PDA

View Full Version : Donahoe's hold 'em play looking good

The_Philster
05-22-2005, 12:11 PM
Pro football never sleeps . . .
A few days ago the Arizona Cardinals put offensive tackle L.J. Shelton on the street. Shelton is the mountainous offensive tackle whom Cardinals coach Dennis Green was trying to talk the Buffalo Bills into taking off his hands at the cost of assuming all or part of a huge contract the Cards signed with Shelton in one of their misguided moments.

Tom Donahoe was rapped for not trading Travis Henry, the Bills' unhappy running back, for Shelton or any sort of draft choice the Cards had lying around unspent. Now you can have Shelton as a bargain, maybe even the minimum salary. That assumes you are convinced Shelton can help your team. Donahoe wasn't convinced...more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050522/1068255.asp)

Jayhawk
05-22-2005, 12:27 PM
TD should still have Mouse look at him

The Spaz
05-22-2005, 01:14 PM

I'm sure he did when Shelton visited Buffalo.

LifetimeBillsFan
05-23-2005, 12:26 AM
The Bills' interest in Shelton seemed to have really dropped after his visit with the team. Based on what other players have said about their visits with the team, I'm sure that McNally met with Shelton while he was here since virtually every other FA who has been to town reported that he had met with his position coach during the visit. Perhaps that is why the Bills have shown so little interest in Shelton since then.

jamze132
05-23-2005, 02:43 PM
I kind of got the feeling a couple of months ago that Donahoe and Co. didn't really care for LJ Shelton. I don't know, but it just seemed that way.

BuffaloRanger
05-23-2005, 03:42 PM
McNally really must not like him.

It seems like McNally likes "Lunchbucket" "Blue Collar guys" possessing "Non-stop Motors" with "Mean Streaks" who can be "Road-Graders".

I would rather see the words "Blue-Chip", "Dominant", or "Pro-Bowler".

The Bills should sign LJ just to stick it to the Cards.

If LJ goes to another team and has a better season at LT than "found on the trash heap" Gandy, "I'll play anywhere/everywhere" Peters, "7th Heaven" McFadden, or "A week ago I was a bouncer" Bouncer, than the Bills will have outsmarted themselves.

mysticsoto
05-23-2005, 10:03 PM
McNally really must not like him.

It seems like McNally likes "Lunchbucket" "Blue Collar guys" possessing "Non-stop Motors" with "Mean Streaks" who can be "Road-Graders".

I would rather see the words "Blue-Chip", "Dominant", or "Pro-Bowler".

The Bills should sign LJ just to stick it to the Cards.

If LJ goes to another team and has a better season at LT than "found on the trash heap" Gandy, "I'll play anywhere/everywhere" Peters, "7th Heaven" McFadden, or "A week ago I was a bouncer" Bouncer, than the Bills will have outsmarted themselves.
Maybe. But if Shelton is upset that TD didn't want to trade for him initially - maybe feeling like he's not worth it, he might come here and not give his best - especially if he has to come for minimum wage. In that case, we've just wasted money, not to mention a roster spot for someone else who might really be willing to play. My guess is, McNally didn't like him. Shelton strikes me as lazy and like another Marques Sullivan - has potential...sometimes plays well, but doesn't give it his complete all and therefore never amounts to anything.

BuffaloRanger
05-24-2005, 03:29 AM
Damn. The money isn't guarenteed. Bring in LJ if he sucks/is lazy/has no heart/doesn't like chicken wings then the Bills cut him. And be willing to play and being good enough to play are different things.