PDA

View Full Version : What I thought about Rounds 30 to 40.

Sportsuser101
05-19-2005, 01:08 PM
Round 31

Best Pick: Jon Jansen; 2nd best RT in the league and was well worth the risk of him being out for the whole year
Sleeper: Kyle Boller; slowly improving and should have a good year with a healthy Heap and Ogden and Mason and Clayton on board
Reach: Derrick Blaylock; did score alot but he still is a backup and probably won't do that type of running on the Jets

Round 32

Best Pick: Jamie Winborn; breakout year on a bad team somehow went unnoticed until the 32nd round close to 600 players in
Sleeper: Chester Pitts; nice versatility; young offensive lineman who has started every game in his 3 years in the league
Reach: Pierson Prioleau; a 3rd string safety ahead of some capable starters? i'm guessing he took him for special teams but i thought it was early

Round 33

Best Pick: Igor Olshansky; nice versatility and perfect DE for the 34 but can also play DT in the tradiitional 43 defense
Sleeper: Reggie Williams; lot of upside and should develop more in year 2 with everybody on offense improving
Reach: Arnaz Battle; pretty good PR but don't think he's worth a pick this high for a middle of the road PR

Round 34

Best Pick: Kevan Barlow; didn't have a great year last year but still a good young back and should rebound with more offensive weapons
Sleeper: Jared Allen; alot of sacks but will never be good against the run; i think he's a 3rd down rusher but still early to develop
Reach: DeJuan Groce; could have waited at least 10 more rounds to pick Groce who lost his job in the Rams secondary; thats saying alot

Round 35

Best Pick: Jake Scott; young versatiliy guard/tackle who played alot on the Colts offensive line and only gave up 1 sack
Sleeper: Jacob Bell; started as a rookie and played well for a 5th round pick before his knee injury; good run blocker
Reach: Chris Hovan; no need to take this guy that early and thats saying alot when we're in the 35th round

Round 36

Best Pick: Steve McNair; yes he was hurt and yes he may still be hurt but I think he'll rebound and play very well; nice pick late
Sleeper: Demorrio Williams; it was close but both good picks by the Outlaws with Williams and Thomas; both amazingly athletic linebackers
Reach: Scott Shanle; a head scratcher to be honest; not really sure why he made this pick maybe he can tell us

Round 37

Best Pick: Ron Edwards; had a very good year as a backup last year and is now starter
Sleeper: Justin Smiley; very good pick last year who can pass block and run block well; 49ers are building a nice solid young offensive line
Reach: 3rd string RB and an ok KR not worth it

Round 38

Best Pick: Warrick Holdman; nice versatility at inside and outside and had a good year; still just 29
Sleeper: Ben Watson; great phsyical speciment who should make a good impact on the Patriots offense
Reach: Greg Lewis; not sure about this pick; played decent in the playoffs with 2 long catches but thats it

Round 39

Best Pick: Ross Tucker; nice versatility to play the inside offensive line spots and has played well when he has gotten the chance
Sleeper: Jerome McDougle; has been hurt alot his 1st 2 years and will be the starter this year alongside Kearse, Simon, Walker and Patterson
Reach: Charles Lee; had a halfway decent year in 03 but thats it 13.8 YPC and 0 TD is not much

Round 40

Best Pick: Todd Sauerbrun; 1 of the best punters in the league for years now; holder and occasional kicker is value as well
Sleeper: Michael Jenkins; He would have had a much better year on most other teams but with Vick he just didn't; should get better in year 2
Reach: Gerald Hayes; continues to move down the depth chart in Arizona and probably won't make much of an impact defensively

Michael82
05-19-2005, 01:21 PM
Nice I got 2 sleepers and 2 Best picks. :up:

L.A. Playa
05-19-2005, 01:26 PM
Just a side note on the Arnaz Battle pick he has been named a starting WR this year and also is Gunner eligble and had a pretty good year in that role and is my # 5 WR

Sportsuser101
05-19-2005, 01:28 PM
Just a side note on the Arnaz Battle pick he has been named a starting WR this year and also is Gunner eligble and had a pretty good year in that role and is my # 5 WR
I doubt he beats Conway, Woods or Hamilton to be the other WR opposite of Lloyd just my opinion.

L.A. Playa
05-19-2005, 01:30 PM
He has already been named the starter and Nolan loves him said he runs the best routes of any WR on the roster and has the best hands also Woods has been demoted to the #5 WR on the team and is being called a bust

Sportsuser101
05-19-2005, 01:31 PM
He has already been named the starter and Nolan loves him said he runs the best routes of any WR on the roster and has the best hands also Woods has been demoted to the #5 WR on the team and is being called a bust
We will see. Its not even mini camp yet. I doubt he is any better then the #4 WR.

Michael82
05-19-2005, 01:31 PM
I doubt he beats Conway, Woods or Hamilton to be the other WR opposite of Lloyd just my opinion.
I heard that Conway isn't even on the roster anymore.

Michael82
05-19-2005, 01:32 PM
We will see. Its not even mini camp yet. I doubt he is any better then the #4 WR.
He lives in California and hears a lot of 49ers news. Something tells me that he knows more about the WR competition than u.

L.A. Playa
05-19-2005, 01:33 PM
well Battle being a great Special teams player and # 5 WR on my team I really dont care if he starts or not next year they are al lon 1 year contracts for me was one of my roll of the dices we shall see what happens

Sportsuser101
05-19-2005, 01:35 PM
He lives in California and hears a lot of 49ers news. Something tells me that he knows more about the WR competition than u.
I'm saying he doesn't. I'm not saying Nolan didn't say that but I doubt Battle stays there. He doesn't have the ability to in my opinion.

Sportsuser101
05-19-2005, 01:37 PM
Woops.. correction. I'm not saying he doesn't.

Sabre Ally
05-19-2005, 01:52 PM
I'm not a he.

Michael82
05-19-2005, 01:54 PM
I'm not a he.
:rofl:

Sportsuser101
05-19-2005, 02:01 PM
I'm not a he.
Umm.. ok?

Michael82
05-19-2005, 02:05 PM
Umm.. ok?
:shakeno:

Reach: Pierson Prioleau; a 3rd string safety ahead of some capable starters? i'm guessing he took him for special teams but i thought it was early

Sabre Ally
05-19-2005, 02:15 PM
Sure Mikey, just quote the other two reaches while you're at it. lol. People kept taking my picks and I had to scramble to come up with someone to take.

Michael82
05-19-2005, 02:16 PM
Sure Mikey, just quote the other two reaches while you're at it. lol. People kept taking my picks and I had to scramble to come up with someone to take.
I was just quoting the fact that he called u a he.

Devin
05-19-2005, 02:17 PM
2 best picks and a sleeper!

I love these things, nice job Sportsuser101!!!!

:posrep:

Sportsuser101
05-19-2005, 02:18 PM
Ah ok. Don't look at the team names when I look at the players. Just look at the players. Sorry for calling you a he.

Sabre Ally
05-19-2005, 02:43 PM
no problem :D

The King
05-19-2005, 02:49 PM
I had 4 picks in the 30-40 range. I give myself a :up: for strategy

RetroRaiders81
05-19-2005, 05:19 PM
I didn't have any, but still a good read. Especially with the little debate at the end. :up: