PDA

View Full Version : Mcgahee A factor in the Henry trade?

camelcowboy
05-24-2005, 09:39 AM
www.billsdaily.com (http://www.billsdaily.com) John Clayton says the bills want to lock up Wills to a long term deal before they trade Henry. He also says on his quick hits that the bills have no interest in shelton.

I have never heard this angle on the whole trade before. They have Wills with 3 years left do you guys think that the bills should really be worrying about this now.

Im looking, but im having a hard time finding the Clayton link on Wills extention. Maybe its on insider.

Devin
05-24-2005, 09:58 AM
Absolutley, id lock Willis in for 5-6 years, actually very safe reasoning.

camelcowboy
05-24-2005, 10:08 AM
I agree lock him up, but i don't think it should hold up the trading of henry.

OpIv37
05-24-2005, 10:32 AM
if they trade Henry before Willis is locked in, it's highly unlikely that Wills will extend his contract. A few months ago, Willis said that he'd stay in Buffalo "if they pay me". His agent is Drew Rosenhaus, who is the closest thing to a human incarnation of Satan since Walt Disney. Clayton's said some stupid things this off-season, so I tend to take him with a grain of salt. But if he's telling the truth, I completely agree with TD on this move. Keep TH as a backup plan until we can lock McGahee in for his best years. Otherwise, he'll be demanding a TO/Peyton Manning type contract and we'll be hosed.

camelcowboy
05-24-2005, 10:37 AM
if they trade Henry before Willis is locked in, it's highly unlikely that Wills will extend his contract. A few months ago, Willis said that he'd stay in Buffalo "if they pay me". His agent is Drew Rosenhaus, who is the closest thing to a human incarnation of Satan since Walt Disney. Clayton's said some stupid things this off-season, so I tend to take him with a grain of salt. But if he's telling the truth, I completely agree with TD on this move. Keep TH as a backup plan until we can lock McGahee in for his best years. Otherwise, he'll be demanding a TO/Peyton Manning type contract and we'll be hosed.Damion Rosenhaus could have Wills sign the new deal, and then try to tear it up when wills has a good season. Contracts mean nothing with this douche, just look at the whole Owen situation. If Wills fits the standard model for Rosenhaus clients then henry being here doesn't matter. If the bills "show him the money" then he will stay, regardless of Henry.

lordofgun
05-24-2005, 11:04 AM
Seems stupid to me. Henry won't be a Bill in '06. You can't force him to sign a contract to be your insurance back.

Sounds like Clayton is off his rocker to me.

ExWNYer
05-24-2005, 11:36 AM
WM could sign a new contract before the season, run for over 2,000 yards during the season, and then be advised by that scumbag Rosenhaus to holdout for a newer, better contract after the season. Teams used to cringe when their players were represented by the Condon brothers...I bet they'd take the "Brothers C" over Rosensnake, any day. :crap:

camelcowboy
05-24-2005, 11:40 AM
Seems stupid to me. Henry won't be a Bill in '06. You can't force him to sign a contract to be your insurance back.

Sounds like Clayton is off his rocker to me.
I agree, stop dragging the feet if there is a trade make it happen. Even if they couldn't extend McGahee Henry is so pissed at this organization he will never want to play here again.

sdbillsfan2
05-24-2005, 01:47 PM
weather willis gets a long term contract or not , henry is gone by 06. That leaves willis and his devil born agent starting crap . look at the T.O. situation! I say dump Henry,and seriously look to the future for another body.I don't see willis lasting as long as his current contract is good let alone a new contract ! I hope I'm wrong but ...............

jamze132
05-24-2005, 09:33 PM
I would bet my wife and kid that McGahee holds out before his current contract expires because of that douchehole of an agent he has. I don't understand why Tagliabue doesn't ban this ****!

OpIv37
05-24-2005, 09:36 PM
I would bet my wife and kid that McGahee holds out before his current contract expires because of that douchehole of an agent he has. I don't understand why Tagliabue doesn't ban this ****!

it would be nice if the owners and GMs would ban together and refuse to deal with any player who he represents. But GM's have a tough time passing on players like TO and Willis- they're too good and attract too much $$$. Regardless of what they get paid, it's always worth it in the end for the owners and the league.

pleasesavedrew
05-24-2005, 09:37 PM
Two years ago we woulda said lcok henry up for 5-6 years and look what happened.

LifetimeBillsFan
05-25-2005, 02:25 AM
The average length of a RBs career in the NFL is 3.5 years and RB is the easiest position to find a replacement right out of college for in the NFL. As great as Willis has looked in the less than one full season that he has played, we all know the kind of serious knee injuries he has had already in his career. It would be a real risk at this point IMHO for the Bills to commit a lot of money over 6-7 years to him when, with his agent, he might not be willing to live up to his end of that committment if he has a spectacular season anyway.

Willis isn't going to give any less this year because he hasn't got a 6-7 year contract and there's no way that T.Henry will resign with the Bills to stay here as Willis' back-up after this season--so the idea that the Bills are keeping T.Henry as a hedge against W.McGahee holding out or not signing a long-term contract simply doesn't make any sense. The idea that the Bills might keep T.Henry as a back-up for this season as insurance in case Willis gets hurt makes more sense than that!

I think the best thing for the Bills to do is to try to trade T.Henry and wait to see if they can "steal" a good RB in the draft or as a free agent sometime over the next couple of years in case Willis decides to "take a powder" rather than resign with the team. Willis isn't going to do that this season and, if he tries it down the line, he could find himself in the same situation that S.Alexander and E.James are in right now.

J.Clayton, who has been in bed with Miami for the longest time, has seldom been a great source of inside information about the Bills and I generally take his reports with a grain of salt unless I see the same information appearing in other sources as well.

Bill Brasky
05-25-2005, 08:53 AM
J.Clayton, who has been in bed with Miami for the longest time.

I wonder how that relationship is going, considering he's one of the weirdest/ugliest looking dudes of all time.