PDA

View Full Version : Wilson wants at least one more win

LABillsFan
12-17-2002, 04:46 PM
Ralph said he wanted 2 wins out of the next 3 games before San Diego came to town which puts in question GW's job security. The Bills have one of those 2 wins, now let's say, The Bills win in GB but lose at home aginst Cincy. Ralph has his 2 out of 3 wins but is that enough? I wouldn't bet against GW and KG game planning for Cincy this week to ensure the best chance to win that second game. Any thoughts?

Cntrygal
12-17-2002, 05:00 PM
They had better be planning for GB this week and Cincy next week. :madfire:

RedEyE
12-17-2002, 05:17 PM
A loss to GB is acceptable, but a loss to Cincy is too horrible to think about. Either way I see GW keeping his job another season.

WG
12-17-2002, 05:23 PM
You can count on a loss to G.B. There's no way on earth that we win that game or even keep the difference to under 2 TDs. G.B. is head and shoulders where we are.

IDK if we simply overperformed last week or what. But G.B. has both a running game and a passing game that we won't be able to stop.

Cincy, well, I'm not countin' anything until it actually happens w/ this squad. Besides, the Cincy offense has been solid lately.

TacklingDummy
12-17-2002, 05:30 PM
This sould have been a playoff team. If it wasn't for the horrible play of the defense we would of made the playoffs.

With the way the defense has played and with the way this team has been coached, we are lucky to be 7-7.

We should at least be 9-5 if not 10-4 right now. And the games we did win should not have been as close as they were.

iceblizzard69
12-17-2002, 05:52 PM
You won't lose to Cincy. You aren't that bad.

TigerJ
12-17-2002, 07:09 PM
I agree with everything you said, Wys Guy, except they still have to play the game. Last week I would have said there is no way the Jets lose to Chicago. Do I think Buffalo will beat Green Bay? No, but I'll still cling to that glimmer of hope that I made yet one more mistake on my Bills Pickem Zone site. I do think Buffalo will beat Cincinati and finish 8-8.

casdhf
12-17-2002, 07:25 PM
There's no reason we can't beat Green Bay. They have hardly looked good the last few weeks.

BillsMan80
12-17-2002, 07:56 PM
I don't know why everyone thinks GB is so impossible to beat. They have a piss-poor run defense, and their passing defense is no great shakes either. They have a great back like SD, but the difference is that they have a great QB in Favre. However, none of their receiving threats scare me. I don't even know if they have a 3rd WR to pick on Watson with.

Novacane
12-17-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by BillsMan80
I don't know why everyone thinks GB is so impossible to beat.

Since when is Wys everyone? I don't expect them to beat GB but I think they can and will not be shocked if they do.

Doc
12-17-2002, 10:59 PM
The Bills should spend this week and part of next week focusing on Green Bay, and use a day or two to focus on the Bungles. The 2 of 3 games thing is in the bag folks because the Bungles are a disgrace to the NFL. Hopefully in that game Takeo Spikes will get a glimpse of what the future as a Bill could be like and he starts champing at the bit to sign with them.

mackey789
12-18-2002, 03:09 AM
we have a chance at the playoffs ......GW better be gameplanning vs. GB!!!!

TypicalBill
12-18-2002, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by BillsMan80
I don't know why everyone thinks GB is so impossible to beat. They have a piss-poor run defense, and their passing defense is no great shakes either. They have a great back like SD, but the difference is that they have a great QB in Favre. However, none of their receiving threats scare me. I don't even know if they have a 3rd WR to pick on Watson with.

I agree, they cant stop the run and henry will have a solid day but they do have WR threats.

WR- Donald Driver
WR- Terry Glenn
WR- Robert Ferguson
WR- Javon Walker

Watson is gonna have to step his game up if he's gonna cover any of those wide receivers :( if not, it'll be a long day for us :sadwalk:

However, i think if we control the clock and run the ball therefore keep favre and company on the bench, i think we can pull it off :pray:

lunatic_bills_fan
12-18-2002, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
You can count on a loss to G.B. There's no way on earth that we win that game or even keep the difference to under 2 TDs. G.B. is head and shoulders where we are.

IDK if we simply overperformed last week or what. But G.B. has both a running game and a passing game that we won't be able to stop.

Cincy, well, I'm not countin' anything until it actually happens w/ this squad. Besides, the Cincy offense has been solid lately.

Im just glad you werent my dad growin up a Christmas. You sound like the Grinch.

:monte:

DIHARD2
12-18-2002, 05:06 AM
TacklingDummy, do you, really believe that we have the defensive players that should have put us in the playoffs??? I don't know what team you have been watching or listening to all season?? But the one I saw before the season started was a very undermanned front defensive line. The 46th was not use that much during the game, although for some reason everyone thought every play was the 46. Most of the time I believe we were running a 3 4 or 4 3 or a combination of the two and the 46.

All we did last off-season was built an offensive team, and even then it consists of mostly first and second-year players. You also have to realize that as the season went on, game films were created to were our opponents could see our weaknesses on the offense.

I didn't see anything more than an 8/ 8 team. Unfortunately what little bit I didn't see, was a team even in some games out producing their ability.

I look to this off-season, to be our defensive season to build. What's good about a defense is usually they jell as a team quicker, and our offense will now have three and two-year players on it. Look for a playoff run next year we didn't have the team to do it this year.

We all have to get realistic, and the media did not help by their hoopla in giving a lot of fans the wrong impression on how great we are.

Fact is, we only upgraded in the quarterback position on offense. We upgraded for the future with big Mike Williams, but the offensive line is not an easy one year wonder position to fill, like you get from the defensive side with a player like Julius Peppers.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

shelby
12-18-2002, 05:13 AM
i hope Gilbride commits to the run this week....Drew has been struggling.

justasportsfan
12-18-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Cntrygal
They had better be planning for GB this week and Cincy next week. :madfire:

Just like the great gameplan they had for the fins..........Pray for snow .They did the snow dance. That won't work against the cheeseheads.

I don't really know if they know how to do such a thing. Sometimes it seems like all they do during the game is cross their fingers and hope like lady luck will smile on them.

RedEyE
12-18-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by shelby
i hope Gilbride commits to the run this week....Drew has been struggling.

No worries BAMF - he won't :anvil: (Gilbride):dink:

shelby
12-18-2002, 08:11 PM
:tongue:
Someone should tell him to read the message boards in the Zone.
:lol:

Doc
12-18-2002, 11:05 PM
The Bills have a young and talented O-line. Besides Big Mike being a rook, remember that Jennings and Sullivan are only in their 2nd years, and both are first-time starters at their current positions. Teague is also pretty young at 27 (28 next week) and llikewise this is HIS first year starting in the NFL at center. The only guy who has been there awhile and at the position he's at for more than a year is Ruben, who I could see being replaced in the very near future because of age and cap reasons. Last but not least, I don't know if Vinklarek is at the level of getting them to where they need to be and I hope the Bills make a coaching change there, but I can live with seeing what he can do next year when the guys should be better.