X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • schobelisdaman
    • Mar 2004

Lee

I dont know if this question has already been posted but is Reshard Lee really any better or more promising than Shaud Williams or Lionel Gates??
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by schobelisdaman
    I dont know if this question has already been posted but is Reshard Lee really any better or more promising than Shaud Williams or Lionel Gates??
    I would think so we signed him.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
      Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
      • Mar 2003

I think the combo of those 3 will definitley be able to backup WM. Lee will double as a good STer as well, which may make Burns expendable.
      "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
      -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• wchutalkinboutwillis
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by The Spaz
        I would think so we signed him.
        Yeah, but Dallas let him go in favor of the A-Train. I know he asked to be released but if he was such a solid back then why did Parcell's let him go:
        Here's what he said:
        Cowboy fans wondering why running back ReShard Lee isn't seeing more action despite averaging five yards-per-carry received their answer on Monday. Head coach Bill Parcells explained that he doesn't trust Lee in pass protection. "I thought he was headed along, but when I watch him practice it's hard to put him in there at best, or any time he doesn't have the ball in his hands," Parcells told the team's official web site. "Now I'm hopeful for him that he still can come along, but this is a guy that has trouble paying attention to other details besides running the ball...The most pertinent thing to his position - if you are a running back in this league and you cannot pass protect or you do not look like you could follow the blitz schemes well, you can't play, especially nowadays with passing so prevalent."

"If I had my way, I'd shuffle off to Buffalo. Sit by the lake and watch the world go by." Fogerty

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

He is a backup, and that's what I expect him to do nothing more.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
            • Mar 2005

I'm not sure of the talent level of the guys you already had, but that guy should be a nice pick-up for you as a back-up

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

williams, gates, and lee = competition.. let the best 2 win.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• dannyek71
                Drink Responsibly
                • Dec 2004

Burns is gone....we can use neufeld as a ST, TE, and backup FB
                [

Comment

• ExWNYer
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by wchutalkinboutwillis
                  Yeah, but Dallas let him go in favor of the A-Train. I know he asked to be released but if he was such a solid back then why did Parcell's let him go
                  So Parcells is incapable of making a mistake? Isn't this the same Bill Parcells who picked up a certain released Bills QB that he believes can take the Cowslugs to the Super Bowl??
                  "I'm growing older but not up, my metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck" - Jimmy Buffett

Proud alumnus of the 2011 'Final Four' VCU Rams!

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

Parcells is way over rated. He has a losing record as a head coach without Bellichick as his defensive coordinator. I think BB was behind a lot of Parcell's success. He has done absolutely nothing in Dallas

Comment

• carybillsfan
                      • Aug 2003

Lee is a very quick back who could be used a good change of pace or even a 3rd down back in passing situations. I think he'll have a positive impact on the team.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                        • Mar 2003

Don't forget Goldberry, Burns, and Brown. I think all 6 of them will be fighting for 3 spots. I see our backs roster eventually looking like this:

RB: WM, Lee, Williams (WM starting, the other two will split the backup role depending on the situation.)

FB: Shelton

RB/FB: Brown

PS: Goldberry, Gates

Cut: Burns
                        -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• camelcowboy
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
                          Don't forget Goldberry, Burns, and Brown. I think all 6 of them will be fighting for 3 spots. I see our backs roster eventually looking like this:

RB: WM, Lee, Williams (WM starting, the other two will split the backup role depending on the situation.)

FB: Shelton

RB/FB: Brown

PS: Goldberry, Gates

Cut: Burns
                          The plot thickens Brown is gone.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                            The plot thickens Brown is gone.
                            Lol, great prediction on my part.

In that case, I say Gates gets the RB/FB spot, and everything else stays the same.
                            -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• wchutalkinboutwillis
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
                              Lol, great prediction on my part.

In that case, I say Gates gets the RB/FB spot, and everything else stays the same.
                              Based on last year's heart driven performance (especially in San Fran) Shaud Williams will have to fall flat on his face to lose a spot on the team. I think Burns, Lee, and Gates will be duking it out for the 3rd position.

"If I had my way, I'd shuffle off to Buffalo. Sit by the lake and watch the world go by." Fogerty

Comment

Working...
                              X