PDA

View Full Version : Bills really concerned about the TE position

Kerr
05-26-2005, 11:35 PM
ProFootballWeekly:

While the Bills aren’t in panic mode regarding their tenuous TE situation, we hear they are definitely concerned. The knee injury suffered by third-round draft pick Kevin Everett in the team’s postdraft minicamp is expected to sideline him until October or beyond. That currently leaves backups Ryan Neufeld and Rod Trafford as the top two tight ends. Veteran starter Mark Campbell and rising second-year player Tim Euhus are both expected to be back by training camp, but they are still rehabilitating from season-ending knee injuries they suffered Dec. 5, 2004, in Miami. Keep an eye on the Bills during June. If they go out and sign a veteran tight end, it likely means they have serious concerns about whether Everett, Campbell or Euhus will return at full strength this season. If they stand pat, it should be taken as a positive sign regarding the aforementioned players’ progress.

Any decent TE's out there on the verge of getting cut?

LifetimeBillsFan
05-27-2005, 02:09 AM
The concern about the TEs may have been somewhat alleviated by the fact that Campbell and Euhus were able to run routes and catch some passes--albeit not while the team was running plays and only passes thrown by the trainers--during the Thursday practice at the team's OTA. According to the article that I posted, M.Mularkey seems to think that Campbell and Euhus are "a little ahead of schedule" in their recoveries.

Mr. Miyagi
05-27-2005, 06:32 AM
Whatever happened to Marcellus Rivers? Don't think he's signed with anyone yet...

Jayhawk
05-27-2005, 06:33 AM
maybe the league has figured out that Rivers stinks.

ryjam282
05-27-2005, 06:40 AM
He signed already, recently, can't remember who it was with though.

Jeff1220
05-27-2005, 07:07 AM
Could this be another possibility for a Travis Henry swap?

Tatonka
05-27-2005, 07:18 AM
we just got a vcoach message the other day that both euhus and campbell are doing fine and will be full go for training camp..

people blow the TE crap all out of proportion.

OpIv37
05-27-2005, 07:46 AM
sounds a little like they're reaching for a story during a light period for football news. That being said, I'd love to see the Bills find a big-play TE again. Campbell's decent but he's no Gates or Gonzales. Maybe Everett.....

Earthquake Enyart
05-27-2005, 08:24 AM
Da Bears are unhappy with Desmond Clark. Wouldn't surprise me if they cut him.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-27-2005, 08:41 AM
There will be several viable veteran TE's available after June 1. We'll take a look, and very likely sign one of the less costly ones, and at least bring him to camp. If Euhus and Campbell are full strength, I would prefer them over other castoffs. Both are very good TE's, and we are very solid at TE if two of the three are ready to go.

Mr. Miyagi
05-27-2005, 09:53 AM
Da Bears are unhappy with Desmond Clark. Wouldn't surprise me if they cut him.
He sucked in Denver before he sucked in Chicago. No thanks.

Sportsuser101
05-27-2005, 01:38 PM
I don't think Freddie Jones signed anywhere. I think Rivers signed with the Texans.. or was it Jones?

Dicknoze69
05-27-2005, 01:43 PM
Rivers signed with Houston after Joppru pulled a Bills TE and blew out his ACL.

Freddie Jones signed with the Panthers a couple weeks ago.