PDA

View Full Version : Bills called about Edinger...

Italian Stallion
05-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Bills | Called About Edinger - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 24 May 2005 19:32:27 -0700

The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports the Buffalo Bills were the other team to call agent Ken Harris about PK Paul Edinger, before he signed with the Minnesota Vikings.

First Brien now Edinger....not to mention the guy in europe and the UDFA on the roster now. Mularkey is obviously pressing for this, his lack of confidence in Rian Smelldell really showed towards the end of last year.

Suposedly Edinger only picked Minny cuz they play in a dome...little apprensive about what you can do paulie?

OpIv37
05-24-2005, 09:42 PM
again, it's a good sign that we're looking for a kicker, BUT.... Edinger is not the guy we need. Minny bailed us out.

OpIv37
05-24-2005, 09:45 PM
Suposedly Edinger only picked Minny cuz they play in a dome...little apprensive about what you can do paulie?

I can't say I blame him. Look at Moorman (I know- punter/place kicker are different positions)- he loses the Pro Bowl ballot every year cuz that guy in Oakland who only plays 3 bad weather games a season has a slightly better average. If you had to do your job outside in Buffalo weather or in a climate-controlled environment, which would you pick?

Italian Stallion
05-24-2005, 09:51 PM
again, it's a good sign that we're looking for a kicker, BUT.... Edinger is not the guy we need. Minny bailed us out.

I agree....Edinger isn't great at all, but the fact that were looking is a good thing. Maybe it will scare Lindell straight

Charlieguide
05-24-2005, 11:11 PM
I'm curious about Elling, once Edinger takes over. I know that you might not want the guy bumped by Edinger, but something has been on my mind about him. For some reason, I'd like to see what he can do.

kevinj22
05-24-2005, 11:31 PM
All of this really leads me to believe that if Nugent was there we were definitely going to draft him! Now hopefully we can find an adequate replacement.

LifetimeBillsFan
05-25-2005, 03:17 AM
I agree. At this point it wouldn't surprise me to see the Bills bring in another kicker once some of them start to get cut in TC. It's nice to see that they recognize that they have a problem with Lindell and are starting to look around for someone who can beat him out.

I think kicking in a dome was a big factor in Edinger signing with Minny, but I also think he probably figured that he had a better chance of beating out Elling for the job than a more experienced guy like Lindell who has more of a history with the team.

don137
05-25-2005, 08:26 AM
When TD and MM talk to the media they always say how happy they are with Lindell. However, judging by their actions they don't seem thrilled with him and he is definitely no lock as the kicker for the Bills.

ParanoidAndroid
05-25-2005, 11:21 AM
When TD and MM talk to the media they always say how happy they are with Lindell. However, judging by their actions they don't seem thrilled with him and he is definitely no lock as the kicker for the Bills.

Or at least they want Lindell to second guess his job security. It's one way to get a kicker to put in more off-season work. His accuracy is good inside his range, but his form deteriorates in longer kicks. That's a leg strength problem that he can overcome. Early on in his career he had very good leg strength and a high percentage outside 40 yards. He should be able to recover that unless there is some injury that he is hiding. He's a technically solid kicker (he's never missed an extra point), but just like a car with no horsepower, he starts to shake when he has to turn on the juice.
On a side note....Pochman is not getting the work in Europe that they hoped. He has one attempt (which he made) and some dude from Indy is the starter.

ShadowHawk7
05-25-2005, 11:50 AM
I can't say I blame him. Look at Moorman (I know- punter/place kicker are different positions)- he loses the Pro Bowl ballot every year cuz that guy in Oakland who only plays 3 bad weather games a season has a slightly better average.

Yeah, :wtf:.
:mad:

LifetimeBillsFan
05-26-2005, 02:36 AM
Or at least they want Lindell to second guess his job security. It's one way to get a kicker to put in more off-season work. His accuracy is good inside his range, but his form deteriorates in longer kicks. That's a leg strength problem that he can overcome. Early on in his career he had very good leg strength and a high percentage outside 40 yards. He should be able to recover that unless there is some injury that he is hiding. He's a technically solid kicker (he's never missed an extra point), but just like a car with no horsepower, he starts to shake when he has to turn on the juice.
On a side note....Pochman is not getting the work in Europe that they hoped. He has one attempt (which he made) and some dude from Indy is the starter.
Very good points! I think I saw on BB.com that Pochman hurt his back in Wk 2 of the NFLE season--which is why he hasn't been kicking there. Even though didn't get to see much of Joe Rheem in college, from what I saw of him his senior year, I liked him more than Pochman, who may or may not have improved since then. With Pochman injured, he's no comp for Lindell, so I hope that the Bills consider bringing in another PK with a chance to compete after some of the initial TC cuts in August.