• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Titans still interested in Henry...

From the Nashville Tennessean:

The relevant section:

Although Reese has publicly downplayed his efforts to trade for Henry, who is unhappy with his situation in Buffalo, the Titans and Bills have been discussing a deal since the April 23-24 NFL Draft. Their most recent conversation was earlier this week.

The Bills have remained firm in their demand of a third-round pick for Henry, but so far the Titans haven't been willing to go that high.

"We have no control over that, that is all their deal," Reese said of the Bills. "I don't think it is their No. 1 priority to let him go right now. I think the owner really likes the guy, the GM likes the guy and they are probably saying this is a player who can help us."
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Agreed - as much I as don't want him in the locker room, you know he is going to play hard since he'll need to prove to other teams he's worth the big money next year. So he could be useful *as long as* he doesn't create problems.

Comment

• Luisito23
      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
      • Apr 2003

I still can't believe that Henry is only gonna go 4 a lousy pick.....
      I'm positive that T.D. is not going 2 allow our team 2 get cheated out of a proven 1,000 yard runner....
      I rather just keep Travis 4 the entire season because I highly doubt that he will sit out knowing that he's gotta have a monster year 2 multiply his pocket space....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!..........

P.S..... REGGIE MILLER you'll be missed to the fullest..............
      they'll never be any clutch player as great as you were!!!!!
      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Turf
        • Jul 2002

I wouldn't trade him. I'd give him another million this year to back up and keep him happy.
        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• HAMMER
          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Turf
          I wouldn't trade him. I'd give him another million this year to back up and keep him happy.
          You would almost double his salary "to keep him happy"?
          He should be happy he's making a million five and shut his hole. It's a far cry better than the $7.75 he would make at Church's Chicken.

Comment

Working...
          X