PDA

View Full Version : Jerman Signs

gr8slayer
05-25-2005, 03:51 PM
Just read it on the BB.com homepage

Jan Reimers
05-25-2005, 03:54 PM
Great. I guess he'll battle guys like Lawrence Smith and Dylan McFarland for the last reserve O line position. I don't see him being too much help.

BuffaloRanger
05-25-2005, 04:08 PM
Need an Olineman?

Dial 1-888-GARBAGE

(TD has it on speed dial)

Fins Fans - you only get 24 hours to laugh about the Bills signing one of your rejects.

Starting....now.

Nublar7
05-25-2005, 05:04 PM
Need an Olineman?

Dial 1-888-GARBAGE

Fins Fans - you only get 24 hours to laugh about the Bills signing one of your rejects.

Starting....now.I will take advantage of this 24 hour period.

:lolpoint: Buffalo Bills

justasportsfan
05-25-2005, 05:06 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3194

the yoda bug has hit McNally. Check out his ears

justasportsfan
05-25-2005, 05:07 PM
I will take advantage of this 24 hour period.

:lolpoint: Buffalo Bills

:lolpoint: 4-12

Nublar7
05-25-2005, 05:09 PM
:lolpoint: 4-12
:lolpoint: 0-4

gr8slayer
05-25-2005, 05:12 PM
This one is about to get ugly.

justasportsfan
05-25-2005, 05:12 PM
:lolpoint: 0-4:lolpoint: Last place in the AFCE

Italian Stallion
05-25-2005, 05:13 PM
:lolpoint: 0-4

huh? 0-4 turned into 9-7 buddy. How bout feelme at QB this year? Or being pumped up that a skinny ass pothead is coming back to your team? This board smells like fish all of a sudden, awful rotten fish

gr8slayer
05-25-2005, 05:13 PM
By the way its time to move on and get over the past. Its much more impressive to put up a winning record during the FA period. So win one in the FA period and Ill be more than impressed.

Nublar7
05-25-2005, 05:17 PM
:lolpoint: Last place in the AFCEHmm, which is worst, last place in the East for ONE year or never winning a Super Bowl? hmmm.

justasportsfan
05-25-2005, 05:39 PM
Hmm, which is worst, last place in the East for ONE year or never winning a Super Bowl? hmmm.whatever is more current because that's who you are at this moment. :snicker:

The_Philster
05-25-2005, 06:21 PM
Hmm, which is worst, last place in the East for ONE year or never winning a Super Bowl? hmmm.

your dad hadn't even started playing with himself the last time the Fish won it

jamze132
05-25-2005, 09:09 PM
You know your a dumbass when your favorite sports team is franticly trying to lure a known drug addict to play for them. You also know your a dumbass when you think that Miami will finish higher in the standings this year than any other team in the AFC East.

2 reasons why the Phins phinish last again: Gus & AJ (aka the Amibiguously Gay Duo)

Bills 4 life
05-25-2005, 09:49 PM
HILARIOUS

THATHURMANATOR
05-25-2005, 10:11 PM
Hmm, which is worst, last place in the East for ONE year or never winning a Super Bowl? hmmm.
Or not winning one for over 30 years????

clumping platelets
05-25-2005, 10:13 PM
:movie:

Nublar7
05-25-2005, 10:34 PM
You know your a dumbass when your favorite sports team is franticly trying to lure a known drug addict to play for them. You also know your a dumbass when you think that Miami will finish higher in the standings this year than any other team in the AFC East.

2 reasons why the Phins phinish last again: Gus & AJ (aka the Amibiguously Gay Duo)1. How is opening the door for Ricky a frantic move? :lol: We don't need him, he is just an extra luxery. Two backs are better then one.

2. I never said Miami is going to do great this year. Show me one place I said we would win the division and be great this year. hmmmm.

BADTHINGSMAN
05-25-2005, 11:12 PM
I said we would win the division and be great this year.

You just said it, lol.. :D:

camelcowboy
05-26-2005, 12:12 AM
http://nandotimes.nandomedia.com/ips_rich_content/970-williams.jpglol this should sum up last season for you Nublar

LtFinFan66
05-26-2005, 12:18 AM
I must say I am not sure that signing a guy who couldn't make it on our line is a good thing for you.

camelcowboy
05-26-2005, 12:21 AM
I must say I am not sure that signing a guy who couldn't make it on our line is a good thing for you.Your absolutely right, he signed the contract so we could cut him in July. He's no more than a practice squad at the most.

Bert102176
05-26-2005, 12:36 AM
New England
Buffalo
Miami
NY Jets

that's my prediction for the division this next season

Bert102176
05-26-2005, 12:37 AM
and that's with NE having the Officials help once again :blowup:

Tatonka
05-26-2005, 12:51 AM
what a wasted of space on the field.

i guess he is probably automatically in the LT race too. :puke:

LifetimeBillsFan
05-26-2005, 04:37 AM
Why? I must admit that I can't come close to seeing the logic behind this move.... Even as TC fodder. UGH!

mybills
05-26-2005, 06:04 AM
His grandmother and Uncles are Pats fans. They watched all of the Miami games just to see him play (when they let him) ...now they will be watching all of the Bills games. I'm sure we'll be hearing from his Uncles (he looks just like them) who are friends with my hubby.

feelthepain
05-26-2005, 06:13 AM
Your absolutely right, he signed the contract so we could cut him in July. He's no more than a practice squad at the most.

Or he's your new starting LT!!! If I'm not mistaken your GM did little to improve you inept line this off season

feelthepain
05-26-2005, 06:30 AM
and that's with NE having the Officials help once again :blowup:

So in other words, the only reason your team won't win the division with a rookie QB and a poor O-line is because the refs will help the Pats cheat???? :haha:

mysticsoto
05-26-2005, 06:31 AM
Or he's your new starting LT!!! If I'm not mistaken your GM did little to improve you inept line this off season
Not true. Bennie Anderson is an improvement at LG and we got ourselves a very intelligent center that is a low center of gravity type player. He could develop to be an elite Center if he can develop more upper body strength - which actually is easier than developing a low center of gravity and lower body strength - not to mention intelligence. And with MW losing weight, I think our line will be better than last season even with LT as a ???. but Gandy is striking me to be alot like JJ. Good when he is in, but injury prone - in essence, all we probably did was swap for the same type of player.

Why this Miami reject was signed I don't know since I don't know too much about him. It could be that he is desperate and is trying to work out really hard to have a job. Or it could be that he's just being brought into push the others to achieve higher results...or it could be that TD owes someone a favor. Whatever the reason, in training camp is where it is decided who will play and who won't - if he hasn't improved, then he will be cut and McNally will take the best available and work with what he has.

feelthepain
05-26-2005, 06:34 AM
Need an Olineman?

Dial 1-888-GARBAGE

Starting....now.

SOLID, SOLID PICK UP!!:lmao:

feelthepain
05-26-2005, 06:40 AM
Not true. Bennie Anderson is an improvement at LG and we got ourselves a very intelligent center that is a low center of gravity type player. He could develop to be an elite Center if he can develop more upper body strength - which actually is easier than developing a low center of gravity and lower body strength - not to mention intelligence. And with MW losing weight, I think our line will be better than last season even with LT as a ???. but Gandy is striking me to be alot like JJ. Good when he is in, but injury prone - in essence, all we probably did was swap for the same type of player.

Why this Miami reject was signed I don't know since I don't know too much about him. It could be that he is desperate and is trying to work out really hard to have a job. Or it could be that he's just being brought into push the others to achieve higher results...or it could be that TD owes someone a favor. Whatever the reason, in training camp is where it is decided who will play and who won't - if he hasn't improved, then he will be cut and McNally will take the best available and work with what he has.

Jerman could help your depth, look at it this way LJ Shelton is still out there and your GM hasn't made a move on him. More important is he didn't bend over and take it by making a deal with the Cards for Henry. Smart move IMO.
I think Jerman will at the very least, like you said, push some people in camp.
Good pick up.

camelcowboy
05-26-2005, 07:33 AM
Or he's your new starting LT!!! If I'm not mistaken your GM did little to improve you inept line this off seasonWorry about you 5hit pile you call a offensive line, before you critize ours.

feelthepain
05-26-2005, 08:58 AM
Worry about you 5hit pile you call a offensive line, before you critize ours.

I think our line is set, from what I've been reading we are looking good, whats to worry about!?!?!?:D:

ryven
05-26-2005, 09:25 AM
I think our line is set, from what I've been reading we are looking good, whats to worry about!?!?!?:D:

The fact an O-line needs more than TC to gel together

djjimkelly
05-26-2005, 09:34 AM
im truly not too concerned about signing this chump jerman i think its only for competition. however once june 1st hits and we dont make some sort of move to bring in someone who has a legit shot at LT ill be a little concerned.

LOL on a funny madden note TD sign someone decent for LT its hard to get by in the online leagues im in with a 65-70 overall LT like u have us set up with

kbeath
05-26-2005, 09:36 AM
Jerman is horrible. Period. They cant get Sheldon its not that they dont want him. Shelton will get a decent deal somewhere and Buffalo is not in the market for him to get that kinda deal from them. That is why they went with the bargain basement Jerman. No one can honestly say that Jerman has the talent or even the potential that Shelton has.

BuffaloRanger
05-26-2005, 09:41 AM
How did the fins improve their Oline? I'm not being a dick, I just haven't paid attention.

Football must be too easy for the Bills braintrust. They need more of a challenge. So they showoff by picking up players that no other team wants, then making them starters just to prove how smart they were for picking them up. Basically, you can't be a genius if you go with convential league wisdom - but if you go against it and it works out well then you must be brilliant.

When the Bills picked up Gandy we all thought he was only for depth, now he's templated as a starter. At some point this season Jerman will start at LG. Then the Bills will look super duper smart for picking him up!

feelthepain
05-26-2005, 11:26 AM
How did the fins improve their Oline? I'm not being a dick, I just haven't paid attention.

Miami's line was not as bad as they appeared last season, most were all new to each other and the team. They needed time to gel, and they did somewhat during the season. We picked up Stockar McDougle,Damion Cook, and drafted a T. Plus we added S.Linehan and H.Houck two big improvments over last year. We added more talent to the skill positions all those things combined have IMO made us much more credible.

Our line and depth consists OF J.James, D.McIntosh,D.Cook,W.Smith,S.Mcdougle,V.Carey,J.Stclair,S.Mckinney,R.Hadnot,
T.Pape,T.Whitley,A.Anthony, and R.Reed. I think we have quality and depth. Good coaching will do wonders for this undeachieving group.

ShadowHawk7
05-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Jerman is horrible. Period. They cant get Sheldon its not that they dont want him. Shelton will get a decent deal somewhere and Buffalo is not in the market for him to get that kinda deal from them. That is why they went with the bargain basement Jerman. No one can honestly say that Jerman has the talent or even the potential that Shelton has.

Did anyone honestly say Jerman is a better pickup than Shelton anyway? And how exactly do you know that Jerman is horrible? Have you coached or watched film of him? Do you think that TD actually signed this guy without confering with McNally if he could be worked with to be a solid backup? And don't you think McNally knows what he's doing? And didn't you know the Bills aren't interested in Shelton, b/c they wouldn't trade an angry backup RB to him, and they haven't even contacted him?

kbeath
05-26-2005, 01:21 PM
Did anyone honestly say Jerman is a better pickup than Shelton anyway? And how exactly do you know that Jerman is horrible? Have you coached or watched film of him? Do you think that TD actually signed this guy without confering with McNally if he could be worked with to be a solid backup? And don't you think McNally knows what he's doing? And didn't you know the Bills aren't interested in Shelton, b/c they wouldn't trade an angry backup RB to him, and they haven't even contacted him?
Yes I did watch film on him he has no 'mean streak' he gets pushed around on contact a good lineman doesnt allow the defender to get inside his pads thus dictating his movement. I am sure that TD talked with McNallly the guy has good size and the Bills need depth. As far as Shelton is concerned the Bills thought they could get a better deal with T Henry elsewhere. They didnt contact him because they CANNOT AFFORD HIM! DO YOU TEST DRIVE A LIMO IF YOU CANT AFFORD ONE? DIDNT THINK SO! The Bills didnt get the trade they wanted but if they would have traded for Shelton then he would have had to play under his current contract and thus giving the Bills a Starter at left tackle. I guess youll see ....A good Left Tackle is VITAL when your starting a NEW QB. When he is getting killed Bills fans will regret they didnt sign Shelton. Mark my words!!!

mybills
05-26-2005, 01:40 PM
First of all, didn't he play DT on Miami?
Second..the Miami fans are right. He's never made any spectacular plays, or I wouldn't have heard the end of it from his grandma. Also, he never left 2nd string as far as I know, :idunno:

jamze132
05-26-2005, 02:10 PM
1. How is opening the door for Ricky a frantic move? :lol: We don't need him, he is just an extra luxery. Two backs are better then one.

2. I never said Miami is going to do great this year. Show me one place I said we would win the division and be great this year. hmmmm.
Who said I was talking directly about you? Why are you so sensitive? Don't be THAT guy!

Bling
05-26-2005, 02:14 PM
The same reject Jerman we got rid of?

Bling
05-26-2005, 02:15 PM
Need an Olineman?

Dial 1-888-GARBAGE

Starting....now.

I thought so.

Bling
05-26-2005, 02:16 PM

Actually... he has. :shutup:

Bling
05-26-2005, 02:18 PM
I'm going to BUMP this thread until you guys release this piece of sh....

TedMock
05-26-2005, 02:52 PM
Training camp fodder. Who cares? Every year, every team signs a handful of these guys for cheap competition. I don't even understand the argument. Nobody thinks he's going to make the team, but you always have to fill the training camp roster with guys like this.

As for Shelton, Buffalo did have him in for a visit, but they obviously weren't impressed. It has nothing to do with affording him at this point. If they do like him, they'll stay in touch. The whole argument is seriously stupid.

gr8slayer
05-26-2005, 03:05 PM
I know the move seems pretty weak but it never hurts to have some depth at OL or DL.

justasportsfan
05-26-2005, 03:21 PM
Relax people. If we can cut someone like Gildon, who's to say Jerman won't be camp fodder?

feelthepain
05-26-2005, 05:10 PM
Relax people. If we can cut someone like Gildon, who's to say Jerman won't be camp fodder?
Your line is taking shape!!!!:funny:

ShadowHawk7
05-26-2005, 09:16 PM
Yes I did watch film on him he has no 'mean streak' he gets pushed around on contact a good lineman doesnt allow the defender to get inside his pads thus dictating his movement. I am sure that TD talked with McNallly the guy has good size and the Bills need depth. As far as Shelton is concerned the Bills thought they could get a better deal with T Henry elsewhere. They didnt contact him because they CANNOT AFFORD HIM! DO YOU TEST DRIVE A LIMO IF YOU CANT AFFORD ONE? DIDNT THINK SO! The Bills didnt get the trade they wanted but if they would have traded for Shelton then he would have had to play under his current contract and thus giving the Bills a Starter at left tackle. I guess youll see ....A good Left Tackle is VITAL when your starting a NEW QB. When he is getting killed Bills fans will regret they didnt sign Shelton. Mark my words!!!

We are about a mill under the cap, and Shelton wouldn't be signed here for much more than vet min which is under that easily. McNally obviously isn't enamored at him, and if he isn't neither am I. I'm not saying Jerman will be our started anytime soon if ever. I'm saying McNally saw something in him that could be worked w/ that could possiblymake him a decent backup. And if he is training camp fodder, so be it, no biggie, just a low risk, decent reward possibility move here. And about us regreting to sign Shelton, if we didn't have cap room, even though we do, we wouldn't be able to sign him even if we wanted to, which we don't, so it wouldn't be a bad move. The coaching staff really thinks Gandy will be a solid starter at LT, and until he proves them wrong, I'll take their word for it.
:brush:

I'm going to BUMP this thread until you guys release this piece of sh....

So THAT'S what it means! :D: