PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on TH to Minnesota

jpdex12
05-22-2005, 10:28 AM
I've been away fro a couple of days so forgive me if someone has already touched on the subject.

With O. Smith out for a complete year and maybe more and M. Moore not being big enough to be a 20+ carry a game back and M. Bennett not being able to stay injury free and losing a step....I think that Minnesota is a prime spot for TH to land, but I haven't heard much news about the possibilities.

With Tennessee and Minny and maybe one other in the mix, we just might get a third round pick. Minny has plenty of ex Bills players on their team to befriend TH.

Oaklandraider
05-22-2005, 03:12 PM
He would be a great pickup for them he has all of the tools to be there feauture back and he'll proably win the starting job could be an evry down guy for them something they need.

Bling
05-22-2005, 03:21 PM
TH is a steal to whatever team he goes to. It's got to hurt losing your best RB because you guys went with the warm hearted story.

djjimkelly
05-22-2005, 03:31 PM
cmon bling TH while he is a serious RB he isnt the best RB on our team thats like saying feeley is a cant miss prospect while i think feeley will become a player at some point calling TH the best RB on our team is the same as saying my first thought

Oaklandraider
05-22-2005, 03:35 PM
Yeah it would be good for whoever gets him becuse a third or a second is not worth it for him he a very good back.

Jayhawk
05-22-2005, 04:10 PM
I'd give a third for TH

Oaklandraider
05-22-2005, 04:53 PM
No way the guy is a complete back what rook are you gonna find whos well polished like that.

jpdex12
05-22-2005, 05:02 PM
No way the guy is a complete back what rook are you gonna find whos well polished like that.
The Minnesota story is a perfect example of why TD is taking the process slowly. It will pay off if you think that getting a third rounder for TH is winning this hand of poker.

Charlieguide
05-22-2005, 05:32 PM
I'd be a little disappointed if all we get is a third for TH. If that's the asking price, some team out there will pull off a steal this summer.

Oaklandraider
05-22-2005, 07:34 PM
Well hey you cant win them all a third is better than anything I at least thought he would go for a late 1st rounder.

justasportsfan
05-23-2005, 09:48 AM
They would have to call themselves, The Minnesota Bills.

BillsFanInMass
05-23-2005, 10:02 AM
Its weird how minnesota takes all our players. Im just glad we stopped taking ex patriots already people around hear always call the bills the patriots north or the buffalo pats it gets real annoying.

don137
05-23-2005, 11:25 AM
I don't think TH will go anywhere until training camp unless a starter goes down for the year in mini-camp. I don't see any team giving a 3rd until a injury happens.

Jeff1220
05-23-2005, 12:22 PM
Its weird how minnesota takes all our players. Im just glad we stopped taking ex patriots already people around hear always call the bills the patriots north or the buffalo pats it gets real annoying.

Other than Drew and Lawyer, who else has come from the Pats? (And Drew is now gone) Those guys saying that are idiots.

BuffaloRanger
05-23-2005, 01:33 PM
Here's a scenario.

Fast forward to 6 Sep 2005. WM is still healthy, TH is still holding out, no starting RBs have gone down with injuries.

I would then be for a trade of TH for M. Moore straight up. With a conditional 6th rd pick (so we can pick another quality Olineman!!) if TH gains more than 1200 yds rushing.

At this point, WM will have stayed healthy through camp. TH wouldn't be coming back anyway, and Moore would be a great 3rd down back.

Anyone remember who JP handed the ball to at Tulane?

SABURZFAN
05-23-2005, 01:38 PM
Here's a scenario.

Fast forward to 6 Sep 2005. WM is still healthy, TH is still holding out, no starting RBs have gone down with injuries.

I would then be for a trade of TH for M. Moore straight up. With a conditional 6th rd pick (so we can pick another quality Olineman!!) if TH gains more than 1200 yds rushing.

At this point, WM will have stayed healthy through camp. TH wouldn't be coming back anyway, and Moore would be a great 3rd down back.

m.moore???they were the best two players that Tulane had.

jpdex12
05-23-2005, 07:49 PM
I'd be a little disappointed if all we get is a third for TH. If that's the asking price, some team out there will pull off a steal this summer.
Who's gonna offer us more after a second round pick was already taked about to obtain Edge and Alexander? We'll be lucky to get a third and we should be greatful seeing that we get sqwat for TH after the 2005 season is over. I don't see us using him much if he is with us during the year. He does not want to be with us and we want the next backup RB to be used to playing with our offense.

LifetimeBillsFan
05-24-2005, 01:02 AM
Who's gonna offer us more after a second round pick was already taked about to obtain Edge and Alexander? We'll be lucky to get a third and we should be greatful seeing that we get sqwat for TH after the 2005 season is over. I don't see us using him much if he is with us during the year. He does not want to be with us and we want the next backup RB to be used to playing with our offense.
Unfortunately I have to agree with you. With the glutted market for RBs this season and the way that a lot of scouts look at T.Henry's negatives, waiting for a starting RB to go down may be the only way that we can hope to get a 3rd rounder for T.Henry, even though he is probably worth more than that based on his performance and toughness.

Here's a scenario.

Superb suggestion! I would make that deal in a NYC second if I were the Bills, but I'm not sure Minny would--even though it would be to their advantage to do so.

Even though M.Tice hasn't shown a great deal of confidence in M.Moore, I think that he really has emotional attachment to the M.Bennett/M.Williams combo--in his mind he still sees what they could do before all of the injuries hit, rather than how much time they have missed and how they have played since--and he really believes they can get the job done. I don't know how he views C.Faison, who could emerge as a real factor for the team, but traditionally Tice has been loathe to give much responsibility to rookie RBs--the only reason that he played M.Moore last season was because he had no one else to turn to and he immediately cut back on Moore's playing time as soon as his vet RBs could play, even though they weren't as productive. (I followed the Minny RB situation very closely last season because at various times I had M.Williams, O.Smith and M.Moore on my fantasy football team and their playing time was of critical importance to my team's success/failure.)

In addition, I wonder if T.Henry would be interested in playing for Minny long-term--which could impact any potential deal. The carpet in that dome has not been kind to the careers of the RBs that have played there and I wonder if T.Henry would be willing to risk his future playing there for very long. If not, he probably wouldn't be willing to sign a contract extension with them and that might make them leery of trading for him.

Still, I think it would be in everyone's best interest if the Bills and Vikes could make a deal like this. However, I still believe that Jax or Tennessee are more likely places for T.Henry to end up.