• Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Bills Daily notes on Henry/Titans and Bills possibly moving

According to Fantasy Football Mastermind:

-- Titans Talking to Henry, But... --
    Sat May 21, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

Bills Daily reports, citing NFL.com, the Tennessee Titans are talking with RB Travis Henry about a new contract if he is traded to Tennessee. The Titans still don't appear ready to match the Bills trade demands of a third round pick however.

-- Bills Could Move After Wilson Passes --
    Sat May 21, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

Bills Daily reports Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson told the Sports Business Journal that he can't guarantee the Bills will stay in Buffalo when his lifetime has passed. He did say the team will be in Buffalo as long as he's around. He re-iterated that his family does not want to own the team when he is gone. His estate cannot put stipulations on the sale of the team, which means Wilson or his estate cannot force a buyer to keep the team in Buffalo.
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Here is the NFL.com note from Adam Schefter that Bills Daily used as a source:

So at this point, it looks less than likely George will wind up returning to Tennessee. The Titans don't seem to be in any rush on a running back, even though Chris Brown broke his hand this week. They have staged significant contract talks with running back Travis Henry over a new deal, but they're not willing to surrender much compensation to the Buffalo Bills to acquire him. So for the time being, it's in a holding pattern, especially with general manager Floyd Reese now taking some time off from work.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

All Ralph is saying is that he'll have no control of who owns the team and what they want to do with it, because he'll be dead. It doesn't mean it WILL move. He just doesn't know.

Chances are, some rich guys in Rochester will buy it and keep it in Buffalo.

Comment

• wchutalkinboutwillis
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
        All Ralph is saying is that he'll have no control of who owns the team and what they want to do with it, because he'll be dead. It doesn't mean it WILL move. He just doesn't know.

Chances are, some rich guys in Rochester will buy it and keep it in Buffalo.
        Why wouldn't Jeremy Jacobs but the team? He's a huge supporter of the Bills and played a crucial role in keeping the team in Buffalo. He lives 15 minutes from the stadium. He already owns the Bruins so he knows the ropes of owning a professional franchise. He's on Fortune's list of wealthy Americans, owns a big growing company in dowtown Buffalo,etc, etc. I"m surprised we don't hear more about him as a potential buyer when the time comes.
        On another note, Ralph has made a committment to keep the team around for as long as he's alive. I think that's pretty encouraging since he's never made a statement that strong before. So would he sign another lease if he's still alive after the current deal expires in 7 years? He's a man of his word so I guess he would.

"If I had my way, I'd shuffle off to Buffalo. Sit by the lake and watch the world go by." Fogerty

Comment

• Stewie
          Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by wchutalkinboutwillis
          Why wouldn't Jeremy Jacobs but the team? He's a huge supporter of the Bills and played a crucial role in keeping the team in Buffalo.

Jacobs doesn't have enough money.

He has a net worth of only (only?) 750 million. Assuming that a good chunk of that is based on his dad's company that he expanded, he'd have to leverage his company to buy the bills one way or another. Maybe he can't/won't do that.

Tom Golisano, for example, has a net worth more than twice as much ($1.6 billion).
          Originally posted by Topdog
          Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
          Originally posted by mercyrule
          I love Weiner.
          Originally posted by mercyrule
          also cheese

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

How old is Ralph anyway, mid 80's?

Comment

• Stoneludlow
              aka: STONEHENGE
              • May 2005

If the Bills ever move from the region I may have to root for the Browns. We supported their fans when Art Moovedell took them South to become the Ravens, until they got the team back in Cleveland. I hope they will return the favor.

May the Pisspuss Squeelers fold before the Buffalo Bills move.
              This has been a "View From the 'STONEHENGE'"

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                • Aug 2004

Bills shouldn't be allowed to move
                http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by JJamezz
                  How old is Ralph anyway, mid 80's?
                  A young 86.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Buffalo should buy the bills like the Packers. If not ,maybe Wegman?
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• djjimkelly
                      • Apr 2003

tom golosano dont know how to spell his name but he could buy the team very easily isnt he a top 10 richest man in the US?

Comment

• wchutalkinboutwillis
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        Buffalo is probably enduring the worst financial crisis of it's history. I don't see how it could possibly happen. But, the Bills are not just important to Buffalo and Erie county, they are also very closely watched by the state. Worst case scenario, someone from downstate steps up, buys the team, and keeps them local. There are plenty of political ties that could make that happen. No matter what anybody says, as long as the owner is willing to invest, the Bills are going to be a profitable organization. Ralph Wilson has made a very, very good living off of this football team. And guess what, there could be more money made in another city, but because of the strong fan base, the Bills are a safe bet to consistently make money every year.

"If I had my way, I'd shuffle off to Buffalo. Sit by the lake and watch the world go by." Fogerty

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by wchutalkinboutwillis
                          Buffalo is probably enduring the worst financial crisis of it's history. I don't see how it could possibly happen. But, the Bills are not just important to Buffalo and Erie county, they are also very closely watched by the state. Worst case scenario, someone from downstate steps up, buys the team, and keeps them local. There are plenty of political ties that could make that happen. No matter what anybody says, as long as the owner is willing to invest, the Bills are going to be a profitable organization. Ralph Wilson has made a very, very good living off of this football team. And guess what, there could be more money made in another city, but because of the strong fan base, the Bills are a safe bet to consistently make money every year.
                          I agree, but the investment by the city would be a sure thing. If the bills leave, the city will defenitely go down. It wouldn't be like the Fast Ferry where no one really knows if it's gonna generate income for the city of Rochester.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            Oh God. He'll move it cross town and call them the Rochester Grociers.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                              • Jul 2002

The League won't let a city own another team. The only reason GB gets to is because they are grandfathered in. Seems like Cleveland tried this when Modell moved the team.
                              You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

Working...
                              X