PDA

View Full Version : Customize Your team

The King
05-17-2005, 06:44 PM
As I said earlier in the Off-season I am going to replicate everyones team in Madden and SIM the match ups as well. Please indicate your team colors in this thread along with any other preferences.

Team Name and Location

Helmet: Color/Logo/Stripe/Flat
Facemask: Color
Jersey: Style/stripe/logo/numbers
pants:color/stripe

Both Home and Away are needed.

I am sure most of you know madden enough to specify what logo and jerseys but those who dont just try and be as specific as possible.

Devin
05-17-2005, 06:59 PM
Oklahoma Outlaws

Stadium = Lambau Field

Helmet = My sig, the old USFL Oklahoma Outlaws helmet is in Madden so will be easy there. Color all black with red face mask.

Jersey = Black with red stripes on sleeve. Numbers are white with red trim.

Pants = Black with red stripes

For away its:

Jersey = White w/Black stripe Numbers are red with black trim
Pants = Black w/Red Stripe

ryjam282
05-17-2005, 09:19 PM
Super Deuces

Stadium = Arrowhead Stadium

Helmet = Red with any logo really, if you can put a # on it put 22 if not, just a plain red helmet is good.

Jersey = Red with white stripes on sleeve. Numbers are white with black trim.

Pants = White with red stripes

For away its:

Jersey = White w/red stripes Numbers are black with red trim
Pants = Red w/white Stripe

Socks = turqouise

R. Rich
05-18-2005, 06:17 AM
How are you going to be able to do this? I always thought that once you replace a team in Madden w/ a team you create, that team's roster is lost.

Ebenezer
05-18-2005, 09:10 AM
Ebenezer Norsemen
Cleveland Stadium

Helmet: Silver, no stripe, Emblem=Viking Longship
Facemask: Dark Maroon (blood red)
Jersey:
Home: Dark Maroon with silver numbers, silver pants, no stripes
Away: Silver with dark maroon numbers, silver pants, no stripes
sockes: dark maroon

RetroRaiders81
05-18-2005, 11:01 AM
How are you going to be able to do this? I always thought that once you replace a team in Madden w/ a team you create, that team's roster is lost.

I think when you select your team type (air it out, west coast ect.) you can select "fantasy" and select your roster. I was doing this last night but the damn game froze! Damn Xbox :mad:

R. Rich
05-20-2005, 08:19 AM
I think when you select your team type (air it out, west coast ect.) you can select "fantasy" and select your roster. I was doing this last night but the damn game froze! Damn Xbox :mad:

My Xbox works when it wants to, so I know what you mean. I was going to just leave it the way it is, but since I heard the X360 will NOT be backwards compatible when it comes out in November (Damn Microsoft!!), I guess I'll have to get my Xbox maintained so that I can continue to play the 40 or so games I have for it.

R. Rich
05-20-2005, 08:28 AM
Speaking of Madden and BZFL...

I put together my "Erie Assassins" personnel on the Bills team and played 2 games the other day. Here's how they turned out:

Game One: Bills (w/ Assassins current roster) 31 - Patriots 14.

This one started pretty boring. The first quarter was a punt fest as both defenses were stopping the opposing offenses. In the second quarter, Troy Brown got open behind Sean Taylor and burned the D for a 70 yard TD to put them up 7-0. On "Erie's" next drive, Byron Leftwich threw an interception to Tyrone Poole, who ran it back 58 yards for a score. The score @ halftime was 14-0 in the Pats' favor.

Early in the 2nd half, Leftwich completed a long play action bomb to Kelley Washington for a 66 yard TD to cut the lead in half. The D stuffed New England and got the ball back. On the next drive, Julius Jones was running like a madman, setting the "Assassins" up for a 1 yd QB sneak from Leftwich for the tying score. After forcing another NE punt, the "Assassins" got the ball in excellent field position. On the very first play, Jones burst through the line and juked Rodney Harrison en route to a 43 yd TD run. Score: "Erie" 21 - NE 14. The Pats got the ball and proceeded to drive down the field to get into "Erie" territory before Dunta Robinson stepped in front of a Brady pass and took it 72 yds for a TD! Score: "Erie" 28 - NE 14. With time running out, Brady went into full passing mode, but one of his throws was picked off by Jonathan Vilma. "Erie" then ran 3 plays, forcing NE to use their timeouts, and punted the ball back to the Pats. On NE's next play, Brady threw the ball once again to Vilma, and the "Assassins" ran the clock down to 2 seconds before David Akers kicked a 35 yd FG to end the game (Akers finished 1-2 in FGs while Vinatieri was 0-2).

R. Rich
05-20-2005, 08:41 AM
Game Two: "Erie Assassins" 24 - Philadelphia Eagles 21

This game was a battle of 2 good defenses, as neither team finished w/ 250 yds of total offense for the game.

"Erie" got the scoring off when Donovan McNabb was sacked by Jason Babin and fumbled. Bryan Scott scooped up the fumble and ran it back 57 yds for a score. For the rest of the first quarter, both defenses stood firm and the game was a series of punts.

In the second quarter, McNabb got his offense going w/ a nice long drive featuring those short West Coast passes he's known for. The drive ended w/ Chad Lewis catching a 7 yd TD pass from McNabb to tie the score. The "Assassins" got the ball back in time to have a nice drive of their own right before halftime, culminating in Ben Troupe's 13 yd TD catch. So, @ the half, "Erie" led 14-7.

The 3rd quarter was owned by the "Assassins", as they forced McNabb into an INT (Scott) and a couple of 3 and out possessions. The only score came from "Erie" kicker David Akers, who connected on a 49 yd FG to push the lead to 10. Score: "Erie" 17 - Eagles 7.

In the 4th quarter, "Erie" had a bit of trouble. Due to their inability to run the ball well (after running for 101 yds and a TD vs NE, Julius Jones finished w/ 16 carries for 10 yds and no score vs Philly), the "Assassins" could not kill the clock and made some mistakes as well. They increased the lead to 24-7 when Troupe caught his 2nd TD pass of the game, but then nearly imploded. McNabb hit TO on a long 72 yd TD bomb to close the gap to 24-14. The Iggles tried the onside kick next, but couldn't recover it. BUT...Leftwich was sacked and fumbled, and Corey Simon ran it back 50 yds for a TD. Score: "Erie" 24 - Philly 21. Now, the Iggles tried another onsides kick........and recovered it! But, the "Assassins" D toughened up and stopped Philly on downs. Leftwich ran the clock out and "Erie" had escaped w/ a close call. Final score: "Erie" 24 - Philly 21.

RetroRaiders81
05-20-2005, 10:20 AM
My Xbox works when it wants to, so I know what you mean. I was going to just leave it the way it is, but since I heard the X360 will NOT be backwards compatible when it comes out in November (Damn Microsoft!!), I guess I'll have to get my Xbox maintained so that I can continue to play the 40 or so games I have for it.
I had mine fixed a year or two ago, and it still messes up! :mad: And thats news to me, about not being able to use old games.:mad:

L.A. Playa
05-20-2005, 10:59 AM
Question I just bought Madden 2005 for my PC how do you make your team the team you drafted??

R. Rich
05-20-2005, 11:08 AM
Question I just bought Madden 2005 for my PC how do you make your team the team you drafted??

I haven't tried that yet, because I don't know how to do it without losing the original team's roster. Once you substitute your created team for an actual NFL team, you lose that NFL team's roster. I guess you could do it, if you replace a team that you haven't drafted any players from.

L.A. Playa
05-20-2005, 11:10 AM
guees i could replace barcelona dragons roster that way i dont care LOL

Canadian'eh!
05-20-2005, 01:45 PM
Worked out my UNI's....

Logo.... nothing for radiation or anything so I went with the good ole Canadian BEAVER....

our primary colour is RED, secondary WHITE

here's the design....

Home:
Helmet - White (can't see the logo with red) ... short w logo.. red facemask... red stripes

Jersey - Type 4
# - Type 1
Colour - Red
Stripe - White (wide)

Pants - Red
Stripe - White (wide)
Socks - White
Shoes - White

Away....
identical Helmet
reverse everything in colours.... except keep shoes white.
Socks will be single red stripe
Outline jersey numbers in Black.

RetroRaiders81
05-20-2005, 02:49 PM
guees i could replace barcelona dragons roster that way i dont care LOL
I'm pretty sure you can't do that.

R. Rich
05-20-2005, 02:51 PM
Yeah. I think I might try to just start a new franchise and do a fantasy draft. Maybe then, the players from the team I replace w/ my created franchise will still be available. I'll try it when I get home.

Regs25
05-20-2005, 11:08 PM
New England Wookiees
Stadium = New England Pats Gillette Stadium
I don't care what my uniform looks like, just as long as there is Brown and Black.
Thanks
P.S. M.I.G 4 Life

Sportsuser101
05-20-2005, 11:48 PM
Jersey Jaguars
Seattle Stadium

Seattle's real uniforms are fine

R. Rich
05-21-2005, 06:22 AM
I started a franchise w/ the Erie Assassins last night. Doing a fantasy draft doesn't help, either. I replaced the Dolphins (haha!!), since I didn't draft any Miami players for my team, but there were no Dolphins players available in the fantasy draft used to stock the teams. I don't see any way to actually create the teams and still be able to draft from ALL of the NFL team rosters.

Even still, I played the first 2 games of the season and won both. I beat Tennessee in the season opener @ home 20-7 (Julius Jones had 100 yds and a TD) and then beat Cincinnati on the road 38-21 (Byron Leftwich threw for over 300 yds and was named AFC offensive player of the week).

The King
05-21-2005, 06:54 AM
I started a franchise w/ the Erie Assassins last night. Doing a fantasy draft doesn't help, either. I replaced the Dolphins (haha!!), since I didn't draft any Miami players for my team, but there were no Dolphins players available in the fantasy draft used to stock the teams. I don't see any way to actually create the teams and still be able to draft from ALL of the NFL team rosters.

Even still, I played the first 2 games of the season and won both. I beat Tennessee in the season opener @ home 20-7 (Julius Jones had 100 yds and a TD) and then beat Cincinnati on the road 38-21 (Byron Leftwich threw for over 300 yds and was named AFC offensive player of the week).

When you create a team you can customize the roster. Its a lot of work but it can be done. I have 2 unis done so far but I havent bothered with teams yet where so many are still incomplete.

R. Rich
05-21-2005, 07:06 AM
When you create a team you can customize the roster. Its a lot of work but it can be done. I have 2 unis done so far but I havent bothered with teams yet where so many are still incomplete.

Even if you customize the rosters, you still will lose the roster of the team you replace. Like I said, I replaced Miami w/ my Erie Assassins. By doing so, the entire Miami roster (Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, Randy McMichael, etc.) was lost. I thought I could get around that by doing a fantasy draft when I started the franchise, but that didn't work.

The King
05-21-2005, 07:48 AM
Even if you customize the rosters, you still will lose the roster of the team you replace. Like I said, I replaced Miami w/ my Erie Assassins. By doing so, the entire Miami roster (Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, Randy McMichael, etc.) was lost. I thought I could get around that by doing a fantasy draft when I started the franchise, but that didn't work.

Replace a team that doesnt have any players like the Cards or the Browns

R. Rich
05-21-2005, 08:33 AM
Replace a team that doesnt have any players like the Cards or the Browns

Now why didn't I think of that?

The King
05-25-2005, 05:04 PM
Here is my team!

The King
05-25-2005, 06:07 PM
Ebenezer Norsemen

Devin
05-25-2005, 08:05 PM
Outlaws uni's should be hot.

R. Rich
05-26-2005, 06:31 AM
How do you get the uniform pics like that? Does it involve online playing? If so, I don't have my xbox set up for that.

Anyway, I'm 6 games into my franchise for the Erie Assassins. Since I had to get a new xbox console, I started a new franchise. My team is currently 5-1, with our only loss coming to the Patriots in the 3rd game. I think the score was 13-10 in that one. I just got finished beating down the Ravens 65-14. Were it not for a couple defensive breakdowns and Jamal Lewis (gave up a 79 yd TD run and a 40 yd TD rec to him), I might have posted my first shutout win. My defense has scored @ least one TD in 3 straight games. My running game is weak so far (Julius Jones has about 350 yds, 6 TDs through 6 games), but I have the 2nd ranked pass offense (Leftwich has thrown for over 1,600 yds w/ 14 TDs to only 3 INTs) and my defense is ranked #1 against the run and overall.

Forward_Lateral
05-26-2005, 06:38 AM
[QUOTE=MBBedard]

Team Name and Location-- Philly Bushwhackers

Helmet: Color/Logo/Stripe/Flat-- Flat White, Penn State Style
Facemask: Color--- Black
Jersey: Style/stripe/logo/numbers--- --Black with White Numbers, and a Blue Stripe, White Pants with a blue stripe, Black Shoes. Other set will be White with Black Numbers, Blue Stripe. Same Pants and Shoes.