PDA

View Full Version : Shelton - Henry trade

NC-BILLS44
05-18-2005, 01:45 PM
There may be no need to trade Travis to AZ for Shelton.
Shelton may be cut June 1st. The Bills may be able to get him for nothing.

Any thoughts.

Mr. Miyagi
05-18-2005, 01:47 PM
Sure, that is, IF the Bills still want him at all.

NC-BILLS44
05-18-2005, 01:48 PM
Sure, that is, IF the Bills still want him at all.

True. But if they did and they thought they could get him, maybe they'll wait for him to get cut.

OpIv37
05-18-2005, 01:49 PM
This has been mentioned before. Honestly, I don't think we'll sign him. If the Bills liked him that much, he'd be on our roster right now. We still need o-line help so I wouldn't mind signing him if he comes cheap enough, but at this point I'd be really surprised. The coaches just seem to lack confidence in him.

If TD signs Shelton then manages to trade Henry to another team and still get something for him, he's going to look like a damn genius.

jamze132
05-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Don't want him.

wchutalkinboutwillis
05-18-2005, 02:20 PM
The closer we got to draft day it seemed the Bills did not want/need Shelton. But if they can pick him up at a bargain price....... Who knows?

Pride
05-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Perhaps Buffalo's lack of interest in him is simply a smokescreen so that AZ does cut him thinking they cant get anything for him.

OpIv37
05-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Perhaps Buffalo's lack of interest in him is simply a smokescreen so that AZ does cut him thinking they cant get anything for him.

that's exactly what I'm talking about- if that's what happens, it will be a brilliant move on TD"s part.

Mr. Miyagi
05-18-2005, 04:00 PM
But the question is, if he's any good at all, why isn't there any other team looking at him?

Canadian'eh!
05-18-2005, 04:20 PM
well.. the only question mark is.... I heard (before the LJ isn't that good talk, anyway) that his 3 million in salary was actually a very good deal.... if that was true he may have a bigger price tag in the open market when we could have had him under his current, allegedly bargain, deal.

wchutalkinboutwillis
05-18-2005, 04:39 PM
that's exactly what I'm talking about- if that's what happens, it will be a brilliant move on TD"s part.
I don't think it's brilliant if they really want the guy, which they obviously don't. If he does get cut, TD will have to compete with at least 3 or 4 other serious suitors. On top of that, Shelton and his agent are probably a little pissed at TD for not making the Henry deal work. So I'm not sure Buffalo would be at the top of their list.

Canadian'eh!
05-18-2005, 04:43 PM
But the question is, if he's any good at all, why isn't there any other team looking at him?

Because they know he'll get cut eventually maybe?

I know I don't buy the "LJ isn't really that good" talk out of TD.... smoke and mirros yet again.

NC-BILLS44
05-18-2005, 09:49 PM
Here's the first part.
Shelton released.

http://www.azcardinals.com/news/news_details.html?iid=2847

camelcowboy
05-18-2005, 11:54 PM
well.. the only question mark is.... I heard (before the LJ isn't that good talk, anyway) that his 3 million in salary was actually a very good deal.... if that was true he may have a bigger price tag in the open market when we could have had him under his current, allegedly bargain, deal.
Yeah, does the fact that no team had a interest to trade for him. That the bills have said that the coaching staff chose not to trade for him. He couldn't stick with arizona and their historically bad line. He's a overweight 1st round bust. Thats why i don't think he's worth the three million a year. So we might be able to get him even cheaper.