PDA

View Full Version : Boston Back to Miami

LtFinFan66
05-18-2005, 01:20 AM
Not sure you guys knew this or care. Just thought I would throw it out there. If he stays healthy, he can be a beast. Guess we will see.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2005/05/18/a1c_fins_0518.html

LifetimeBillsFan
05-18-2005, 03:51 AM
Can he stay healthy and keep from being suspended for a whole season at this point?

LtFinFan66
05-18-2005, 04:07 AM
Can he stay healthy and keep from being suspended for a whole season at this point?Health is definitely a concern. Hopefully he learned his lesson as far as the illegal(in the NFL) substance goes. You are correct that if he gets popped again, it's bye-bye for a year. Lots of ifs involved but at the minimal base pay he will get, it could be a risk worth taking. Time will tell. Now I just hope AJ or Gus can get the ball to him!

The Spaz
05-18-2005, 04:39 AM
Please he is no longer a threat to anyone except himself and his team.

LtFinFan66
05-18-2005, 04:50 AM
Please he is no longer a threat to anyone except himself and his team.Well I guess we will see! He was looking real good in camp last year before hurting his knee. We can hope for good things and you guys can hope you are correct

SABURZFAN
05-18-2005, 06:00 AM
what's he running a 40 these days?

LtFinFan66
05-18-2005, 06:16 AM
what's he running a 40 these days?
I really have no clue actually?

Michael82
05-18-2005, 08:52 AM
Well I guess we will see! He was looking real good in camp last year before hurting his knee. We can hope for good things and you guys can hope you are correct
He was also juicing last year before camp. Did you see his arms? :shakeno:

IF he's off the juice, he will never be the same player again. But anyways good pickup. :up:

:snicker:

Bulldog
05-18-2005, 08:54 AM
Health is definitely a concern. Hopefully he learned his lesson as far as the illegal(in the NFL) substance goes. You are correct that if he gets popped again, it's bye-bye for a year. Lots of ifs involved but at the minimal base pay he will get, it could be a risk worth taking. Time will tell. Now I just hope AJ or Gus can get the ball to him!

For the veteran minimum, it's a risk worth taking.

OpIv37
05-18-2005, 09:05 AM
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice....

justasportsfan
05-18-2005, 09:05 AM
I'm almost sure he'll break in half if someone like Roscoe Parrish was to tackle him.

Voltron
05-18-2005, 10:23 AM
Some of you forget we have a player on our team (Daimon Shelton) that was out of football for a bit because of a banned substance and you don't see anyone complaining about him. For Vet min Boston is a steal for the fins. This is the football board not the smack zone. :shakeno:

Tatonka
05-18-2005, 10:28 AM
i dont care about the banned substances.. half the nfl is on them.. unless the guy is one strike away from being banned for a year.. which boston is..

but the main issue is that he is so fragile.. and it is due to his enormous size.. he has destroyed his body.

djjimkelly
05-18-2005, 10:43 AM
i dont care about the banned substances.. half the nfl is on them.. unless the guy is one strike away from being banned for a year.. which boston is..

but the main issue is that he is so fragile.. and it is due to his enormous size.. he has destroyed his body.

:posrep: im giving that u today bro becuz ur one of the only people who is like myself and isnt delusional that the whole league is on juice is one way or another

ExWNYer
05-18-2005, 11:26 AM
Not sure you guys knew this or care. Just thought I would throw it out there. If he stays healthy, he can be a beast. Guess we will see.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2005/05/18/a1c_fins_0518.html

Good. He's a fragile, malcontent...just one more reason to not fear the dolfelons. :peace:

Italian Stallion
05-18-2005, 12:09 PM
He wears nipple rings and paints his nails....He and the fish deserve each other.

justasportsfan
05-18-2005, 01:32 PM
I wish the bills had such a luxury signing though.

Michael82
05-18-2005, 02:34 PM
I wish the bills had such a luxury signing though.
:ill:

FinNasty23
05-18-2005, 06:13 PM

IF he's off the juice, he will never be the same player again. But anyways good pickup. :up:

It is physically impossible for him to have been juicing before camp last year. He lost 20-30 lbs. You cant lose weight while taking steriods... its impossible. Now, was he takin steriods after he got injured? yes. I have no doubt that he was and most likely was taking them and probably to help him recover from his injury. Did he take them when he was a pro bowler? No one knows for a fact but you got to believe he was. Especially in SD, HE WAS 265!! Off the juice can he be a solid #3 or #4 WR? ya. He adds depth that we needed. He wont be a starter and no one expects him to be, but he does add depth.

Nasty

justasportsfan
05-18-2005, 06:16 PM
If Saban can straighten him out, he could do damage. He hasn't done well with authoritative coaches though like Shotty. Mcmike may whine if he deosn't get the ball too.

Devin
05-18-2005, 06:19 PM
David Boston lol.

Kerr
05-18-2005, 06:38 PM
If he goes back to his early Arizona Days, look out.

Canadian'eh!
05-18-2005, 06:42 PM
Laugh all you want.... But, Boston is off the roids now and better than ever.... even keeping in shape by running a lot:

http://www.mensracing.com/photos/ingnycmarathon03/ingnyc46.jpg

Kerr
05-18-2005, 06:48 PM
Laugh all you want.... But, Boston is off the roids now and better than ever.... even keeping in shape by running a lot:

http://www.mensracing.com/photos/ingnycmarathon03/ingnyc46.jpg

:lmao:

Bling
05-18-2005, 07:25 PM
Some of you forget we have a player on our team (Daimon Shelton) that was out of football for a bit because of a banned substance and you don't see anyone complaining about him. For Vet min Boston is a steal for the fins. This is the football board not the smack zone. :shakeno:

Damn it Voltron, we don't need people to show us the view outside those red and blue glasses. Keep your opinion to yourself.

Bling
05-18-2005, 07:28 PM
It is physically impossible for him to have been juicing before camp last year. He lost 20-30 lbs. You cant lose weight while taking steriods... its impossible. Now, was he takin steriods after he got injured? yes. I have no doubt that he was and most likely was taking them and probably to help him recover from his injury. Did he take them when he was a pro bowler? No one knows for a fact but you got to believe he was. Especially in SD, HE WAS 265!! Off the juice can he be a solid #3 or #4 WR? ya. He adds depth that we needed. He wont be a starter and no one expects him to be, but he does add depth.

Nasty

Damn. Would you like to rebuttal, Mikey?

capitolneal
05-18-2005, 07:53 PM

bruce smith fit that bill didn't he? but hey boston for min is a great buy

Michael82
05-18-2005, 08:35 PM
Damn. Would you like to rebuttal, Mikey?
Yeah, who's going to throw to him? Feeley? Frerotte? :rofl:

:roflmao:

feelthepain
05-18-2005, 09:17 PM
Some of you forget we have a player on our team (Daimon Shelton) that was out of football for a bit because of a banned substance and you don't see anyone complaining about him. For Vet min Boston is a steal for the fins. This is the football board not the smack zone. :shakeno::bf1: Bravoooooooo!!!!! Great post!!!!! It's about time one person on this board understands the game and is a realist. This is a new season with all the upgrades to the fins O this year, Boston should help stretch the field giving R.Brown room to make some things happen underneath. I think with Linehans O we should be a far more agressive team. If the fins can keep the D rested we should be in good shape for the last quarter of the season.

camelcowboy
05-19-2005, 12:50 AM
Congrads Dolphin's fans on your new receiver. A locker room cancer, who's best years were when he was juiced up, and who is comng off of knee surgery. They should spoon feed him some more roids and stick him at left tackle, at least there he would be a upgrade lol.:up:

Shasta McNasty
05-19-2005, 09:18 AM

Nasty

You can lose weight while taking steroids. Not all steroids just make you bigger. Do some research if you don't believe me.

finsrclowns
05-19-2005, 09:49 AM

He never took any steroids. It was flaxseed oil.

feelthepain
05-19-2005, 10:16 AM
Congrads Dolphin's fans on your new receiver. A locker room cancer, who's best years were when he was juiced up, and who is comng off of knee surgery. They should spoon feed him some more roids and stick him at left tackle, at least there he would be a upgrade lol.:up:

Yeah, you'd like to believe wouldn't you? I guess every player on the fins team is either old, slow, or is a cancer. What an uneducated football fan you are. Like it or not the games still have to be played and unless your god you don't know who's gonna win the series this season between the Bills and Fins, what will you say if the old,slow, canceres Fins beat the Bills this year?? "Oh, the fins just got lucky"!!! Whatever it is, it will be easy to predict coming from you. So talk all the uneducated smack you want. BTW, I thought you weren't responding to my posts anymore?!?!?!?

justasportsfan
05-19-2005, 10:19 AM
Yeah, you'd like to believe wouldn't you? I guess every player on the fins team is either old, slow, or is a cancer. What an uneducated football fan you are. Like it or not the games still have to be played and unless your god you don't know who's gonna win the series this season between the Bills and Fins, what will you say if the old,slow, canceres Fins beat the Bills this year?? "Oh, the fins just got lucky"!!! Whatever it is, it will be easy to predict coming from you. So talk all the uneducated smack you want. BTW, I thought you weren't responding to my posts anymore?!?!?!?FTP , I challenged you to an avatar bet at FH. Did you read it? It's about Losman having better fantasy nos. than your boy Feeley by mid-season. So far no one has accepted my challenge.

camelcowboy
05-19-2005, 10:21 AM
Yeah, you'd like to believe wouldn't you? I guess every player on the fins team is either old, slow, or is a cancer. What an uneducated football fan you are. Like it or not the games still have to be played and unless your god you don't know who's gonna win the series this season between the Bills and Fins, what will you say if the old,slow, canceres Fins beat the Bills this year?? "Oh, the fins just got lucky"!!! Whatever it is, it will be easy to predict coming from you. So talk all the uneducated smack you want. BTW, I thought you weren't responding to my posts anymore?!?!?!?
Sometimes your stupidy is just too much for me, i have to respond. BTW i wasn't responding to you. If you want to flatter yourself go ahead.

Bulldog
05-19-2005, 10:47 AM

Are you seriously trying to say that Boston isn't a problem child? Perhaps your're the one who needs to be educated. Look at the history of problems David Boston has had and tell me he's not a distraction. Look, I've already stated that Boston is a risk worth taking at vet-min, but lets not act like injuries are the only concern with him. For as many people on this board that you have labeled a homer, you need to look no further than yourself to see the true definition of a homer.

Devin
05-19-2005, 10:56 AM
Oh for crying out loud.

Firstly David Boston is about as scary as Rob johnson, forget the fact that hes been injured forever or that he cant stay off Roids. I understand there is hope against hope that "this time he means it", but Boston is done.

Either way even if he does play.....so what hes nothing, he is easily contained. Yes back in AZ he was a great reciever. How long ago was that?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-19-2005, 11:13 AM
I for one am very happy that Boston is a Dolphin again.

He'll take up a roster spot all year while they hope he "returns to form", and
he will also manage to be a distraction to some degree in the lockeroom.

I hope the guy makes a go of it, honestly. The league was more fun when he was mowing down CB's. It just won't happen this year.

Boston's signing is a good thing for the Bills, and that is all that matters right now.

Michael82
05-19-2005, 11:14 AM
Oh for crying out loud.

Firstly David Boston is about as scary as Rob johnson, forget the fact that hes been injured forever or that he cant stay off Roids. I understand there is hope against hope that "this time he means it", but Boston is done.

Either way even if he does play.....so what hes nothing, he is easily contained. Yes back in AZ he was a great reciever. How long ago was that?
Great post! :bf1:

feelthepain
05-19-2005, 11:26 AM
FTP , I challenged you to an avatar bet at FH. Did you read it? It's about Losman having better fantasy nos. than your boy Feeley by mid-season. So far no one has accepted my challenge.

I didn't see it, did you mean better rushing #'s? That I'll give you. Whats the bet??

feelthepain
05-19-2005, 11:32 AM
I for one am very happy that Boston is a Dolphin again.

He'll take up a roster spot all year while they hope he "returns to form", and
he will also manage to be a distraction to some degree in the lockeroom.

I hope the guy makes a go of it, honestly. The league was more fun when he was mowing down CB's. It just won't happen this year.

Boston's signing is a good thing for the Bills, and that is all that matters right now.
Do you also have the winning lottery #'s?? I didn't think so, How is you know it you know he won't be good this year??? A Bill fan predicting the future for the fins and ofcourse it's not a favorable ending!!! What did someone clone you guy's?? It's like the same crap from nearly every fan here, all bias uneducated fantasy world!!!

feelthepain
05-19-2005, 11:38 AM
Sometimes your stupidy is just too much for me, i have to respond. BTW i wasn't responding to you. If you want to flatter yourself go ahead.

I responded to a good positive post from a Bill fan for a change!!! What was stupid about it? Every time I post something you have an insult, will you ever grow up?

feelthepain
05-19-2005, 11:47 AM
Are you seriously trying to say that Boston isn't a problem child? Perhaps your're the one who needs to be educated. Look at the history of problems David Boston has had and tell me he's not a distraction. Look, I've already stated that Boston is a risk worth taking at vet-min, but lets not act like injuries are the only concern with him. For as many people on this board that you have labeled a homer, you need to look no further than yourself to see the true definition of a homer.

I never said he WASN'T a problem, but people change and his talent is undeniable. Add him to Chambers,Booker Thompson, and McMichael and the potential is great in a Linehan O plan. As for injuries every player can be injured. I don't see you posting aboutthe potential loss of McGehee. At the vet minimum Boston is a decent pickup for the fins. How am I a homer because I think Boston adds a dimension to our WR's? I didn't say he was going to be the best WR in the league, I just said I agree with Voltron that Boston is a good pickup for the fins. I think your getting carried away.

justasportsfan
05-19-2005, 11:49 AM
I didn't see it, did you mean better rushing #'s? That I'll give you. Whats the bet??

Pa2P - Passing Two-point Conversion 2 points
PaCmp - Passing Completion 1 point
PaInt - Passing Interception -3 points
PaTD - Passing TD 6 points
PaYd - Passing Yards 1 - 999 PaYds = 1 point for every 20 PaYds

Re2P - Receiving Two-point Conversion 2 points
ReTD - Receiving TD 6 points
ReYd - Receiving Yards 1 - 999 ReYds = 1 point for every 5 ReYds

Recpt - Reception 1 point
Ru2P - Rushing Two-point Conversion 2 points
RuTD - Rushing TD 6 points
RuYd - Rushing Yards 1 - 999 RuYds = 1 point for every 5 RuYds

Lost fumble -3 points.

Add them all up by mid season. This is between JP and Feeley. If Feeley or JP lose their job to the back-up at camp or at any point before the 8th too bad. We still count the total no. of points of Feeley and Losman.

The bet.... Avatar, sig, and title bet at FH . Winner chooses what to put on those. Loser has to post at least 10X per week.

You game?

feelthepain
05-19-2005, 12:00 PM
Oh for crying out loud.

Yeah good comparison, Rob johnson to a guy who lead the league in receiving yards and a probowl appearance. Every time a player joins the Fins the Bill fans have all the facts and know it all. You at like the new system here is still Wannys....well it isn't and we will have to wait and see if Saban and Linehan can get players to step up. You have no idea what the new coaching staff has planed. I think we have reason to be optimistic, but you believe what you want and say things that you want to happen because you pessimistic attitude towards the future of the fins is one that you share with the rest of your bias uneducated bill fans.

feelthepain
05-19-2005, 12:04 PM

Lost fumble -3 points.

Add them all up by mid season. This is between JP and Feeley. If Feeley or JP lose their job to the back-up at camp or at any point before the 8th too bad. We still count the total no. of points of Feeley and Losman.

The bet.... Avatar, sig, and title bet at FH . Winner chooses what to put on those. Loser has to post at least 10X per week.

You game?
Well considering your going to be taking a bigger chance then I, sure it's a bet!! Even if I lose it will be fun, this is the kind of stuff that makes having rival fans interesting to chat with. Maybe you should re-post this on Finheaven and see if have anymore takers.

justasportsfan
05-19-2005, 12:09 PM
Well considering your going to be taking a bigger chance then I, sure it's a bet!! Even if I lose it will be fun, this is the kind of stuff that makes having rival fans interesting to chat with. Maybe you should re-post this on Finheaven and see if have anymore takers.Cool. How do you want to deal w/ injuries? Deal is off if one goes down before the 5th game unless they comeback to play before the 9th game? (bet ends after the 8th game)

How long does the loser use the avatar? 1 month or rest of the season?

Na. I challenged the oldies . Forget the newbies who may not even show up to eat their crow.Remember, even if Gus beats out AJ, the bet is still on even if AJ does not make any points from the bench or JP for that matter.

camelcowboy
05-19-2005, 12:12 PM

Lost fumble -3 points.

You game?
I'll take a piece of that. Matter of fact ill add a side bet with feel the pain. If the dolphin's record is better than the bills i will put dolphin's all over everything, avatar, sig and i will go on the dolphins forum and take it in the rear from them. In exchange you do the sig, and the avatar thing with the bills and you have to post once a week on a positive highlight of the bills season. You have to be real convincing too. Are you game?

justasportsfan
05-19-2005, 12:14 PM
I'll take a piece of that. Matter of fact ill add a side bet with feel the pain. If the dolphin's record is better than the bills i will put dolphin's all over everything, avatar, sig and i will go on the dolphins forum and take it in the rear from them. In exchange you do the sig, and the avatar thing with the bills and you have to post once a week on a positive highlight of the bills season. You have to be real convincing too. Are you game?
you can make that bet with him here on BZ.

justasportsfan
05-19-2005, 12:17 PM

I'll clear up this part.
If JP scrambles for 5 yds in 1 run, that's 1 pt.

if he scrambles ofr 15 yds, that's 3 points.

Clear?

camelcowboy
05-19-2005, 12:20 PM
you can make that bet with him here on BZ.OK im in how about feelthepain, how much confidence do you have?

feelthepain
05-19-2005, 01:01 PM
Cool. How do you want to deal w/ injuries? Deal is off if one goes down before the 5th game unless they comeback to play before the 9th game? (bet ends after the 8th game)

How long does the loser use the avatar? 1 month or rest of the season?

Na. I challenged the oldies . Forget the newbies who may not even show up to eat their crow.Remember, even if Gus beats out AJ, the bet is still on even if AJ does not make any points from the bench or JP for that matter.

(bet ends after the 8th game) Look at you, You think your boy is all that, but you don't want the bet to be fair!!!!! If I'm going to do this you are gonna have to stop with your typical Bill's BS. We have a bye week in week 3 and yours isn't until week 9, an you want the bet to end on week 8....your not starting off on the right foot by trying to sneak that past me!!! And here I thought you were being decent for a change. Well I guess I was wrong about that. And don't try to tell me you din't know.

Well your bye week is week 9, so the bet has to go through week 9 as for injuries any injuries to either player at any point and the bets off, only because it's not a fair bet either way if one player is out unless 2-3rds(6 games minimum) of the bet is complete and we go by the numbers to the point of injury. The bet if off if AJ is beatten out by Freotte. I don't want to bet Freotte against PJ because I don't believe Freotte is a better QB then AJ, and I don't know much about him. Either way it's fair to both of us if we keep the bet just between AJ and PJ. Rushing yrds are out because you will have a distinct advantage and you know it. This will be a bet about the two QB's ability to lead their teams from the pocket comparing PJ to AJ in the running dept is like comparing McNabb to Bledsoe. This bet will be fair to both of us or it won't happen. You can't tell me PJ's greatest asset is his ability to scramble, I think he's like night and day when compared to Bledsoe but he will be winning for the Bills based on his smarts not his legs. By letting you use the rushing yards that put's a distinct advantage on your side and I will not allow the bet to be one sided.

As for the sigs and avatars anything Dolphins and Bills will do as for the length of time to display...the remainder of the season is fine. I look forward to the challenge. I think this will be fun. Just so you know, I think the Bills have talent and are a good team so it won't be tough for me to display their avatar. I just think most of the Bills fans are unrealistic and way over the top. Good luck!!!

feelthepain
05-19-2005, 01:13 PM
OK im in how about feelthepain, how much confidence do you have?

I'm already in a bet, pending an agreement with jutasportsfan, as for the bet with you I'd be taking twice the risk by betting two different bets while each of you bet just once. Wouldn't you agree? Look at it this way if I lose the bet with
jutasportsfan then you risk nothing but you reep the benefits.

Bulldog
05-19-2005, 01:18 PM
I never said he WASN'T a problem, but people change and his talent is undeniable. Add him to Chambers,Booker Thompson, and McMichael and the potential is great in a Linehan O plan. As for injuries every player can be injured. I don't see you posting aboutthe potential loss of McGehee. At the vet minimum Boston is a decent pickup for the fins. How am I a homer because I think Boston adds a dimension to our WR's? I didn't say he was going to be the best WR in the league, I just said I agree with Voltron that Boston is a good pickup for the fins. I think your getting carried away.

Look at my post, I too said Boston was a solid signing for vet-min. As for his talent, I haven't seen it since his ONE good year in Arizona. How long ago was that again? The reason I haven't posted about the potential loss of McGahee to injury is due to the fact that this thread was about Boston. And why is it that you feel the need to label every person on this board as a homer and uneducated? I'm starting to think that someone has a severe inferiority complex.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Do you also have the winning lottery #'s?? I didn't think so, How is you know it you know he won't be good this year??? A Bill fan predicting the future for the fins and ofcourse it's not a favorable ending!!! What did someone clone you guy's?? It's like the same crap from nearly every fan here, all bias uneducated fantasy world!!!

Sorry man, but predicting this particular facet of the upcoming season takes very little skill. No way Boston has a big impact this year. It's just not going to happen. Make sure you point out our "foolishness" when he makes the probowl this year, ok?

If I honestly thought there was a chance he would be himself, I would not be predicting a poor showing. But there is no evidence that he is anything more than a shadow of his former self.....and in the NFL, that equates to low production.

It's not really cause he is a fin......he wouldn't put up big numbers anywhere in the league. And you gotta admit that Miami isn't really an ideal situation for a WR to put up big numbers.

Hey, I hate the Pats more than I hate the Fins....and I would love to believe that they are going to tank this year.....but I can't say for sure because they keep surprising people every year. When was the last time David Boston surprised anyone? Other than his dad when he saw his son's piercings, lipstick and painted nails, of course.

justasportsfan
05-19-2005, 01:31 PM
Look at you, You think your boy is all that, but you don't want the bet to be fair!!!!! If I'm going to do this you are gonna have to stop with your typical Bill's BS. We have a bye week in week 3 and yours isn't until week 9, an you want the bet to end on week 8....your not starting off on the right foot by trying to sneak that past me!!! And here I thought you were being decent for a change. Well I guess I was wrong about that. And don't try to tell me you din't know.

the reason why I said by mid season is because I can't wait for a whole year. Besides it's 8th game for both teams. Don't get your panties all bunched up. That's why we are still discussing and finalizing things and clearing up any questions we both have. Relax.

I don't think JP is all that but I do think he's better than AJ. You were b!tchng about bills fans putting words in your mouth and you're doing the same thing.

The bet if off if AJ is beatten out by Freotte. I don't want to bet Freotte against PJ because I don't believe Freotte is a better QB then AJ, and I don't know much about him. Either way it's fair to both of us if we keep the bet just between AJ and PJ. Rushing yrds are out because you will have a distinct advantage and you know it. This will be a bet about the two QB's ability to lead their teams from the pocket comparing PJ to AJ in the running dept is like comparing McNabb to Bledsoe. This bet will be fair to both of us or it won't happen. You can't tell me PJ's greatest asset is his ability to scramble, I think he's like night and day when compared to Bledsoe but he will be winning for the Bills based on his smarts not his legs. By letting you use the rushing yards that put's a distinct advantage on your side and I will not allow the bet to be one sided.

What? didn't you make this claim?

Is
your RB better??? I don't think so, is your QB better? I don't think so, are your WR's better? I don't think so, are your TE's better? I don't think so, Is your Oline better? I definetly don't think so!! Is your D better? UHHHH...NO!

Well seems to me you think your entire team is better. So what are you worried about? Put your money where your mouth is. Back yourself up or else you'll end up looking like someone who pulls his thoughts out from his ASS.

JP Losman's ability to scramble is part of his tools that makes him better than other qb's which is why we got rid of Drew in the first place. You knew JP could scramble so why did you say you don't think our qb's are better?

Don't forget, if JP scrambles there's also a bigger chance of him getting hurt.

Since you are so sure AJ is better, then you shouldn't worry about Gus beating him out especially since you think Gus is not better than Feely.

Your Oline doesn't even come close to ours as far as talent, if you go by last year and try to tell me the talent was the problem then you'd be showing your lack of football knowledge. Our problem was coaching not talent.

Well if coaching was your problem, you have a better coach now. You brag about Linehan too in another post. I can pull out more of your posts but this should be enough for now.

Put up or shut up.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

feelthepain
05-19-2005, 01:44 PM
Look at my post, I too said Boston was a solid signing for vet-min. As for his talent, I haven't seen it since his ONE good year in Arizona. How long ago was that again? The reason I haven't posted about the potential loss of McGahee to injury is due to the fact that this thread was about Boston. And why is it that you feel the need to label every person on this board as a homer and uneducated? I'm starting to think that someone has a severe inferiority complex.
I never said everyone here!!!! I said nearly everyone here!!! Go back and read most of the resposes to my posts from Bill fans, they insult me just because Im a Fins fan, what should I do Ignore them??? I'd like to but I feel the need to defend my team against ridiculous posts from uneductated fans, just go back through this thread to see how fans treat a rival fan and unless your one of the bias uneducated fans you'll see that the fans here don't care to talk football unless your a Bill fan and think the Bills are the best team on the planet..Way to be unbias and eductaed!!

Boston started his career with two stright seasons of over a thousnand yards then he started taking steroids and bulking up to big to run on his frame. Last year he was down to about 230 and he tore his a tendon in his knee. Injurys happen it's part of football. He hasn't lost his talent, he's just made some bad decsions. Even if this thread isn't about Willis how can you bring up a potential problem for the fins while you quietly ignore the same fact in a player you think has so much potential? You throw something out there thats a reality for most teams with players that have a major injury. So for you to bring that up as a problem is a bit of a no brainer but you fel the need to say it anyways. Why??? Because you don't want the fins to win a be competetive. I honestly believe your fans would rather eveyone stunk and walked thorught the playoffs much like the Eagles the last five years rather then play teams tough and win because your better, how sad!!

feelthepain
05-19-2005, 01:52 PM
the reason why I said by mid season is because I can't wait for a whole year. Besides it's 8th game for both teams. Don't get your panties all bunched up. That's why we are still discussing and finalizing things and clearing up any questions we both have. Relax.

I don't think JP is all that but I do think he's better than AJ. You were b!tchng about bills fans putting words in your mouth and you're doing the same thing.

What? didn't you make this claim?

Well seems to me you think your entire team is better. So what are you worried about? Put your money where your mouth is. Back yourself up or else you'll end up looking like someone who pulls his thoughts out from his ASS.

JP Losman's ability to scramble is part of his tools that makes him better than other qb's which is why we got rid of Drew in the first place. You knew JP could scramble so why did you say you don't think our qb's are better?

Don't forget, if JP scrambles there's also a bigger chance of him getting hurt.

Since you are so sure AJ is better, then you shouldn't worry about Gus beating him out especially since you think Gus is not better than Feely.

Well if coaching was your problem, you have a better coach now. You brag about Linehan too in another post. I can pull out more of your posts but this should be enough for now.

Put up or shut up.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just becuase your QB's a scrambler and mine isn't doesn't make your QB better. Do you think McNabb or Vick are better then Peyton and Brady??? I don't think so!!!

You can agree with whats in my post or not, either way your the one who needs to put up or shut up!! You tried to pull a fast one,. Your smart enough to make a bet like this but your not smart enough to realize your rules gave you an advantage with the amount of games? If you can't follow through with a bet why try to make one??? AJ verses PJ, no rushing, week 9, take it or leave it, you think PJ's better!!! Put your money where your mouth is.

feelthepain
05-19-2005, 02:03 PM
Sorry man, but predicting this particular facet of the upcoming season takes very little skill. No way Boston has a big impact this year. It's just not going to happen. Make sure you point out our "foolishness" when he makes the probowl this year, ok?

If I honestly thought there was a chance he would be himself, I would not be predicting a poor showing. But there is no evidence that he is anything more than a shadow of his former self.....and in the NFL, that equates to low production.

It's not really cause he is a fin......he wouldn't put up big numbers anywhere in the league. And you gotta admit that Miami isn't really an ideal situation for a WR to put up big numbers.

Hey, I hate the Pats more than I hate the Fins....and I would love to believe that they are going to tank this year.....but I can't say for sure because they keep surprising people every year. When was the last time David Boston surprised anyone? Other than his dad when he saw his son's piercings, lipstick and painted nails, of course.

Yeah and I guess you knew the Chargers would go from 4-12 to 12-4 with the same QB or that Big Ben in Pittsburgh would win a record 15 games as a rookie!!! You don't know whats gonna happen or how players will play. Boston has two thousand yard seasons and a probowl but you know for a fact he will suCk this year, glad to see you know this and your not being the typical Bill fan and just posting your hopes as facts!!! But this is a Bills site so you must be right.

justasportsfan
05-19-2005, 02:04 PM
You can agree with whats in my post or not, either way your the one who needs to put up or shut up!! You tried to pull a fast one,. Your smart enough to make a bet like this but your not smart enough to realize your rules gave you an advantage with the amount of games? If you can't follow through with a bet why try to make one??? AJ verses PJ, no rushing, week 9, take it or leave it, you think PJ's better!!! Put your money where your mouth is.there'a difference between 8th "GAME" and 8th "WEEK" . I said 8th GAME .DUH!!!! Do you speak English?

What makes Farve a great qb? His ability to throw ON THE RUN. Mike Vck may not be an accurate passer but it's his ability to scramble that makes him a dangerous weapon.

So why will you take away JP's scrambling ability? Because you don't believe that AJ is better than JP or else you would put up. Don't go running like a freakin coward and coming up w/ excuses.

Guess what, I didn't make those criterias, your fellow finfan in FH did. I agreed. He backed out when I said the bet is still on even if Gus beats out AJ. You guys obviously have no confidence in AJ. You talk like JP is a rookie and when I challenge you, you freakin runaway like a little girl.

You imply you have a better OL, better rb, better QB etc. BACK YOURSELF UP!!!!!

Yeah, you're all talk. Chicken*****.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :snicker:

YOU got OWNED

feelthepain
05-19-2005, 02:34 PM
there'a difference between 8th "GAME" and 8th "WEEK" . I said 8th GAME .DUH!!!! Do you speak English?

What makes Farve a great qb? His ability to throw ON THE RUN. Mike Vck may not be an accurate passer but it's his ability to scramble that makes him a dangerous weapon.

So why will you take away JP's scrambling ability? Because you don't believe that AJ is better than JP or else you would put up. Don't go running like a freakin coward and coming up w/ excuses.

Guess what, I didn't make those criterias, your fellow finfan in FH did. I agreed. He backed out when I said the bet is still on even if Gus beats out AJ. You guys obviously have no confidence in AJ. You talk like JP is a rookie and when I challenge you, you freakin runaway like a little girl.

You imply you have a better OL, better rb, better QB etc. BACK YOURSELF UP!!!!!

Yeah, you're all talk. Chicken*****.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :snicker:

YOU got OWNED

Fine think what you like I'm done!!!

Devin
05-19-2005, 02:38 PM
Yeah good comparison, Rob johnson to a guy who lead the league in receiving yards and a probowl appearance. Every time a player joins the Fins the Bill fans have all the facts and know it all. You at like the new system here is still Wannys....well it isn't and we will have to wait and see if Saban and Linehan can get players to step up. You have no idea what the new coaching staff has planed. I think we have reason to be optimistic, but you believe what you want and say things that you want to happen because you pessimistic attitude towards the future of the fins is one that you share with the rest of your bias uneducated bill fans.

I am a football fan in general, yes I am a Bills fan but I love the game. The Dolphins are a very young inexperienced team. I know your trying to see the bright side, but any football fan can tell you Boston is trouble. Yes he had a good season a few years back...........so did Drew Bledsoe. And Ill be the first to say hes done as well.

Either way, all of his injuries and inability to kick steriods aside. David Boston is no threat.

justasportsfan
05-19-2005, 02:38 PM

:up:

finsrclowns
05-19-2005, 03:00 PM

What a joke! :funny: You come on this site, flame the Bills, flame the Bills fans, flame the mods, talk smack about your 4-12 fins, then when someone calls you on it you first agree to a bet, then you back away like a girl. :limp: No wonder you're a fin fan! Now here's what you can do. :shutup:

:squish:

Bulldog
05-19-2005, 03:22 PM
I never said everyone here!!!! I said nearly everyone here!!! Go back and read most of the resposes to my posts from Bill fans, they insult me just because Im a Fins fan, what should I do Ignore them??? I'd like to but I feel the need to defend my team against ridiculous posts from uneductated fans, just go back through this thread to see how fans treat a rival fan and unless your one of the bias uneducated fans you'll see that the fans here don't care to talk football unless your a Bill fan and think the Bills are the best team on the planet..Way to be unbias and eductaed!!

Boston started his career with two stright seasons of over a thousnand yards then he started taking steroids and bulking up to big to run on his frame. Last year he was down to about 230 and he tore his a tendon in his knee. Injurys happen it's part of football. He hasn't lost his talent, he's just made some bad decsions. Even if this thread isn't about Willis how can you bring up a potential problem for the fins while you quietly ignore the same fact in a player you think has so much potential? You throw something out there thats a reality for most teams with players that have a major injury. So for you to bring that up as a problem is a bit of a no brainer but you fel the need to say it anyways. Why??? Because you don't want the fins to win a be competetive. I honestly believe your fans would rather eveyone stunk and walked thorught the playoffs much like the Eagles the last five years rather then play teams tough and win because your better, how sad!!

I like to think that I am unbiased. And as far as your b!tching about how biased the fans are on this site, go look at some other sites and tell me they're any different. Let me guess, everybody at Finheaven is unbiased, right? And if you go back and read my post, I said that the injuries of Boston were NOT the only concern. I would be more worried about the mental part of him more than anything. And if you don't think that those injuries take a toll on the abilities(talent) of the athletes, your're not very bright. I find your last point is pretty amusing. I don't seem to recall any of the Dolphin's fans having any problem sweeping the Bills when Buffalo was 3-13 a few years back. I really could care less how good or bad each team in the AFC is, I just want Buffalo to win.

feelthepain
05-19-2005, 03:31 PM
I just want Buffalo to win.I'm sure you do, it's something you your team hasn't done well for the longest time.BTW most Bill fans here think the fins are old not "young and inexperienced".

feelthepain
05-19-2005, 03:38 PM
What a joke! :funny: You come on this site, flame the Bills, flame the Bills fans, flame the mods, talk smack about your 4-12 fins, then when someone calls you on it you first agree to a bet, then you back away like a girl. :limp: No wonder you're a fin fan! Now here's what you can do. :shutup:

:squish:

Oh well, no matter what I say or do you people have a problem with it, it's like a child that always has to have it's way. Vistors here are damned if they do and damned if they don't. So what should I do? Accept a bet that gives the advantege to your team??? Maybe thats how you gamble but I would rather the odds weren't so one sided. Seems to me PJ's best stats will be on the ground and someone wants to take advantage of that, and thats fine but not a my expense. I think AJ is better then PJ as a QB not a RB!!!

feelthepain
05-19-2005, 03:39 PM
I am a football fan in general, yes I am a Bills fan but I love the game. The Dolphins are a very young inexperienced team. I know your trying to see the bright side, but any football fan can tell you Boston is trouble. Yes he had a good season a few years back...........so did Drew Bledsoe. And Ill be the first to say hes done as well.

Either way, all of his injuries and inability to kick steriods aside. David Boston is no threat.

Well thats one opinion!!!! I disagree, I think Boston will make some noise this year.

justasportsfan
05-19-2005, 03:49 PM
Oh well, no matter what I say or do you people have a problem with it, it's like a child that always has to have it's way. Vistors here are damned if they do and damned if they don't. So what should I do? Accept a bet that gives the advantege to your team??? Maybe thats how you gamble but I would rather the odds weren't so one sided. Seems to me PJ's best stats will be on the ground and someone wants to take advantage of that, and thats fine but not a my expense. I think AJ is better then PJ as a QB not a RB!!!Oh puhlease. What you are trying to do is make a bet between Manning and Brady but Manning is not allowed to use his arms. :crazy:

Bulldog
05-19-2005, 03:50 PM
I'm sure you do, it's something you your team hasn't done well for the longest time.BTW most Bill fans here think the fins are old not "young and inexperienced".

And you wonder why people on here attack you. Enjoy another wonderful season of Dolphins football. I've heard that in honor of Ricky Williams, the slogan for the season will be the following : "Another season up in smoke." At least this year you won't have to worry about the annual December swoon, this year it will actually start at the beginning of September. I tried to have an intelligent coversation with you, but I should have known better. The mental midgets of the world all seem to have one thing in common, they're all Dolphins fans.

finsrclowns
05-19-2005, 03:52 PM
Oh well, no matter what I say or do you people have a problem with it, it's like a child that always has to have it's way. Vistors here are damned if they do and damned if they don't. So what should I do? Accept a bet that gives the advantege to your team??? Maybe thats how you gamble but I would rather the odds weren't so one sided. Seems to me PJ's best stats will be on the ground and someone wants to take advantage of that, and thats fine but not a my expense. I think AJ is better then PJ as a QB not a RB!!!

I've read many of your posts. You calling ANYONE childish is just funny. And whether you want to acknowledge it or not QB's pass and run and BOTH are part of what helps the team win, not just passing. It's like comparing RB's and saying pass receptions don't matter. :crap: The bet is one sided in your favor since Feeley has a lot more pro snaps under his belt but deep down you know he blows chunks. You're just anyone gutless fin wonder. :sorry:

Bulldog
05-19-2005, 03:54 PM
BTW most Bill fans here think the fins are old not "young and inexperienced".

Care to elaborate on what your're talking about here, genius?

Bulldog
05-19-2005, 03:55 PM
Well thats one opinion!!!! I disagree, I think Boston will make some noise this year.

Of course you do, you're such an uneducated homer. Fun isn't it.

feelthepain
05-19-2005, 04:11 PM
I've read many of your posts. You calling ANYONE childish is just funny. And whether you want to acknowledge it or not QB's pass and run and BOTH are part of what helps the team win, not just passing. It's like comparing RB's and saying pass receptions don't matter. :crap: The bet is one sided in your favor since Feeley has a lot more pro snaps under his belt but deep down you know he blows chunks. You're just anyone gutless fin wonder. :sorry:

I thought AJ sucks!!!!! I should be given a major hanicap for the odds since PJ is so great!!! That's all I've been reading here everyone is laughing at AJ's ability most here think AJ will lose to Gus in camp so why would you or anyone else here care if the running stats were to be taken out of the bet? You just want to insult someone becuase your a miserable Bill fan. I don't care what you think of me. Say whatever you want but most of your post's are filled with personal insults anyways, and you bring nothing to the table. If I argue the fins have more talent thats football talk you don't have to agree, but you and most here insult people, BTW if we were face to face I'll promise you you wouldn't be calling me a gutless wonder!!! But you go ahead and make that kind of statement from the saftey of your keyboard, and you call me gutless.

feelthepain
05-19-2005, 04:12 PM
Care to elaborate on what your're talking about here, genius?
Sorry wrong quote!!! It happens.

finsrclowns
05-19-2005, 04:38 PM
I thought AJ sucks!!!!! I should be given a major hanicap for the odds since PJ is so great!!! That's all I've been reading here everyone is laughing at AJ's ability most here think AJ will lose to Gus in camp so why would you or anyone else here care if the running stats were to be taken out of the bet? You just want to insult someone becuase your a miserable Bill fan. I don't care what you think of me. Say whatever you want but most of your post's are filled with personal insults anyways, and you bring nothing to the table. If I argue the fins have more talent thats football talk you don't have to agree, but you and most here insult people, BTW if we were face to face I'll promise you you wouldn't be calling me a gutless wonder!!! But you go ahead and make that kind of statement from the saftey of your keyboard, and you call me gutless.

:chicken:

Bulldog
05-19-2005, 06:50 PM
Sorry wrong quote!!! It happens.

And you say the people here are uneducated. Last time I checked using a message board wasn't that difficult. Keep up the good work genius! :lmao:

Bulldog
05-19-2005, 06:56 PM

Wow, a regular old message board tough guy! That whole statement just makes you sound even dumber than you already do. A wise man once said : It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and erase all doubt. You have done a pretty good job of erasing all doubt. :lmao:

feelthepain
05-19-2005, 09:53 PM
Wow, a regular old message board tough guy! That whole statement just makes you sound even dumber than you already do. A wise man once said : It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and erase all doubt. You have done a pretty good job of erasing all doubt. :lmao:
I don't see you shutting your piehole either!!! But once again more childish insults. Every single post on this site and all the wonderful adult Bill fans here act worse then a group of 3rd graders. Way to represent the Bills organization. I apologize and you can't even be an adult a accept it like an adult. No surprise though.

camelcowboy
05-19-2005, 11:37 PM
I don't see you shutting your piehole either!!! But once again more childish insults. Every single post on this site and all the wonderful adult Bill fans here act worse then a group of 3rd graders. Way to represent the Bills organization. I apologize and you can't even be an adult a accept it like an adult. No surprise though.
Then why do you continue to post?

Bulldog
05-20-2005, 07:39 AM

I tried to have an intelligent conversation with you. Then you have to start talking smack with your little comment about the Bills not winning much lately. And I really don't care that you apologized. One minuet you want to talk smack and the next you want to try to be civil about it. Make up your mind. And speaking of acting like a 3rd grader, way to threaten people on a message board, real mature.

justasportsfan
05-20-2005, 08:05 AM
I tried to have an intelligent conversation with you. .that's your biggest mistake. :snicker:
the homer thinks our qb's aren't better than theirs and then goes on to say "I thought AJ sucks!!!!! " and then wants a handicap for the bet? :crazy:

The homer can't even agree with himself. He can't even have an intellectual conversation w/ himself. I think you'll have to find out which voice in his head is actually posting that day to try to attempt to have a decent conversation w/ him/them .

Bulldog
05-20-2005, 11:31 AM

Speaking of representing an organization, look at this gem from Fanball:

Dolphins: Boston brought back

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Friday, May 20, 2005

News
The Dolphins have signed wide receiver David Boston to a one-year contract. According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Boston signed a one-year deal for the veteran's minimum ($540,000). Boston was released in March for salary cap reasons after sitting out all of last season with a knee injury and eventually being suspended four games for testing positive for steroids.

Views
Even if Boston is fully recovered from knee surgery, the odds of him behaving well enough to have an impact on the field this season are minimal. Meanwhile, coach Nick Saban is rapidly populating the Dolphins with head cases and ex-cons (rookie draft picks Channing Crowder and Matt Roth both were in trouble with the law for getting in bar fights while in college, and free agent rookie Abram Elam was convicted of sexual battery while at Notre Dame), and is still trying to get pot-head Ricky Williams to return to the team. We're sure this crew won't get into any trouble in South Beach.

Great organization Saban is building in Miami.

!Papacrunk!
05-21-2005, 02:51 PM
Good site here, I'm just your standard lurker, just keeping tabs on my fellow enemies/friends. If Boston can contribute, great. If he's the proverbial "cancer," cut him. I also wanted to contribute to at least one of the Dolphins related threads here that also has about 4-5 pages on this main forum. Good site, and I enjoy the rivalry. Oh, and I hate those darn darn Bills. BLEH :deadhorse

Bulldog
05-21-2005, 07:02 PM
Good site here, I'm just your standard lurker, just keeping tabs on my fellow enemies/friends. If Boston can contribute, great. If he's the proverbial "cancer," cut him. I also wanted to contribute to at least one of the Dolphins related threads here that also has about 4-5 pages on this main forum. Good site, and I enjoy the rivalry. Oh, and I hate those darn darn Bills. BLEH :deadhorse

Yeah, I agree with you. If Boston works out, great. If not, he was only signed for the vet min and could be dumped easily. I think it's a risk worth taking for the Dolphins. I just wouldn't rely on him for much of anything.