PDA

View Full Version : In response to Bills "demise"

Bill Brasky
05-25-2005, 11:12 PM
This gets brought up on the boards quite often (thought of Buffalo possibly leaving if the league makes it impossible for small markets to compete).

I often wonder if the fans would cause an uproar like those in Cleveland and try to bring the team back... or bring a new franchise in?

If the Bills ever left I would find it impossible to root for the city they move to, and football as I know it would cease to exist... I would find no fun in watching games anymore.

BADTHINGSMAN
05-25-2005, 11:16 PM
Ive been thinking about that recently as well.. Id probably watch football, just wouldnt get into a game as much as I do now..

If the Bills ever left and another team replaced it, I still couldnt get to enthused for the the new team.. Nothing could ever replace the Buffalo Bills..

Pride
05-26-2005, 07:00 AM
I think if the buffalo bills move... the name will stay. They would rename the team like the Titans did.

If we had something like cleveland happen... where we keep the name/uniform... but just a whole new organization, I could cheer for them.

juice
05-26-2005, 09:05 AM
I think if the buffalo bills move... the name will stay. They would rename the team like the Titans did.

If we had something like cleveland happen... where we keep the name/uniform... but just a whole new organization, I could cheer for them.I think the name would be part of the sale of the franchise.. I just dont see another NFL team coming to B'Lo if this was to happen like in the Browns case.

Jayhawk
05-26-2005, 09:07 AM
I'd not root for the team that came in here.

Pride
05-26-2005, 09:12 AM
I dont think the name would be sold...

Why would anyone outside of buffalo wanna be called the Bills? That would be like the dolphins moving to montana.... The Montana Dolphins! It just wouldnt make sense.

If they moved to LA, I am sure they would have a different name

TedMock
05-26-2005, 10:54 AM
The Albuquerque Isotopes? :couch:

BAM
05-26-2005, 11:14 AM
I'd follow them wherever they moved to..untill they moved back that is.

I really have no ties to the city, I just love the team. It'd definitely suck to see them move though. Buffalo is a cool town. Good atmosphere up there for football.

ExWNYer
05-26-2005, 11:47 AM
This gets brought up on the boards quite often (thought of Buffalo possibly leaving if the league makes it impossible for small markets to compete).

I often wonder if the fans would cause an uproar like those in Cleveland and try to bring the team back... or bring a new franchise in?

If the Bills ever left I would find it impossible to root for the city they move to, and football as I know it would cease to exist... I would find no fun in watching games anymore.

I agree completely with your third paragraph...the league would be dead to me.
The fans would definitely cause an uproar but it wouldn't do any good. With an ever shrinking population, a bad economy, and corrupt politicians, WNY would never be granted another NFL franchise.
There's no way the team would still be named the Bills if they left town. The franchise is named after a person, William "Buffalo Bill" Cody. The moniker "Bills" makes absolutely no sense for any other town (even dumber than LA Lakers). The helmet/uni would completely change, too. Why would the buffalo stay on the helmet unless the the nickname changed to the "Buffaloes" ala the University of Colorado? Without the team being located in Buffalo or without retaining the logo or nickname, what the hell would be the reason to cheer for them???
BTW, for anyone old enough to remember the Buffalo Braves of the NBA, when they moved to San Diego they became the Clippers (now the LA Clippers...yet another nonsensical, stupid name for an LA franchise) and the unis changed, too.

NJFINSFAN1
05-26-2005, 11:50 AM
Well, football would not be the same without the Bills. Love them or hate them, they are a staple in this league. I would hate to see them go, cold weather or not!

Bill Brasky
05-26-2005, 01:11 PM
BTW, for anyone old enough to remember the Buffalo Braves of the NBA, when they moved to San Diego they became the Clippers (now the LA Clippers...yet another nonsensical, stupid name for an LA franchise) and the unis changed, too.

The Braves had sweet uni's... you can catch a good deal for them on ebay every now and then.

BlackMetalNinja
05-26-2005, 03:51 PM
The Braves had sweet uni's... you can catch a good deal for them on ebay every now and then.
or you could be sweet like me and already own one... Though I still gotta get the powder blue one too.