PDA

View Full Version : Has Lee Evans Already...

Yasgur's Farm
05-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Lee Evans-
1st 8 games of 2004... 16 catches for 321 yards, 20.1 YPC and 2 TD's.
Last 8 games OF 2004... 32 catches for 522 yards, 16.3 YPC and 7 TD's.

EMO-
Last 8 games of 2004... 41 catches for 427 yards, 10.4 YPC and 1 TD.

The gap was rapidly closing in 2004!

EDS
05-17-2005, 07:02 PM
Not yet. He still benefits more from Moulds' presence then Moulds benefits from Evans presence.

Pride
05-17-2005, 07:22 PM
Yes.

I believe he has.. Eric is only 70% the WR he used to be. Which is still good... but definatly not top 15 in the league.

I guarantee that Evans is the one DCs will be gameplanning against. Which, should help Eric... if he can hang onto the ***** ball!

chubluv
05-17-2005, 08:11 PM
Moulds makes the great catches, but drops some easy passes. He is still our best though. I think Lee Evans has aways to go to be #1.

wchutalkinboutwillis
05-17-2005, 08:36 PM
Moulds makes the great catches, but drops some easy passes. He is still our best though. I think Lee Evans has aways to go to be #1.
Moulds is definitely still the #1 guy, at least for another year. The perception was that he was visibly frustrated with Bledsoe on a number of occassions. At the end of the season, Moulds was clearly not supportive of Drew's return and appeared to silently favor JP. If JP lives up to expectations, it wouldn't be a surprise to see Moulds improve over last years performance. Which was pretty damn good by the way.

schobelisdaman
05-17-2005, 08:53 PM
yea.......just like the other guys said basically........evans dosent have his stats without moulds and moulds dosent have his stats without evans.......and we cant speak too soon on lee being a #1 guy.......(Peerless Price)

BillsPride12
05-17-2005, 10:41 PM
Yes he is definately closing the gap, but he has yet to surpass it

camelcowboy
05-17-2005, 11:26 PM
The only thing that is keeping Moulds number one in my mind is his size. Thats the only advantage he has over Evans, and Parrish. Moulds should not be replaced until we can get a big possesion receiver that can move the chains. Thats why i think Aiken has the chance to be that receiver. Lets see how the new quarterback affects things before we judge to fast.

BuffaloRanger
05-18-2005, 01:28 AM
Well that and the fact that Moulds takes on all the double teams. Let's not rush Evans to #1 WR. Some guys never make that leap. If he's good for 1000yds from the #2 pos, that is a huge advantage.

Tinboy
05-18-2005, 01:46 AM
Evans is going to be watch harder this year, but that also means that Moulds will be more open this year. Personally I think this can only improve our game.

LifetimeBillsFan
05-18-2005, 03:47 AM
I think that E.Moulds is probably still the # 1 WR, but that L.Evans is getting close to overtaking him and could do so soon because of the rapport that he has shown that he has with JP Losman in the limited amount of time that JP has played in practices and games.

A lot will depend on JP's play, of course, but also on how well L.Evans adjusts as opposing defenses begin to shift their emphasis on to him instead of E.Moulds--which, as Pride pointed out, they will. It will be critical for L.Evans to not just avoid a "sophomore jinx" and pick up his game from where he left off last season, but to continue to improve his game to the point where he will be able to show that he can get open and make the big play when the opposition is focusing on stopping him. He hasn't had to do that yet, but, like P.Price, he will have to and he will have to do it better than P.Price has.

While E.Moulds may not be the WR that he was three years ago, he is still able to punish a team that doesn't pay enough attention to him. As opposing defenses are forced to shift their attention more to L.Evans because of his speed and rapport with JP, E.Moulds still has the ability to make big plays and, if he and JP can get on the same page, he could re-establish himself as a major threat in the passing game. While EMo may not be the kind of WR who can still consistently make big plays while being double-covered, he still has enough left in the tank to make teams regret single-covering him.

While I don't know if I'd go so far as to label Moulds and Evans #1 and #1A at this point, I do believe that they each make the other one better and more dangerous. Opposing teams have a choice: do you double the big, fast, former Pro-Bowler who can still burn you if you don't, or do you double the smaller, faster, young speed-burner who can kill you deep if you don't. Tough choice. And, I think that, with his speed, elusiveness and big-play potential, R.Parrish will make that choice even tougher for teams if he can show that he can get open and hang onto the ball in the pros. If the Bills can get the three of them working on the same page with JP together, watching them operate could be a lot of fun for Bills fans.

Of course, (let me say this before anyone makes a big issue of it) a lot is also going to depend on how well JP Losman is able to perform in the passing game as well--it's going to be up to him to make the right reads and get the ball to the WR who is open and in a position to catch the ball, so the numbers that the WRs are able to put up this season will depend a lot on how well JP is able to play at QB over the course of the season as well as on their own abilities.

pleasesavedrew
05-18-2005, 12:11 PM
In a few years lee could be the new moulds

jamze132
05-18-2005, 02:34 PM
I really don't see why we have a "#1 receiver" per say. They are both productive and do different things better than the other. They both compliment each other. It's not like Moulds is way better a receiver than Evans. Experience wise, yes, but overall talent, it's a question that has yet to be answered. Anyways, they both compliment one another witch in turn makes defenses account and gameplan for both which is ideal.