PDA

View Full Version : Lee

schobelisdaman
05-16-2005, 08:41 PM
I dont know if this question has already been posted but is Reshard Lee really any better or more promising than Shaud Williams or Lionel Gates??

The Spaz
05-16-2005, 09:24 PM
I dont know if this question has already been posted but is Reshard Lee really any better or more promising than Shaud Williams or Lionel Gates??

I would think so we signed him.

ShadowHawk7
05-16-2005, 09:34 PM
I think the combo of those 3 will definitley be able to backup WM. Lee will double as a good STer as well, which may make Burns expendable.

wchutalkinboutwillis
05-16-2005, 09:46 PM
I would think so we signed him.
Yeah, but Dallas let him go in favor of the A-Train. I know he asked to be released but if he was such a solid back then why did Parcell's let him go:
Here's what he said:
Cowboy fans wondering why running back ReShard Lee (http://fantasysports.aol.com/fb/playerProfile.cfm/pid.2099) isn't seeing more action despite averaging five yards-per-carry received their answer on Monday. Head coach Bill Parcells explained that he doesn't trust Lee in pass protection. "I thought he was headed along, but when I watch him practice it's hard to put him in there at best, or any time he doesn't have the ball in his hands," Parcells told the team's official web site. "Now I'm hopeful for him that he still can come along, but this is a guy that has trouble paying attention to other details besides running the ball...The most pertinent thing to his position - if you are a running back in this league and you cannot pass protect or you do not look like you could follow the blitz schemes well, you can't play, especially nowadays with passing so prevalent."

The Spaz
05-16-2005, 10:37 PM
He is a backup, and that's what I expect him to do nothing more.

LtFinFan66
05-16-2005, 11:21 PM
I'm not sure of the talent level of the guys you already had, but that guy should be a nice pick-up for you as a back-up

Tatonka
05-17-2005, 09:30 AM
williams, gates, and lee = competition.. let the best 2 win.

dannyek71
05-17-2005, 10:26 AM
Burns is gone....we can use neufeld as a ST, TE, and backup FB

ExWNYer
05-17-2005, 10:53 AM
Yeah, but Dallas let him go in favor of the A-Train. I know he asked to be released but if he was such a solid back then why did Parcell's let him go

So Parcells is incapable of making a mistake? Isn't this the same Bill Parcells who picked up a certain released Bills QB that he believes can take the Cowslugs to the Super Bowl??

don137
05-17-2005, 11:06 AM
Parcells is way over rated. He has a losing record as a head coach without Bellichick as his defensive coordinator. I think BB was behind a lot of Parcell's success. He has done absolutely nothing in Dallas

carybillsfan
05-17-2005, 11:07 AM
Lee is a very quick back who could be used a good change of pace or even a 3rd down back in passing situations. I think he'll have a positive impact on the team.

ShadowHawk7
05-17-2005, 04:22 PM
Don't forget Goldberry, Burns, and Brown. I think all 6 of them will be fighting for 3 spots. I see our backs roster eventually looking like this:

RB: WM, Lee, Williams (WM starting, the other two will split the backup role depending on the situation.)

FB: Shelton

RB/FB: Brown

PS: Goldberry, Gates

Cut: Burns

camelcowboy
05-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Don't forget Goldberry, Burns, and Brown. I think all 6 of them will be fighting for 3 spots. I see our backs roster eventually looking like this:

RB: WM, Lee, Williams (WM starting, the other two will split the backup role depending on the situation.)

FB: Shelton

RB/FB: Brown

PS: Goldberry, Gates

Cut: Burns
The plot thickens Brown is gone.

ShadowHawk7
05-17-2005, 06:25 PM
The plot thickens Brown is gone.

Lol, great prediction on my part.

In that case, I say Gates gets the RB/FB spot, and everything else stays the same.

wchutalkinboutwillis
05-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Lol, great prediction on my part.

In that case, I say Gates gets the RB/FB spot, and everything else stays the same.
Based on last year's heart driven performance (especially in San Fran) Shaud Williams will have to fall flat on his face to lose a spot on the team. I think Burns, Lee, and Gates will be duking it out for the 3rd position.

LifetimeBillsFan
05-18-2005, 03:07 AM
I think that signing Lee is a preparatory move to a T.Henry trade somewhere down the line and that Lee and S.Williams will battle it out to see who will be the # 2 RB. Depending on how Lee does in competing with S.Williams for that job, Lee, Burns and Gates--and possibly Goldsbury--could be fighting for 2 roster spots where the ability to play well on special teams will be a major factor in deciding who gets those spots.

Right now it is hard to say how these battles will turn out because we don't really know whether Lee or Gates will better at the kind of tough running that the Bills will need from one of their back-up RBs. Or, whether one of them can show enough speed and elusiveness to make the coaches consider cutting S.Williams--who probably deserves a roster spot, but has some limitations as a # 2 RB.

And, it's even harder to say how much Lee, Gates or Goldsbury can bring to the table on special teams for the Bills. Burns has been a good special teamer, if really nothing else, and, for someone to take his roster spot, his replacement will have to be just as good in that area. Lee has some experience on STs in the NFL, although I'm not sure how good he is at anything other than returning kicks--which really isn't a need area for the Bills. Goldsbury apparently was a ST demon in college, but can he contribute as much as Burns on STs and be an improvement over him as a back-up FB as well. And, I don't even know whether Gates played on STs in college, let alone whether he will be able to contribute as much as Burns in that area.

While none of these RBs appears to be the ideal back-up for Willis, it's going to be a hell of a battle between them to see who makes the roster and it should be interesting to see how that plays out in the preseason. While I personally like S.Williams, Gates and Lee, the fact that the Bills are a power-running team and place a lot of emphasis on the performance of their special teams indicates to me that Burns and Goldsbury could have a pretty decent shot at making the team instead of one or even two of the guys that I prefer.

John Doe
05-18-2005, 06:20 AM
Depending on how Lee does in competing with S.Williams for that job, Lee, Burns and Gates--and possibly Goldsbury--could be fighting for 2 roster spots where the ability to play well on special teams will be a major factor in deciding who gets those spots.

Right now it is hard to say how these battles will turn out because we don't really know whether Lee or Gates will better at the kind of tough running that the Bills will need from one of their back-up RBs. Or, whether one of them can show enough speed and elusiveness to make the coaches consider cutting S.Williams--who probably deserves a roster spot, but has some limitations as a # 2 RB.

And, it's even harder to say how much Lee, Gates or Goldsbury can bring to the table on special teams for the Bills. Burns has been a good special teamer, if really nothing else, and, for someone to take his roster spot, his replacement will have to be just as good in that area..

Exactly right. Burns made the team by being versitile and by playing special teams. If you are going to be the third or fourth running back, then you have to be able to play ST.