• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Heres Wishing We Had Nugent!

It very well may turn out to be one of the best picks in the draft. If this guy pans out like expected, he may a Vinateiri. Doesn't that kind of suck having those two in the same division and we are stuck with Lindel? I am willing to bet all of my zonebucks that this season alone, The Jets and Pats will beat us with a contributing factor, the kickers on both teams.
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Im not that worried about Lindell.

Comment

• TedMock
      • Jul 2002

If Nugent wins 2 or 3 games each year, he's well worth it. Adam V. made his name with 2 or 3 clutch kicks each year.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
        Im not that worried about Lindell.
        Honestly, me neither.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

he wont be like vinateri.. because vinetari and akers, along with every other good kicker in the league besides janakowski (who is barely above average) are all UNDRAFTED FREE AGENTS... so no.. nugent wont ever be like vinateri.

nugent hasnt even kicked in a game yet and he is good? who is to say that any other kicker couldnt win a few games for them too? brien was good all year except for his one awful game. sorry.. kickers are not worth 1st day draft picks.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Aug 2004

BTW: for those who missed it--Nugent missed his first FG try in the Jets mini-camp (if I remember correctly, it was a 40 or 42 yarder).

According to the NY papers at the time, he did improve after that inauspicious start, but he wasn't automatic on all of his kicks. Still, at least they let him try a kick over 40 yards, it seems like M.Mularkey doesn't have enough confidence in Lindell to hit one at that distance....and neither do I.
            Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
              he wont be like vinateri.. because vinetari and akers, along with every other good kicker in the league besides janakowski (who is barely above average) are all UNDRAFTED FREE AGENTS... so no.. nugent wont ever be like vinateri.

nugent hasnt even kicked in a game yet and he is good? who is to say that any other kicker couldnt win a few games for them too? brien was good all year except for his one awful game. sorry.. kickers are not worth 1st day draft picks.
              T, I agree completely.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ryjam282
                Offical Billszone Starting QB
                • Mar 2003

brien was good all year except for his one awful game. sorry..

Brien?

Ryan Withey
                Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                  • May 2003

Why are you going to wish you had Nugent? It isn't like the Bills passed on him. If you can wish for anyone in the league drafted before him I can wish for anyone drafted before the Bills.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan
                    BTW: for those who missed it--Nugent missed his first FG try in the Jets mini-camp (if I remember correctly, it was a 40 or 42 yarder).

According to the NY papers at the time, he did improve after that inauspicious start, but he wasn't automatic on all of his kicks. Still, at least they let him try a kick over 40 yards, it seems like M.Mularkey doesn't have enough confidence in Lindell to hit one at that distance....and neither do I.

thats impossible! nugent will never miss anything! he is the best kicker ever!

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• TedMock
                      • Jul 2002

That's a very good point about Akers and Vinatieri not being drafted. I still think that Nugent could prove his being worth that pick, although I would never do that as of now. Show me several years of consistantly hammering in clutch kicks and we'll talk. If he does do that a few times a year, then I'll say "yes, he was worth it." I still would not have been happy had we made that pick if the option was there.

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

Go ahead and poke your fun. Isn't it kind of ironic that the 2 pro bowl kickers where also in the superbowl? I just don't understand why some people don't think that the kicker is an important position. So what if he isn't in the trenches or catching passes over the middle. The kicker can make or break your team. As we saw a few times last year throughout the NFL. Do I need to mention the momentum changing 29 yarder?

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by jamze132
                          Go ahead and poke your fun. Isn't it kind of ironic that the 2 pro bowl kickers where also in the superbowl? I just don't understand why some people don't think that the kicker is an important position. So what if he isn't in the trenches or catching passes over the middle. The kicker can make or break your team. As we saw a few times last year throughout the NFL. Do I need to mention the momentum changing 29 yarder?
                          Please quote one person that was saying the kicker position isn't important.

Comment

• colin
                            Drew's my hero!
                            • Jul 2002

the reason why no one picks kickers is that they tend to all have the same damn ability -- it comes down to mental state and confidence and since they are prone to being head cases they go up and down like yo yos.

with other players, they might even be head cases, but they often posses rare physical abilities. kickers are nearly all the same skinny dude

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132

not a single person said that kickers were not important.. you need to reread what is being stated..

it is a simple fact.. you dont have to waste draft picks on kickers.. the best kickers in the nfl are guys that were on the streets.. not drafted on day one.. what the **** is so hard to understand about that statement..

you made the damn point yourself.. the two probowl kickers were in the superbowl.. great! they also didnt hear their names called in the draft..

just because you draft a guy doesnt mean he is going to hit clutch kicks in the nfl.. simple as that.

Comment

Working...
                              X