PDA

View Full Version : After what Ricky has done, no matter his skills...

im4bflo
05-25-2005, 12:12 AM
how can you take that piece of crap back?

LtFinFan66
05-25-2005, 12:31 AM
I am not sold on his returning. Marino gave his blessing but I am still pissed at that pothead!!

Samphin1
05-25-2005, 01:02 AM
Yeah I don't want him either. I think it is a temporary situation though. I think Saban knows what he is doing.

feelthepain
05-25-2005, 07:25 AM
I'll take him back no problem. I think even with a year off he's still a top 5 back in this league and with Ronnie, Ricky , Kay-Jay, and Gordon I think we have a very deep backfield. Besides having a top five back playing for the Vet minimum is OK with me. Ricky will be happy in this new O. Unlike Wanny, Saban and comp. won't run the ball 54 times a game. So I think with a one two punch of Ricky and Ronnie we have the best backfield in the AFC east if not the league. Whats not to love???

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-25-2005, 07:47 AM
How can you honestly say that Ricky is a top 5 back after a year off and losing 30 pounds? Hey, if everything went perfectly, and he was able to gain 15 pounds by September, get his head right, etc...he could be a definate asset to the Dolphins. I wouldn't count on Ronnie being a world beater in his first year....not many rookie RB's are. I think if Ricky comes back he will be the starter with Ronnie spelling him.
But putting him in the top 5 among backs like LT, Holmes, Alexander, et al this season is just not being objective. Of course, stranger this have happened I guess, and now that I think of it, if he hasn't lost his skill or mental toughness, it is hard to think of 5 backs that are much better than him. I guess there is just too much unknown at this point for me to consider him a top 5 back. If I were a GM picking, right now, from all the available backs, and my job was on the line, I think there are about 20 other backs I would take before Ricky. But a lot can change in 3 or 4 months.
At first I didn't see how he could ever play another down for the Dolphins, now I think it is even less likely that he gets traded. What other team would want to give up anything to take the risk that the Dolphins might? It is a strange situation, no matter what side of the fence you are on....and it will at least be interesting to see how it plays out. I guess I am betting that it won't work out, but for no good reason, really. I just have zero respect for Ricky and I have hated him since his days in N.O..

By the way Fin fans, can we have Sammy Morris back please? I miss that guy. We'll give you Joe Burns....or Shaud Williams. Hey you could have the Williams sisters..

Jeff1220
05-25-2005, 07:53 AM
From the interviews I saw last season, JT will put Ricky on the IR list during the first practice back. That guy was sooooo pi$$ed!

Pride
05-25-2005, 08:09 AM
That is the difference between faireweather fans like Miami has, and Buffalo Bills fans... there is NO way that dude is allowed to re-enter the city had he done that to the Bills...

He'd be killed at the airport!

Iehoshua
05-25-2005, 08:57 AM
Sheer desperation from a 4-12 team.

Dicknoze69
05-25-2005, 09:14 AM
If I was a Dolphins player, I would want nothing to do with him. He bailed on them so badly it's not even funny.

If I was a fan, I'd probably have the same attitude. You have no idea what you're getting. He could be a 235 lb. monster like before, or he could be in this solely for the cash. He's a giant question mark, and it's smart that Saban isn't relying on him.

Either way, him quitting essentially ended the Dolphins season last year, and I would be bitter and spiteful.

Samphin1
05-25-2005, 09:16 AM
That is the difference between faireweather fans like Miami has, and Buffalo Bills fans... there is NO way that dude is allowed to re-enter the city had he done that to the Bills...

He'd be killed at the airport!

I guess murdering people runs in your team's history eh? It is not about being a fairweater fan. Personally, I don't want him anywhere near Miami's lockerroom. However, I am not the coach and the coach makes the decisions. Saban wasn't here when everything went down, he can probably care less about it.

Anyone who doesn't admit that the prospect of facing Ricky and Ronnie in the same game isn't daunting, is lieing. Not to mention the wonderful work Kay Jay Harris has shown. Those three with Lamar Gordon, Sammy Morris and Heath Evans should make for a very deep RB corps.

Samphin1
05-25-2005, 09:19 AM
If I was a Dolphins player, I would want nothing to do with him. He bailed on them so badly it's not even funny.

If I was a fan, I'd probably have the same attitude. You have no idea what you're getting. He could be a 235 lb. monster like before, or he could be in this solely for the cash. He's a giant question mark, and it's smart that Saban isn't relying on him.

Either way, him quitting essentially ended the Dolphins season last year, and I would be bitter and spiteful.

No doubt he is doing it for the money, just like every other player in the league. No one plays, or coaches for free in the NFL. Secondly, about him ending our season last year, its debatable. Ricky mentioned a lot of problems the team had on his way out and quite honestly he was proven right. The line sucked, the Playcalling was worse and the players lost respect for Wannstedt.

I guess if you want to blame Ricky for everything, we should praise him ( as Dolfans ) for helping to get rid of Wannstedt. For that, I am eternally grateful.

Jan Reimers
05-25-2005, 09:19 AM
Can you say 2,000 yards?

Kerr
05-25-2005, 09:57 AM
I think that if some people are willing to give certain people a second chance with a team, then he should have that second chance for redemption.

don137
05-25-2005, 10:06 AM
A couple thoughts on the whole thing...I think a big factor in Ricky returning is the money. He also probably likes the new regime in Miami as well as the lighter load.
Saban is no dummy and I can't help but think Ricky will be traded at some point. His teammates have no trust in him and it will cause dissention in the locker room.
I question how long will Ricky be back for. He is a target by the media, fans as well as other players. He is too sensitive to not be affected by it. I can't see him lasting more than two years. The question is will he quit on his own or will he be forced out by failing another drug test, which IMO is inevitable.

kbeath
05-25-2005, 10:57 AM
Since when does anyone trust anyone. A coach as dumb as wanny deserves to go through last year. Have you ever even seen an interview with Ricky? You would have to be a complete idiot to put a football season on his back. He has always been looney. He looks out for himself first so what. Bottom line
- He will weigh 220 by the time he is back
- He will only be splitting snaps
- We will never have all our eggs in one basket again
- He hasnt forgotten how to run a football
- He makes our offense more dynamic

Michael82
05-25-2005, 11:45 AM
:bf1:

it's about time someone said it!

Michael82
05-25-2005, 11:50 AM

Here's an example of why the selfish POS should not be allowed back. This was a quote from their starting Center last year. There were many more to follow after that.

First Dolphin to Speak Out

"It's extremely selfish," center Seth McKinney said. "I'm mad. I was tired of answering questions about how he was different when what he did was all too common. He quit when we needed him most. This is the most selfish thing a person could do. You can call it retirement, but I call it quitting."

'It just doesn't make sense'

Michael82
05-25-2005, 11:52 AM
And then again...don't forget this kind of stuff...

http://www.screwricky.com//54on34.JPG

http://www.screwricky.com/Die%20Ricky%20(Small).JPG

http://www.screwricky.com

feelthepain
05-25-2005, 12:00 PM
A couple thoughts on the whole thing...I think a big factor in Ricky returning is the money. He also probably likes the new regime in Miami as well as the lighter load.
Saban is no dummy and I can't help but think Ricky will be traded at some point. His teammates have no trust in him and it will cause dissention in the locker room.
I question how long will Ricky be back for. He is a target by the media, fans as well as other players. He is too sensitive to not be affected by it. I can't see him lasting more than two years. The question is will he quit on his own or will he be forced out by failing another drug test, which IMO is inevitable.Do you know what I love about the possibility's Ricky coming back brings?? We have a much more talent to fall back on if he quits, Ricky won't be the focus of the O teams will not stack the line just to stop him. I think theis makes him far more dangerous. He is a great back. Missing one season will have little effect on his skills. If anything it helped him, recover from small injurys and giving him rest. He will be awsome as a swing pass catcher or a delay up the middle. We now have so many options just at the RB position.

DW would have done nothing with this group but run a vanilla O. Linehan won't do the same. Linehan will have a threat at every skill position on the field and everyone of those postions will be used, or could an option on every play. I think the fact that the fins have made so many good changes doesn't sit well with the Bill fans here.....it's not supposed to!!!

We seem to be talking about the O more then anything, we don't dicuss the fins D much, that tells me a lot of changes have been made to our O and we will be a force like it or not admit it or not. Every time I come to this site and a Bill fan is trying to show their football knowledge by saying that Boston, and Ricky and Ronnie will have little effect on the fins other then a negative influence, I have to laugh and to be honest, it's the kinda stuff that demonstrates fear and that leads to anger. If you read a lot of the responses to fin fans here you'll see the anger. Yes there is a chance these players could disappoint but niether will be put into a position of sole responsibilty with the O, add to that their price tags and, well...inteligent people would consider this a low risk high reward situation!!

The fans here can think whatever they want about the Ricky and Boston, thats what the forum is for, but I'm thrilled with the possibility's. I don't think we will be the inept O you have see the last five years, we will move the ball a variety of ways, this offers three good points. One, we should score more points. Two, we should take more time off the clock and three, we should be able to rest the D a little more. If this happens and I know it will at some point if we score more points and carry a lead into the second half we have more flexability with the D and the things they can do. There is every reason to believe even without Boston and Williams we will be a much better team on both sides of the ball.

kbeath
05-25-2005, 12:39 PM
Why does anyone hold weight with what Mckinney says he is GARBAGE! He would not have been resigned if we had another center. If he would hold a mfing block once in his life maybe ricky-2seasons ago and Feeley- last year wouldnt be getting the shiz smacked out of them on almost every play. I hope one of the guys can play center and we can sit SORRY ASS MCKINNEY ON THE BENCH!!!!

Dicknoze69
05-25-2005, 03:43 PM
If you're Saban, obviously you want Ricky back as an asset to do as you wish...

If you were on the Dolphins last year, I can't imagine you'd want him back after he betrayed the team's and your confidence...All these guys are hard-core competitors and he just bailed on them...

If you're a fan, sure you want him back because he could potentially be the back he used to be...

But if you're a fan who understands team chemistry, you don't want Ricky back because it will undermine the whole team concept...he's just another distration...I'd laugh if this circus caused another precious prime year of Taylor, Thomas, Seau, etc. to be a colossal failure and waste

Dicknoze69
05-25-2005, 03:47 PM
No doubt he is doing it for the money, just like every other player in the league. No one plays, or coaches for free in the NFL. Secondly, about him ending our season last year, its debatable. Ricky mentioned a lot of problems the team had on his way out and quite honestly he was proven right. The line sucked, the Playcalling was worse and the players lost respect for Wannstedt.

I guess if you want to blame Ricky for everything, we should praise him ( as Dolfans ) for helping to get rid of Wannstedt. For that, I am eternally grateful.

Sure, you guys had problems, like everyone else. Your playcalling was bad, Wanny sucks and you had no Oline. But having a star player like Ricky helped mitigate those problems until they were manageable, and allowed the Dolphins to be competitive. It's possible you would have been awful even with Ricky last year.

But when your star player decides to quit right before the season begins, your season is already lost. Ricky quitting was the tremor that began the avalanche.

BuffaloRanger
05-25-2005, 04:22 PM
At least if Ricky returns he'll free up another player for me in fantasy football drafts. I'd never take him - let alone in the first 3 rounds.

Has Ricky even confirmed he wants to come back? Of course his agent wants him too. I bet his agent would drop down on his knees and suck him off if it would make a difference. Steinberg sees the $$$$.

What would Ricky's contract be? Vet min? How's he going to pay back the 8 mil he owes the fins? Or is that just waived? Any punishment at all for him ditching on last year's contract?

How can the NFL allow a player who publicly admitted to taking masking agents to beat NFL drug tests back without a year suspension? The NFL is all bull**** I guess. From the piss-poor refs, to wanting only the big market cities in the playoffs. Tagliabooboo can suck it.

im4bflo
05-25-2005, 08:07 PM
Ricky bent you and your team over, had his way with you, took your money and flipped you the bird as he left,
and now ALL IS FORGOTTEN!???
That's pretty pitiful dude, like PRIDE said, that would never happen in BUFFALO. :squish:

STAMPY
05-25-2005, 08:17 PM
If Ricky returns and makes big plays... all is forgoten in Miami. That's how sports work today. What have you done for me lately. But if he struggles, all will def not be forgoten. That's how it is

wchutalkinboutwillis
05-25-2005, 08:26 PM
I'll take him back no problem. I think even with a year off he's still a top 5 back in this league and with Ronnie, Ricky , Kay-Jay, and Gordon I think we have a very deep backfield. Besides having a top five back playing for the Vet minimum is OK with me. Ricky will be happy in this new O. Unlike Wanny, Saban and comp. won't run the ball 54 times a game. So I think with a one two punch of Ricky and Ronnie we have the best backfield in the AFC east if not the league. Whats not to love???
We've already been over this. It would be great for Miami to have two backs of that caliber in their backfield. But to be realistic: Ronnie was taken #2 overall. RB's do not require the development time that most other positions do. He won't need mentoring. Big cash on the bench = angry management which has a trickle down effect. What makes it even more complicated is that Williams will be out for the first 4 games. What happens if Ronnie comes in and lights it up during that span? I don't know. Maybe Ricky would be content as a back-up? I'd find that hard to believe. Honestly, I think Ricky Williams is electrifying. I was in awe when I watched him against the Bills in 03'. But today is a different day with a different situation. He came to a crossroads in his life and took a wrong turn. Maybe he's pulled a U-turn but he's got a lot of traffic to go through before he gets to where he needs to be.

Luisito23
05-25-2005, 09:01 PM

U definetly must be smoking the same s*** R.W. is to say something as pitiful as that....
damn it must be some good weed....
can I take a hit?????????
P.S.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :respect: :peace:

NJFINSFAN1
05-26-2005, 11:24 AM
I for one, would love for Ricky just to go away. Every time I here his name I think of last year. I don't trust the guy. I would rather go forward and start new and fresh with Brown.

Kerr
05-26-2005, 11:36 AM
Trust is a hard thing to earn back. I think Ricky deserves a second chance with the team, even if he really needs to come back for the money. It sounds like he's in a financial bind right now. Perhaps in the midst of all things he'll once again recover his thirst for playing ball. As a football fan,I like watching the guy play.

BAM
05-26-2005, 11:38 AM
Wicky's cool I'd like to burn a J with him sometime.

justasportsfan
05-27-2005, 08:17 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3637450

Williams not ready for NFL return ... yet

With a talent base even lower than that of an Ivy League cheerleading tryout, Saban has to explore all possibilities.

The workout routine can begin with dreadlifts.

According to rumor, 15 pounds of Ricky's 40-pound weight loss was credited to a hair cut. If he saved his dreads, these can be added to any load Williams may lift.

While yoga can be quite beneficial and has been used by many athletes in strength-related sports, Ricky will need much more.

Here's a small portion of our sample routine.

Monday/Thursday

While kneeling, beg forgiveness from Dolphins teammates who lost 12 games in your absence.

Build shoulders by shrugging whenever a teammate asks a difficult question regarding your disappearance.

Know that bench press is not a form of media boycott.

Believe anyone who says seated rows have nothing to do with corn.

Remember that squat is something to do, not something you know.

The carioca drill is not your opportunity to belt out a Lenny Kravitz tune.

Carry all team equipment from storage facility to practice field.

Carry all team equipment from practice field to storage facility.

Eat your words.

Repeat.

Major muscle groups also can be attacked by executing the power clean, which has nothing to do with drug tests or The Original Whizzinator..

Ricky also should be advised that calculating weight increases in these lifts should not be done in kilos.

:roflmao: :roflmao:

Samphin1
05-27-2005, 10:48 AM
Yeah I saw that a few days ago Justa. I suppose its funny. The best ones were the first ones, then, ,they just kind of fell apart. Almost like the writer needed to flesh out a column or something.

Kerr
05-27-2005, 11:25 AM
The part about him not wanting to consume dead animal protein...great for him.:tip: