PDA

View Full Version : BZFFL#1 Playoff Semifinals Recap!

lordofgun
12-18-2002, 03:10 PM
<h1>BZFFL#1 Playoff Semifinals Recap!</h1><h3>Underdogs advance!</h3><p><b>Hart Attack (Don137) – 95<br>The Route 20A Cows (Philagape) – 87</b><p>Hart Attack (11-4) chased the Route 20A Cows (12-3) all year, but couldn’t catch the mighty Cows no matter how well they performed. Turns out they didn’t need to win the division to beat the Cows; they simply had to make the playoffs. They did just that by grabbing the only wild card spot, which allowed them to sneak by the Cows, who had to be the favorites to win it all!<p>Hart Attack had what looked like a banged-up squad. Marchall Faulk was hurting and scored only 3 points on the bench, so they started Marcell Shipp and Lamar Gordon who combined for 36 points! Donald Driver and Rod Gardner also scored in double-digits to lead this “no-name” team to the BZFFL#1 Superbowl!<p>The Cows could have easily won this game if they’d started the right people. Who would have thought that Daunte Culpepper would outscore Chad Pennington 45-14? The one move of starting Clupepper over Pennington would have won the game for the Cows.<p><b>Aero Planes (Aero II) - 116<br>Earthquake Zone (Earthquake Enyart) – 84</b><p>Hart Attack will face last week’s other underdog, Aero Planes (8-7), in the Superbowl. Earthquake Zone (10-4) had won 10 straight in a great run to make the playoffs, but this was the wrong week for their streak to be snapped.<p>Marvin Harrison and Trent Green led the way for the Aero Planes with 29 and 24 points respectively. Jerome Bettis and Priest Holmes also combined for 37.<p>Randy Moss came alive for Earthquake Zone. Too bad he was the only one who showed up as Tom Brady only scored 10, and their RBs combined for just 15. <p><b>SUPERBOWL PREDICTION:</b> It’ll be tough for Aero Planes to win without Priest Holmes. If Hart Attack’s RBs can come through for them, they could have an easy win, but that’s a big IF.<p>Computer Prediction: Aero Planes 77, Hart Attack 67

don137
12-18-2002, 06:38 PM
I am predicted to score only 67 points. Ouch...I must suck.

clumping platelets
12-19-2002, 01:56 AM
Hart Attack 99-98

don137
12-19-2002, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
Hart Attack 99-98
I knew I always liked you Clum. You make smart predictions...:biggrin: