X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jayhawk
    • Aug 2004

JP to be on ESPN radio next

He's going to be on with Sean and Darren.
    http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

• juice
    • Aug 2003

What's the good word?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• lordofgun
      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

I was listening and he called Travis Henry a child molester!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Bulldog
        Top Dog
        • Jan 2003

Anyone happen to listen and know what he said?
        I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
          • Feb 2005

As posted on bb.com MB by user name Lee_Evans

Just in case anyone missed the interview with Sean Salisbury on inside the huddle over ESPN radio today, heres a synopsis.. .

though its not much that we havent heard before...

On the Winslow/Roethlisbeger motorcycle stories..
          He has not or would not ride a motorcycle, though he said as most kids growing up he always had a desire to try... though he doesnt want to hurt himself or his career.. and has no plans in the near future to get on one anytime soon. And he would approach someone on his team, face-to-face, if they were not responsible like BR and riding with thier helmet off.

On his preparedness and nervousness of being a starting QB...
          He said that the nerves hasnt hit him yet, though he is sure to get some butterflys in the first game.. He has put in a ton of work this offseason to prove that he deserves this starting role, and that it wasnt just given to him. He said he heard the talk that he was just given the posistion. So he has worked every day to learn this offense to prove to the veterans on the team that he deserves to play on the field.

On his team..
          He said the Defense is still unbelievable, and the ST is always still ready to go... That this team is on the verge of greatness and the only thing holding them back the last two years was the offense. They had the weapons to do it.. but it takes a QB to take them to the endzone and do what he can to get them there... If they are 3rd and 6 or 3rd and 8, its up to the QB to hit the hot read or make the play to get them that first down.. and that hasnt happened in a while..(sounds like he mocks Drew without saying his name)..

On Willis..
          He said while in Tulane he watched a ton of film on McGahee in Miami. He said he is just a bigger version now from that college kid. He said they would have to ask Willis about how his knee is, but he said that he watched Willis in camp this spring and he said that he hasnt seen McGahee this fast and prepared EVER!!.. he said Willis is the quiet one that leads by example.. that Willis has been the MAN in the gym, and has carried the respect of the team in the huddle by the way he plays hard ALL THE TIME!

On his weapons..
          Said he cant wait to work with these guys on the field. That he is not affraid to get a little ear full from a WR in the huddle to get him the ball.. Cause he says that he is going to be so prepared each game that they will see that he will be making the correct read everytime and that there will be nothing they can really complain about.

Though I also forgot that he talked about playing under Drew..
          He said that he was a great guy and called him when he was drafted, and answered all his questions on the practice field.. but he plays a different game than JP. He said he learned Drews way of the game, but its not exactly how he will play his.

Comment

• Bulldog
            Top Dog
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by draz54
            Thanks!
            I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
              • Feb 2005

Anytime.

Comment

• Turf
                • Jul 2002

Thanks for the info Draz.
                Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

everything I've done in my life it's always a central theme that hard work and preparation pays off. I like JPs work ethic. If he is in fact working that hard then we are going to be a big time contender this season...perhaps one of if not the strongest team in the league.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                    • Aug 2004

damn our offense is going to be fast, dear god.

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloJayhawk
                      damn our offense is going to be fast, dear god.
                      it's exciting isn't it? On paper we are very good...if these guys click together it's going to be scarry...but that remains to be seen.

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

That this team is on the verge of greatness and the only thing holding them back the last two years was the offense. They had the weapons to do it.. but it takes a QB to take them to the endzone and do what he can to get them there... If they are 3rd and 6 or 3rd and 8, its up to the QB to hit the hot read or make the play to get them that first down.. and that hasnt happened in a while..(sounds like he mocks Drew without saying his name)..

I'm glad he made that comment! Payback's a ***** for when Drew said, "I'll never be a back-up ESPECIALLY for JP."
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                          • Feb 2005

Bledsoe would always say "We're gonna continue to work to find out what the problem is". That statement was always empty to me because I never had the feeling that a longterm solution to the problem would be found (IMO... DB was the problem).

Now we have a QB that recognizes the talent he is surrounded with and seems to be willing to accept personal responsibility. That's refreshing fellow Bills fans. I'm looking forward to having a field general again.

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

I wish I could not be lazy. Maybe I would have been successful in life. Every time I read about JP I hear about his work ethic. I just wish I had the motivation and commitment that he has, Oh well, someone gimme a beer!

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                              • Aug 2004

yeah I'm so jacked to beat up the FIns

Comment

Working...
                              X