If we can play better this year as a team and make it to the playoffs, I think Spikes will be up there for consideration as defensive player of the year, assuming he stays healthy.

ShadowHawk7
05-16-2005, 04:56 PM
Spikes is the best OLB in the league right now, bar none IMO. Brooks and Lewis come close, while Urlacher is overrated a bit. This guy could play strong safety w/ his cover skills.

djjimkelly
05-16-2005, 07:21 PM
actually i was listening all day and they did give spikes top 3 when they where interviewing him. actually spikes gave himself that lol then they agreed with him. ryan called him a top 5 LB and spikes quickly responded im top 3 at least. shannon sharpe was all over urlacher callling him not top 5 material which im in total agreement with him.

colin
05-17-2005, 02:39 AM
spikes is the best line backer in the nfl right now.

he is for us what pippen was for the bulls -- we will ask him to do any particular job, and he will do it with the best of them.

shoot the gap? best. Blow up the lead block? done. sideline to sideline? machine. cover? 5 ints 2 for TDs. Rush the passer? gets there quick and causes pain.

i think he is the ony linebacker that can do the things that LT did, but we won't have him rush the passer as much because we use him more for coverage (i think if we had him go for 8-12 sacks we might get even more turnovers, but we are pretty damn good as is).

guy bleeds red white a blue too. he isn't a black cadillac, he is a bentley coupe with a charger.

mybills
05-17-2005, 06:10 AM
I love Cadillacs! :up:

Canadian'eh!
05-17-2005, 08:46 AM
TKO is definately one of the top dogs.

Lewis and Brooks both had down years... Farrior had a great year, but that was the first time he had that kind of year. Gildon is still damn good, but not as good as Takeo. Urlacher is Overrated. Arrington is not even close to Takeo, thoughhe does have a ton of talent.

Keep and eye on Vilma.