PDA

View Full Version : Your top five skill players?

gr8slayer
05-25-2005, 05:01 PM
QB:
1. Tom Brady - You dont win three out of four by mistake
2. Peyton Manning - Dont care if its the system, the numbers speak for themselves.
3. Donovan F. McNabb - Maybe the best all around QB in the league.
4. Marc Bulger - I know Ill get some crap for this one but the guy is the most underrated guy in the league.
5. Daunte Culpepper - Second best all around QB with unmatched arm strength.

RB:
1. LT - Best all around back in the NFL, can catch and has great power and speed.
2. Edge - Same as LT but bigger. If he can stay healthy he is heading for the HOF.
3. Shaun Alexander - Great runner with a crappy line and an all around crappy offense. Was almost rushing champion last season too.
4. Willis - Call me a homer or whatever you will but there is no doubt this guy has just as good, if not better physical ability than anyone in the NFL at RB. He is great at finding holes and hitting them hard. Dances in the hole too much IMO but other than that he is solid.
5. Priest - When healthy is there anyone better?

WR:
1. Torry Holt - Best route runner in the NFL and maybe the best speed as well.
2. Hines Ward - Toughest SOB at WR. Guy blocks like a lineman and catches anything that goes his way. Doesnt put up the huge numbers but has skills no other WR in the league has.
3. Marvin Harrison - Another near perfect route runner with great vision. He makes every DB that goes against him look stupid everytime.
4. Chad Johnson - I hate the guy as a person but as a player he is a freak of nature. Another really really tough guy that backs up everything he says.
5. Terrell Owens - Power, size, speed, injured. That last one is the only reason why he isnt number one.
............ Randy Moss is done for so dont even bring him up.

TE:
1. Antonio Gates - I know he only had one good season and he will be keyed on by D's but he is faster and just as big as anyone at that spot. Speed kills against slower LB's and have you seen how high the guy jumps? Yikes.
2. Tony Gonzalez - No need to explain why he is top five.
3. Alge Crumpler - Guy is flippin huge and has the athleticism of some WR's. Catches near everything thrown at him.
4. Randy McMichael - Big and athletic, doesnt talk crap after making a catch just plays hard. He is my personal favorite TE in the NFL.
5. Shockey - I dont know where the guy has been for two years but when he is on he is ON. Toughest guy at his position.

So theres mine, think what you will, say what you will. Who are your top five?

The King
05-25-2005, 05:17 PM
Ward is #1 in my book!

The King
05-25-2005, 05:18 PM
4. Randy McMichael - Big and athletic, doesnt talk crap after making a catch just plays hard. He is my personal favorite TE in the NFL.

He does punch his wife in the face though

gr8slayer
05-25-2005, 05:21 PM
He does punch his wife in the face thoughBut then again who doesnt? I mean this is the 90's.

EDS
05-25-2005, 06:18 PM
QB:
1. Brady
2. P. Manning
3. D. McNabb
4. D. Culpepper
5. B. Farve

RB:
1. L. Tomlinson
2. E. James
3. S. Alexander
4. C. Dillon
5. J. Lewis

WR:
1. R. Moss
2. T. Owens
3. M. Harrison
4. T. Holt
5. C. Johnson

TE:
1. T. Gonzalez
2. A. Gates
3. A. Crumpler
4. J. Whitten
5. T. Heap

The_Philster
05-25-2005, 06:25 PM
But then again who doesnt? I mean this is the 90's.

woman beaters should be shot...and this isn't the 90s anyway

Stewie
05-25-2005, 06:33 PM
You leave off the best receiver in the game.. and put mark bulger on your qb list. Sweet.

CajunBillsBacker
05-25-2005, 06:33 PM
QB
1) Peyton Manning - Obviously the best
2) Tom Brady - Too many wins to be concidered a fluke
3) Michael Vick - Dangerous
4) Dante Culpepper - Physical specimen
5) Brett Favre - Still very dangerous

RB
1) Ladanian Thomlinson - complete package
2) Willis McGahee - Haven't seen a stiff arm that powerful since Walter Payton
3) Priest Holmes - Is every bit as talented as anyone else when healthy
4) Shaun Alexander - most underrated RB in the league
5) Jamal Lewis - Big poweful, and fast

WR
1) Randy Moss - Say what you will, but he is feared by every DC in the league
2) Tory Holt - Just dominating all around reciever
3) Hines Ward - See Writeup on Holt
4) Marvin Harrison - Small, but no one hasn't figured him out his whole career
5) Terrell Owens - Big mouth, backs it up

TE
1) Tony Gonzales - Dominating his whole career. One of only two TE's who's stats are better than most recievers in the league
2) Antonio Gates - Same as Tony G.
3) Alge Crumpler - Dominating and huge
4) Jason Whitten - Gets the job done constantly
5) Todd Heap - Also a big target who is consistant

jamze132
05-25-2005, 08:59 PM
K - 1. Lindel

jpdex12
05-25-2005, 09:38 PM
Curtis Martin has to be a top 5.

THATHURMANATOR
05-25-2005, 09:46 PM
MARC BULGER????

STAMPY
05-25-2005, 09:49 PM
how do you not put randy moss in top 5

THATHURMANATOR
05-25-2005, 10:12 PM
Seriously!!!

gr8slayer
05-25-2005, 11:39 PM
how do you not put randy moss in top 5Because in my opinion he is going to start going down hill from here on in. If your not going to post your own list dont knock on someone elses.

Pussy

LtFinFan66
05-25-2005, 11:50 PM
QB:
2. Peyton Manning - Dont care if its the system, the numbers speak for themselves.
4. Marc Bulger - I know Ill get some crap for this one but the guy is the most underrated guy in the league.

RB:
1. LT - Best all around back in the NFL, can catch and has great power and speed.
2. Edge - Same as LT but bigger. If he can stay healthy he is heading for the HOF.
3. Shaun Alexander - Great runner with a crappy line and an all around crappy offense. Was almost rushing champion last season too.
4. Willis - Call me a homer or whatever you will but there is no doubt this guy has just as good, if not better physical ability than anyone in the NFL at RB. He is great at finding holes and hitting them hard. Dances in the hole too much IMO but other than that he is solid.

WR:
2. Hines Ward - Toughest SOB at WR. Guy blocks like a lineman and catches anything that goes his way. Doesnt put up the huge numbers but has skills no other WR in the league has.
3. Marvin Harrison - Another near perfect route runner with great vision. He makes every DB that goes against him look stupid everytime.
4. Chad Johnson - I hate the guy as a person but as a player he is a freak of nature. Another really really tough guy that backs up everything he says.
5. Terrell Owens - Power, size, speed, injured. That last one is the only reason why he isnt number one.

TE:
1. Antonio Gates - I know he only had one good season and he will be keyed on by D's but he is faster and just as big as anyone at that spot. Speed kills against slower LB's and have you seen how high the guy jumps? Yikes.
3. Alge Crumpler - Guy is flippin huge and has the athleticism of some WR's. Catches near everything thrown at him.
5. Shockey - I dont know where the guy has been for two years but when he is on he is ON. Toughest guy at his position.

So theres mine, think what you will, say what you will. Who are your top five?All I can say is THANK GOD YOU DIDN'T INCLUDE VICK!!! He is so overrated

camelcowboy
05-26-2005, 12:07 AM
Im surprised Andre Johnson name hasn't been thrown around. He made the probowl last year, and i think he is going to be one of the best receivers next year.

feelthepain
05-26-2005, 06:55 AM
QB:

RB:

WR:

TE:

So theres mine, think what you will, say what you will. Who are your top five?

Corey Dillion,Curtis Martin,Clinton Portis are just three RB's off the top of my head that are better then Willis at this point!!!!! Your a homer!!!!

The King
05-26-2005, 07:23 AM
OK I didnt have time to do my list yesterday. Here it goes.

QB:
Manning: no explanation needed.
Culpepper: Moss gets a lot of the credit. But Culpepper has amazing accuracy.
Green: A guy who never gets much credit. But has accomplished a lot considering that lack of reciever talent he has. He moves the ball better than most. With less weapons.
Brady: Still think he is system product. But he does have 3 rings.
McNabb: All the talent in the world. But he is a poor decision maker. He just isnt that smart.

RB:
LT: Teams gameplan for him, and he still destroys them.
Martin: The best finess back since Barry.
Holmes: When he is healthy he is down-right lethal.
Lewis: Broke 2000 yards only a year ago.
Bettis: Best Goaline runner. EVER????

WR:
Ward: Made Ben look like a Pro Bowler. Best Possesion Reciever in the Game.
Owens: Everything Eric Moulds used to be... except a little bit more.
Holt: Amazing Awareness and timing on the field. Benefits greatly playing opposite of Bruce.
Harrison: 170lbs of consistancy
Moss: Go out and get it.

TE:
Gonzalez: You cant shut him down.
McMichael: Not the best blocker. Sure Hands
Gates: Posses all the skills, that make Gonzalez great
Heap: Carries his teams passing offense... when he is healthy
Crumpler: Most active TE in the league.

justasportsfan
05-26-2005, 07:27 AM
Your a homer!!!!"you're"

camelcowboy
05-26-2005, 07:29 AM
OK I didnt have time to do my list yesterday. Here it goes.

QB:
Manning: no explanation needed.
Culpepper: Moss gets a lot of the credit. But Culpepper has amazing accuracy.
Green: A guy who never gets much credit. But has accomplished a lot considering that lack of reciever talent he has. He moves the ball better than most. With less weapons.
Brady: Still think he is system product. But he does have 3 rings.
McNabb: All the talent in the world. But he is a poor decision maker. He just isnt that smart.

RB:
LT: Teams gameplan for him, and he still destroys them.
Martin: The best finess back since Barry.
Holmes: When he is healthy he is down-right lethal.
Lewis: Broke 2000 yards only a year ago.
Bettis: Best Goaline runner. EVER????

WR:
Ward: Made Ben look like a Pro Bowler. Best Possesion Reciever in the Game.
Owens: Everything Eric Moulds used to be... except a little bit more.
Holt: Amazing Awareness and timing on the field. Benefits greatly playing opposite of Bruce.
Harrison: 170lbs of consistancy
Moss: Go out and get it.

TE:
Gonzalez: You cant shut him down.
McMichael: Not the best blocker. Sure Hands
Gates: Posses all the skills, that make Gonzalez great
Heap: Carries his teams passing offense... when he is healthy
Crumpler: Most active TE in the league.
Good choice with Trent Green, but im not of the Bettis in the top five. He is great but not top five. I look at top five.

The King
05-26-2005, 07:36 AM
Good choice with Trent Green, but im not of the Bettis in the top five. He is great but not top five. I look at top five.

I think he is top ten in rushing yards all-time. Yeah he is 6th all-time. Better than all 4 guys I listed before him. I'd say thats pretty good.

"Bettis moved among the NFL’s elite running backs, becoming only the 10th runner to compile more than 12,000 rushing yards…moved into sixth place on the NFL all-time rushing list passing Jim Brown in the 2003 regular-season finale at Baltimore…"

feelthepain
05-26-2005, 09:11 AM
"you're"
And "YOU'RE" a closet fin fan!!!!!!!

kbeath
05-26-2005, 09:42 AM
Randy Mc did not hit his wife in the face. If you listen to the story he came home drunk on her birthday and she was whoppin his ass so he pushed her off him. If you been slapped in the face you should understand pushing a woman away.

The King
05-26-2005, 09:46 AM
Randy Mc did not hit his wife in the face. If you listen to the story he came home drunk on her birthday and she was whoppin his ass so he pushed her off him. If you been slapped in the face you should understand pushing a woman away.

I believe she was pregnant too.

kbeath
05-26-2005, 10:05 AM
QB:1. Brady
2. P. Manning
3. D. Culpepper
4. D. McNabb
5. B. Leftwich
RB:1. L. Tomlinson
2. E. James
3. S. Alexander
4. J. Jones---watch out he is going to have a HUGE YEAR
5. J. Lewis
WR:1. R. Moss
2. T. Owens
3. C. Johnson
4. M. Harrison
5. H. Ward
TE:1. T. Gonzalez
2. A. Gates
3. T. Heap
4. R. McMichael
5. J. Witten
:peace:

justasportsfan
05-26-2005, 03:59 PM
And "YOU'RE" a closet fin fan!!!!!!! Good job. Nice to see you still have the ability to learn. :up:

feelthepain
05-26-2005, 05:08 PM
Good job. Nice to see you still have the ability to learn. :up:

It's not like half the people even care, but you need to correct people, even when YOU'RE WRONG!!!!:box:

Oaklandraider
05-26-2005, 07:42 PM
Qbs #1 peyton manning
#2 Tom brady Sbs
#3 Donivan mcnabb
#4 Daunte culpepper
#5 Jake delhomme

Wr #1 Randy moss Your an idiot if you didnt put him at #1 look at the sig
#2 T.O
#3 Torry holt
#4 Muhisim mhummad
#5 Marvin harrison
#6 Chad jhonson

RBs #1 Edge
#2 shaun alexander
#3 curtis martin
#4 corey dillion
#5 L.t I hate him
#6 Lamont jordan look out for him.

TE #1 T.gonzo
#2 Gates I hate him
#3 Todd heap
#4 Jason whitten
#5 Alge crumpler
#6 Teyo jhonson look out for him.

gr8slayer
05-26-2005, 07:53 PM
Qbs #1 peyton manning
#2 Tom brady Sbs
#3 Donivan mcnabb
#4 Daunte culpepper
#5 Jake delhomme

#2 T.O
#3 Torry holt
#4 Muhisim mhummad
#5 Marvin harrison
#6 Chad jhonson

RBs #1 Edge
#2 shaun alexander
#3 curtis martin
#4 corey dillion
#5 L.t I hate him

TE #1 T.gonzo
#2 Gates I hate him
#3 Todd heap
#4 Jason whitten
#5 Alge crumpler
#6 Teyo jhonson look out for him.Your opinions might be valued more if you could spell and read. Notice how it says "top five?" Not top six fool.

Crisis
05-26-2005, 07:54 PM
Qbs #1 peyton manning
#2 Tom brady Sbs
#3 Donivan mcnabb
#4 Daunte culpepper
#5 Jake delhomme

#2 T.O
#3 Torry holt
#4 Muhisim mhummad
#5 Marvin harrison
#6 Chad jhonson

RBs #1 Edge
#2 shaun alexander
#3 curtis martin
#4 corey dillion
#5 L.t I hate him

TE #1 T.gonzo
#2 Gates I hate him
#3 Todd heap
#4 Jason whitten
#5 Alge crumpler
#6 Teyo jhonson look out for him.

This from the guy that thinks Ricky Manning is the 2nd best corner in the league.