PDA

View Full Version : Henry to Vikes???

wchutalkinboutwillis
05-19-2005, 10:25 PM
Now that Onterrio Smith is out for the year, do the Vikes enter the pursuit for Travis Henry? Smith was the leading rusher for Minnesota last year and Bennet has had injury problems. Things are shaping up well for a trade. I predict at least a 3rd rounder at this point.

http://theredzone.org/news/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=2715

Italian Stallion
05-19-2005, 10:33 PM
Nah, not the Vikings. I would be pumped about what Mewelde could bring to the table, and yes bennett has been hurt, but I'm pretty sure is alright now. Jax or Tenn seems more likely at this point, and I still think Hou. might have some interest just because of the inconsistant nature of D Davis, and Mornency being on the small side.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-20-2005, 08:11 AM
One thing about the Vikes is that they have plenty of cap room to absorb Henry's contract and give him a short extension.

Do they have anybody good to trade for, or would it just be a draft pick?

Jayhawk
05-20-2005, 08:20 AM
if we can get Fason out of them I'd do it.

TigerJ
05-20-2005, 08:26 AM
The Vikings will start Bennett and Moore will get a lot of carries. They have enough depth not to be hurting.

jamze132
05-20-2005, 08:45 AM
if we can get Fason out of them I'd do it.
They wouldn't have drafted my Gator mate if they wanted Henry.

ParanoidAndroid
05-20-2005, 09:33 AM
Bennett, Moore, Williams and Fason are enough. I don't think they need Henry.

Williams was solid in 2003 when Bennett went down early. This year, they used Smith and Moore because of injuries to Williams who still had 3 rushing TD's and one TD reception.

djjimkelly
05-20-2005, 10:22 AM
i think one thing no one is taking into account is what randy moss did for those RB's minnesota running 3 wr setswith a spread O and coverage and dbs already eyeing moss before the snap of the ball. this IMO has added at least a yard to these rbs avg carries for last couple years. im not so sure what kind of rbs these guys would be in traditional sets with a a FB or 2 TE's for a whole game. no buddy straches field like randy moss and forces teams to respect the deep ball. this could all change big time for vikes on O. just a thought.

Gunzlingr
05-20-2005, 03:19 PM
i think one thing no one is taking into account is what randy moss did for those RB's minnesota running 3 wr setswith a spread O and coverage and dbs already eyeing moss before the snap of the ball. this IMO has added at least a yard to these rbs avg carries for last couple years. im not so sure what kind of rbs these guys would be in traditional sets with a a FB or 2 TE's for a whole game. no buddy straches field like randy moss and forces teams to respect the deep ball. this could all change big time for vikes on O. just a thought.
Good point, I hadn't looked at it that way.