PDA

View Full Version : Drama Thickens

camelcowboy
05-24-2005, 10:19 AM
I know we have been talking about the possiblity of Hippy Williams coming back to camp, but it appears that it is going to happen. Does this do anything to change the prospects of bills these season. Say what you want about their subpar QB play, and their aging defense. I think Ricky "if he is still the player he once was, and with Ronnie Brown they have a two-headed monster at running back.

Lee Steinburg says ricky will absolutely be back at camp.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3634840

OpIv37
05-24-2005, 10:24 AM
In '02 we beat them twice with Ricky there. In the '03 night game, Ricky only beat us because our O could't keep our D off the field. He had 140 yards but it was on 40 something carries- the average wasn't even close to 4 ypc. Also, don't forget Ricky's been hanging out in Asia smoking weed for a year- he won't be back to form for a few months, and I think he'll still have to sit 4 games due to the drug suspension. The Dolphins are definitely a better team with Ricky, but their QB still stinks, their D is aging and their secondary is already depleted by injuries. I don't think his return affects our prospects at all.

Mr. Miyagi
05-24-2005, 10:26 AM
Reports say that he's dropped 35 pounds to his now 195, and he's been out of it so I expect him to be rusty anyway. Plus most likely he's coming back just to be traded, since the phins already have Ronnie Brown they won't need the troublesome Ricky.

Let's just worry about stopping Ronnie Brown.

camelcowboy
05-24-2005, 10:28 AM
I hope he has the dreads when he comes back, so Posey can tackle him by them again.

camelcowboy
05-24-2005, 10:30 AM
Reports say that he's dropped 35 pounds to his now 195, and he's been out of it so I expect him to be rusty anyway. Plus most likely he's coming back just to be traded, since the phins already have Ronnie Brown they won't need the troublesome Ricky.

Let's just worry about stopping Ronnie Brown.
I honestly think there going to keep Ricky this year, and when/if he shows he can carry the load then dump him off when his values the highest.

The King
05-24-2005, 10:36 AM
He is under-weight he is not going to be a work horse.

camelcowboy
05-24-2005, 10:40 AM
He is under-weight he is not going to be a work horse.He hasn't changed, give him a joint and his munchies will get his weight back up. He can barrow Onterrio Smith's whizinator, Onterrio has no use for it now. Maybe williams, and Boston can rent it from him.

justasportsfan
05-24-2005, 10:56 AM
Reports say that he's dropped 35 pounds to his now 195, and he's been out of it so I expect him to be rusty anyway.that's why they hired Boston , to help RW buff up. :snicker: Won't be long , RW will be roiding too. I wonder what a potthead w/ roid rage be like. Pissed off but won't get up to do anything about it.

camelcowboy
05-24-2005, 11:00 AM
that's why they hired Boston , to help RW buff up. :snicker: Won't be long , RW will be roiding too. I wonder what a potthead w/ roid rage be like. Pissed off but won't get up to do anything about it.
With his voice already sounding like mickey mouse, can you imagine him when his testies shrink. lol he would sound like that annoying lady from Will and Grace.

Stoneludlow
05-24-2005, 11:06 AM
With his voice already sounding like mickey mouse, can you imagine him when his testies shrink. lol he would sound like that annoying lady from Will and Grace.
I always thought the same could be said about Michael Jackson & Mike Tyson.

ShadowHawk7
05-24-2005, 11:18 AM
Ricky was way overrated in his 2nd season w/ the Fins anyway.

justasportsfan
05-24-2005, 11:23 AM
can you imagine him when his testies shrink. I'd rather not.

ExWNYer
05-24-2005, 11:26 AM
I know we have been talking about the possiblity of Hippy Williams coming back to camp, but it appears that it is going to happen. Does this do anything to change the prospects of bills these season. Say what you want about their subpar QB play, and their aging defense. I think Ricky "if he is still the player he once was, and with Ronnie Brown they have a two-headed monster at running back.

Lee Steinburg says ricky will absolutely be back at camp.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3634840

RW's coming back for one reason and one reason only...he doesn't want to pay back $8 million to the dolfelons. He'll be a non-factor with regards to the Bills fortunes this year. Saban is taking RW back in the hopes of trading him to a team dumb enough to think that they can "salvage" him (and there will be someone, this is pro sports afterall). :down:

Mr. Miyagi
05-24-2005, 11:43 AM
I honestly think there going to keep Ricky this year, and when/if he shows he can carry the load then dump him off when his values the highest.
You think they are paying Ronnie Brown #2 overall money to sit on the bench while the rusty pothead carries the load? No way.

carybillsfan
05-24-2005, 11:44 AM
I also heard somewhere that a league official said the ricky still owes the league a 4 game suspension that he will serve at the start of the season. That means he will be out for their week 5 vist to the the Ralph(the dolphins have a bye in week 4). He maybe in game shape by week 13, but he still won't be a factor.

"He owes a four-game suspension provided he comes back after the one-year anniversary of his retirement,'' NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Friday.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/wires/05/20/2020.ap.fbn.dolphins.williams.0433/index.html

camelcowboy
05-24-2005, 11:59 AM
You think they are paying Ronnie Brown #2 overall money to sit on the bench while the rusty pothead carries the load? No way.
No, but im telling you Ricky Owes them 8.6 million dollars, He doesn't have the money, The next best way for miami to recoupe at least some of its investment is to play ricky some, and possible get something for him in a trade. Thats why i think he will get some playing time.

camelcowboy
05-24-2005, 12:02 PM
I'd rather not.
Thats out of context and you know it.....nevermind i deserved that.

Michael82
05-24-2005, 02:50 PM
As a football fan, I find it disgusting that the Dolphins would want Ricky back. This is the player that gave up and screwed his team over last year to smoke pot. He basically turned his back on his team when they needed him most. He's a selfish piece of **** and I think that the Dolphins deserve him.

Iehoshua
05-24-2005, 02:53 PM
Ricky's return wouldn't bother me. They are going to be working off a new coach, new system, new ideas. I see us sweeping them yet again, with or without Ricky.

Dicknoze69
05-24-2005, 03:40 PM
RW's coming back for one reason and one reason only...he doesn't want to pay back $8 million to the dolfelons. He'll be a non-factor with regards to the Bills fortunes this year. Saban is taking RW back in the hopes of trading him to a team dumb enough to think that they can "salvage" him (and there will be someone, this is pro sports afterall). :down:

I agree. I think he's only coming back for the cash, not for some renewed passion for football. He doesn't want to be $8 million in debt to the Fish, so he'll play a season, minus the 4 games he has to miss. After this season, Saban will look to unload him. (if Ricky makes it through the season without a bong hit)

Bling
05-24-2005, 05:14 PM
I think some of you fear Ricky. Why else would you guys talk about the moral of Ricky leaving for pot?

Samphin1
05-24-2005, 05:25 PM
As a football fan, I find it disgusting that the Dolphins would want Ricky back. This is the player that gave up and screwed his team over last year to smoke pot. He basically turned his back on his team when they needed him most. He's a selfish piece of **** and I think that the Dolphins deserve him.

Well, I don't want him on the Dolphins either. However, you act like Miami is selling their soul for him. The fact is, he will most likely play a backup role/role player in the offense and make league minimum. He breached his contract and the clause in the contract states that if he does so, his salary drops back to vet. minimum.

Plus, Miami is using him strictly as an ends to a mean. He is an insurance policy if anything happens to Brown and a nice card to have in your deck when it ocmes to trading. Saban will probably give him enough playing time to show that he eiher has it still or doesn't and will act accordingly ( i.e. trade or bench )

BillsFanInMass
05-24-2005, 06:32 PM
Ricky will become a raider wether its this year or next year. The raiders are the only team that would be dumb enough to take this guy imo.

LifetimeBillsFan
05-25-2005, 12:39 AM
....The fact is, he will most likely play a backup role/role player in the offense and make league minimum. He breached his contract and the clause in the contract states that if he does so, his salary drops back to vet. minimum.

Plus, Miami is using him strictly as an ends to a mean. He is an insurance policy if anything happens to Brown and a nice card to have in your deck when it ocmes to trading. Saban will probably give him enough playing time to show that he eiher has it still or doesn't and will act accordingly ( i.e. trade or bench )
For the most part, I agree. I think that this is a convenient way for R.Williams, his agent and the Dolphins to try to salvage something out of a bad situation: Rickey gets to avoid paying back some or all of the $8 plus million that he owe the team from his signing bonus, his agent gets to collect his percentage of whatever Rickey makes for another year and perhaps beyond, and the Fish get a proven back-up RB for 3/4 of a season who they might be able to deal to a team that suffers an injury at RB later in the season (or after the season to a team desperate for a proven RB), if he shows any of the ability that he had before taking off.

I also agree with those who say that he won't have that much of an impact on the Bills because he will miss one of the two games and, if he is playing that much in the second one, it will mean that something bad has happened with R.Brown who is the future for Miami at the RB position.

For the most part, it is a positive situation for Rickey, his agent and the team, but there are some pot-holes that could turn it into a negative: Miami will be paying R.Brown a lot of money to play and he will start the first 4 games of the season ahead of Rickey on the depth chart as Rickey serves his suspension--if Rickey is moved ahead of him when he returns, R.Brown is not likely to be a happy camper and you don't want one of the cornerstones of your team's future to be unhappy. Also, if Rickey is able to move ahead of R.Brown quickly after coming off more than a year out of the game, that won't speak well of R.Brown's performance and the team's ability to rely on him as their featured RB of the future. But, if Rickey doesn't move ahead of R.Brown and get enough carries, will he be able to get into enough of a rhythm to be effective and/or will Rickey, given that he has said that he is really only interested in playing a couple of more years, become unhappy with the situation? Rickey has been a power-runner who has been most effective when getting a lot of carries and been able to wear down defenses--it's hard to know whether he can be as effective as he was with a lot fewer touches. And, if he becomes unhappy or frustrated with getting a lot fewer carries or possibly being less productive, will he let that show and how will his teammates react to that after he had abandoned him the way that he did? If Rickey comes back and is unhappy with his role and shows it in any way--and you know that his every move will be closely scrutinized by the media!--that could create a real problem for the team in the lockerroom. And, then, what if Miami tries to trade Rickey to a team that he doesn't want to go to or that plans to use him in the same way that D.Wannstedt did--which Rickey objected to--and Rickey decides that he doesn't want to play for them? Rickey's trade value is already a lot less than it was because of his drug use has put him one failed test from a full year suspension and the way that he left the Fish last season, so, while Miami might be able to entice a team to take a chance on Rickey in a trade, it isn't going to be that easy for them to get much for him, especially if he balks at doing virtually anything that is asked of him.

While this could turn out to be a good situation for everyone involved, especially Rickey and his agent, I think that the team is running a bit more of a risk in the hopes that it can salvage something out of what has been a bad situation for them. I'm not sure how it will work out for them, but I seriously doubt that his return will have much of a negative impact on the Bills this season unless R.Brown goes down for the season and Rickey returns to his old form--which will have far more of a negative impact on the long-term future of the Fish. Miami fans have to hope that Rickey comes back, keeps his mouth shut all season long, does whatever is asked of him, returns to his old form and can be traded after the season for a mid-round draft pick. Now, that could happen, but it just as easily might not.